Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
That would be torture for me :stick_out_tongue:

But really I think I've gotten better about the constant changing of avatars. I used to have a different one like every week. Now its more like a different one every three weeks XD

Hubert

Reaction score
While we're speaking about avatars a bit...Boy do I have a hard time following avatars. They keep changing...I can't keep up with them. A user's avatar is the image I associate the user with...then I can't get used to the new image. And then if someone uses a similar avatar of someone else, then I get the two users confused.
All I know is I wish the old truth or dare thread worked out a little better, because I would've dared Newsie to go an entire month without changing her av. :stick_out_tongue:
There used to be a truth or dare thread? Cool!

bandit

Reaction score
While we're speaking about avatars a bit...Boy do I have a hard time following avatars. They keep changing...I can't keep up with them. A user's avatar is the image I associate the user with...then I can't get used to the new image. And then if someone uses a similar avatar of someone else, then I get the two users confused.

I know what you mean! That happens to me sometimes, though I can understand why people do it too.

OoO! We had one of these on a forum I frequented many many maaaaany moons ago. *lol* It was SUCH a blast but....Eh, I doubt it would be such a big hit here.

Hubert

Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! That was hilarious! I just dug up the thread. I love how LinkiePie never responded...

D'Snowth

Reaction score

I have that same problem too: I come to identify people by their avatars, I've grown accustomed to some people changing their avatars all the time, but some users change them so infrequently that when they do, I have trouble recognizing them until I see their name below the avatar.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
While we're speaking about avatars a bit...Boy do I have a hard time following avatars. They keep changing...I can't keep up with them. A user's avatar is the image I associate the user with...then I can't get used to the new image.
I must be very confusing to you then:halo:

And then if someone uses a similar avatar of someone else, then I get the two users confused.
Thats actually why I stopped with the Floyd avatars to begin with and will not use an avatar from something someone else is using. We used to have a bunch of people with Floyd avatars and it just got confusing. I never got back into the habit

bandit

Reaction score
Thats actually why I stopped with the Floyd avatars to begin with and will not use an avatar from something someone else is using. We used to have a bunch of people with Floyd avatars and it just got confusing. I never got back into the habit
I have to admit I'm like that too. I don't like to hoard in on anyone's territory and usually go for something completely different if I notice there is another avatar like the one I want already.
Red's an exception because....she was always my fav muppet and it was a childhood nickname of mine and there's just too much nostalgia wrapped up in it to not go there. Couldn't part with it. BUT I would normally throw Lina Inverse up here or something else totally random. It's true.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I don't think there is any real reason as to why I use what I use. A few occasions there is. Like when a bunch of us were using AiW avatars. This one is because of me accidentally starting something while just trying to be weird in the describe yourself thread.

But usually I put something up that is either totally random, or what I am currently obsessed with

bandit

Reaction score
I don't think there is any real reason as to why I use what I use. A few occasions there is. Like when a bunch of us were using AiW avatars. This one is because of me accidentally starting something while just trying to be weird in the describe yourself thread.

But usually I put something up that is either totally random, or what I am currently obsessed with
Well there you go. *lol* I think alot of us on here are currently obsessed with whatever it is we're posting about here.

Though....I really have to fight the urge to put up Coily or Krankor from various MST3K episodes. OR Nanny from Voltron. She's always a joy.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well I did start playing Brutal Legend again so I guess the timing was good :stick_out_tongue: