How I Spent My Summer Vacation (A Muppet Fic)

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Thank you guys! I wanted to link up some character's story with Fraggle Rock, and I thought this would be a cool way to do it. I think Muppet Labs and the North American Society of Tinkerers are kindred spirits.

Slackbot

Reaction score
*chuckle* I never thought of linking Doc to Bunsen, but it makes sense. This was a fun little read, and it made good use of characters who are all to often ignored in fanfic. Thanks!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Thanks! I like writing about all the different sorts of characters from the show, because it's fun to give everyone their time in the spotlight. Plus, I am entirely sure that I will be the first person ever to write a Nigel-focused story as well, which is added incentive.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------
HAH!

"Must be the language barrier" -- yeah, I'm sure that's why Beakie always looks like he's drunk 28 straight 5-hour-energy shots to avoid getting caught asleep and used as a test subject. Not that he avoids it, but hey, at least he sees it coming every time.

What a MARVELOUS idea, linking the two worlds like that! I could picture Sprocket perking ears, shaking head, and rolling eyes all throughout...as well as Doc's brightly oblivious storytelling and meandering asides. Well captured.

A sock machine! Glorious! A breakdancing sock machine...um...er...well the '80s ended for a good reason. Someone should tell the giant sock.

Next up, on "Dancing with the Laundry": failed D-list celebs contend with a frantically Charlestoning ironing board cover!

Love this series. More!
--------------

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Maybe if we sent the giant sock over to Kermit's house, it would soak up all the suds from the overwrought washer....

Just saying....

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I hear Hawaiian shirts are the worst. Dancing like they have two left sleeves. :embarrassed:
I had that nightmare many weeks ago. Ugh! Who would want a dancing hawaiian shirt looking like they have two sleeves. :embarrassed: Nobody, that's what I want! :sigh: Wembley however definetely is so cute on his bananna tree motif t-shirt. :coy: (laughs)!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
At the thrift store the other day, I saw a lady who was checking out with about seven Hawaiian shirts in various sizes, including one for a baby.
"Family reunion?" I asked, and she laughed and nodded. My family did the Hawaiian shirt thing a few years ago...a whole park full of rednecks in loud flowered shirts.... It was glorious!
(I will stop muffining your thread if you will post more story!)

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Why was I not told about this update!? :mad:

Speaking of socks.... I am not making this up: Now that school is out, I am going to have to wrestle with two pillowcases full of socks without matches. My dryer doesn't just separate socks, it transforms them so that they don't match anymore. How is it possible to have more than 76 WHITE SOCKS without ANY of them having matches!
They're probably in the same place my desktop keyboard, mouse, and power cord are.

Excellente CtO! Kudos for telling a second hand story and making us believe we're actually viewing a flashback!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Thank you guys! I am about 60% done with the Dr. Teeth story, so hopefully that will be up soon.