I Think my Head's Been in the Clouds too Long...

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm very sorry things are getting you down Snowth. :frown:

Michelle and I plan to become more active here in the future and check out things on Youtube and other places. At the moment I'm hardly doing much online because the summer heat knocks me around. We definitely want to look at your Youtube channel together when I go back to America in October for three months. She has air-conditioning 24/7.

I might even look at your videos myself when it finally cools off in Australia. I haven't got regular air-con access. One day I will be in regular contact with MC again I promise.

And please don't let life get you down my friend. :smile:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
It would be very nice if that's really all that did matter, but unfortunately, recognition is a necessary evil, especially in this industry, and especially by today's standards, like I've said many times before, that's the scary thing about networks today, if it seems like nobody's watching, you're gone after just a couple of episodes...
and again, it IS a little discouraging and disheartening that public reaction to these videos has dwindled to practically nothing compared to the old days when I had like 50-100 views and 5-10 comments within the first day of upload.
Oh I see...I didn't realize that you had a following and it has since declined. I can certainly understand how that is discouraging. Didn't you say you do something on a PBS station out of where you live or am I mistaken?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Didn't you say you do something on a PBS station out of where you live or am I mistaken?
No, you're right, I did, that's actually where I got my start back in 2004, originally just as a substitute puppeteer for their summer pledge drive because their regular puppeteer was unable to make it that week, so I offered my services, and Steve was born. He became a bit of a success, so I they let me perform again for the March 2005 and August 2005 pledge drives as well, but we haven't had any anymore since then because our intake kept dwindling far below their financial goals (mainly because of fanatical right-wing groups spreading propaganda telling people not support shows like SST and Arthur and Clifford for teaching tolerance and acceptance towards homosexuals), so they haven't really used me since then.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Boy, life has slapped me in the face a few times.
Like for one, I thought I would've had a model train series online in 2008, but look, it's 2012 and it's never been put, up.
Another thing, I've been wanting to do a remake of a movie for awhile, but I've been clueless on how to do it.
But now, I'm trying to get into the hobby of RC tank combat, I seem to like the idea so I'm going to try.
But for now, I'm just trying not to give up.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like for one, I thought I would've had a model train series online in 2008, but look, it's 2012 and it's never been put, up.
The idea for my first puppet sitcom came to me in late 2007, and I was wanting to have it on the air by 2009, but if that didn't work, no later than 2012... well, 2012 is halfway over, and that still never came into fruition.

I've got more ideas, more shows, more characters, etc in mind that I'm afraid I'll never get to do anything with.

I've noticed lately, my parents seem to keep hinting that I need to get a REAL job (as in a thankless 9 to 5 job)... if that ever happens, then I'm just going to have to retire from puppetry, because there is no way I'm going to lower myself to the level some people did ("Oh, I was a waiter before I became an actor", "Oh, I worked at McDonald's before I had my first contract", etc). Jim Henson didn't get into it that way. Sid & Marty Krofft didn't get into that way. I don't want to be in it that way.

Hubert

Reaction score
The idea for my first puppet sitcom came to me in late 2007, and I was wanting to have it on the air by 2009, but if that didn't work, no later than 2012... well, 2012 is halfway over, and that still never came into fruition.

I've got more ideas, more shows, more characters, etc in mind that I'm afraid I'll never get to do anything with.

I've noticed lately, my parents seem to keep hinting that I need to get a REAL job (as in a thankless 9 to 5 job)... if that ever happens, then I'm just going to have to retire from puppetry, because there is no way I'm going to lower myself to the level some people did ("Oh, I was a waiter before I became an actor", "Oh, I worked at McDonald's before I had my first contract", etc). Jim Henson didn't get into it that way. Sid & Marty Krofft didn't get into that way. I don't want to be in it that way.
But you're not going to let it happen, right? You can't just give up on puppeteering like that. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've noticed lately, my parents seem to keep hinting that I need to get a REAL job (as in a thankless 9 to 5 job)... if that ever happens, then I'm just going to have to retire from puppetry, because there is no way I'm going to lower myself to the level some people did
Every actor says they won't do that...until the heating bill arrives. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Or they just try to survive without heat.
Some do, yes. But if they have a family that becomes more difficult. I really see no shame in an artist having to earn a living. You're not helping your craft much if you're not taking care of yourself.