What do you know about dreams?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
Heavy, Snowth...any sense of impending and unavoidable catastrophe in your life lately?

Mine this morning/afternoon (I slept all day -- glorious) was unusual. I dreamt I was a Muppet version of Brian Williams. *waits for laughter to subside* Okay, being someone else in a dream isn't at all unusual for me; my sense of identity is rather fluid anyway. And I've dreamt of being a Muppet before. Haven't been BriWi before, but eh, like I said, ID is fluid... But the odd part wasn't so much that as what was happening. I was summoned to a sort of formal gala/roast/trial, in which an enormous theatre auditorium full of second-string Muppets and Muppet monsters was prepared to try me for not being monstery enough, or being too nice; something along those lines. I knew I had some friends in the crowd, but the loudest voices were angry and against me, and if I was found guilty, they'd kill me. I wasn't given any time to prepare a legal defense, just told where and when to be that evening; running didn't even cross my mind, and I wasn't sure I could do or say anything which would convince them I was Muppety enough, or maybe monstery enough, to live. I stood in the back row of the huge audience expecting to die. I can clearly remember seeing countless rows upon rows of jeering, sneering, angry monsters, and a few Whatnots and chickens and a couple of the orchestra members, all in tuxedos. Just a roiling crowd of unhappy Muppets, all there to insist I account for my actions. Far as I know, the only things I'd done in the dream prior to the trial/gala were to drop off a bunch of brown shopping bags of needed foods and things at the doorstep of a friend, ring the bell and run like ****; and showing a young boy how to dispatch zombies which were plaguing his room, breaking through his closet walls and scaring him. (I demonstrated a good shovel swing would kill one, and greatly relieved the kid's anxiety about it.)

So...on a weirdness scale for me, this was really only par for the course. Still interesting. I really wish I'd gone through the trial; I want to know what defense I would have come up with, as it had something to do with performing, and I sing only moderately well, can't dance or play any instrument. (I have no idea if BriWi does any of that; though I know physically I was him, and called by his name in the dream, I was still essentially me.) Unfortunately my cat woke me up by horking up a hairball just as I was being called down to the stage/trial podium.

Curious if anyone else has ever dreamt of themselves being a Muppet version of someone else! :concern:
----------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
--------------
Heavy, Snowth...any sense of impending and unavoidable catastrophe in your life lately?
Nope. And it's been a good month or so since I watched any kind of 9-11 documentary, which makes the dream all the more strange and random.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The string seems to be getting worse... I can't even remember when was the last time I went to sleep at night and DIDN'T have any dreams that were weird, strange, freaky, creepy, trippy, borderline nightmarish; this has pretty much been going on, non-stop, for months now, it's really taking a toll on me, and nothing seems to help anymore: not the whole "Imagine nice and good things, what do you like" thing (imagining bunnies hasn't help), not thinking of something you'd rather be doing right now (that doesn't work), and even my old sure-fire watching something Old School SST right before bed (like especially the "Bedtime Stories and Songs" video) hasn't worked. It's gotten to the point I actually dread going to sleep at night because I know I'll just be having another bad trip again.

What's happening to me? Why is this period lasting such a long, long time? When does it end? How do I make it stop?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I do what I can, buddy :fishy:

But seriously, are you stressed or worried about something? I get nightmares generally when I'm really really stressed.

Hubert

Reaction score
The string seems to be getting worse... I can't even remember when was the last time I went to sleep at night and DIDN'T have any dreams that were weird, strange, freaky, creepy, trippy, borderline nightmarish; this has pretty much been going on, non-stop, for months now, it's really taking a toll on me, and nothing seems to help anymore: not the whole "Imagine nice and good things, what do you like" thing (imagining bunnies hasn't help), not thinking of something you'd rather be doing right now (that doesn't work), and even my old sure-fire watching something Old School SST right before bed (like especially the "Bedtime Stories and Songs" video) hasn't worked. It's gotten to the point I actually dread going to sleep at night because I know I'll just be having another bad trip again.

What's happening to me? Why is this period lasting such a long, long time? When does it end? How do I make it stop?
Maybe that always happens to you, except now you're remembering them more frequently than you usually do. Like maybe instead of remembering you had them 25% of the time, you're now remembering them 75% of the time.

Don't ask me how to cure that...maybe practice forgetfulness in real life?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You know, I had a recurring nightmare, and the only way to make it stop was, while dreaming, to convince myself it was a dream. I know it sounds weird since making your dream self aware it is a dream is hard...but...I haven't had the dream since (knock on wood :stick_out_tongue:)

Hubert

Reaction score
You know, I had a recurring nightmare, and the only way to make it stop was, while dreaming, to convince myself it was a dream. I know it sounds weird since making your dream self aware it is a dream is hard...but...I haven't had the dream since (knock on wood :stick_out_tongue:)
That ain't weird...I do it all the time. Almost every time I have a bad dream, I'm able to say, "Wait, this might be a dream," and then I suddenly have the ability to wake up...