The Muppet Christmas Carol coming to Blu-ray November 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Awesome!! But also ugh, I JUST bought the Kermit's 50th version a month ago. :stick_out_tongue: I'll still buy this of course... Prep & Landing too!! Love those guys. :wink:

C'monnn TMM & GMC blurays, and seasons 4 & 5 dvd's! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
And here's the best part. They've already started on a re-re-rerelease of the original DVD title...

Here's the thrilling effort right now.

And in this release, you only get a half of the movie. And all for a paltry 25 bucks too! :flirt:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think that this is Desney testing the waters on how well the other Muppet movies would sell in a blu ray dvd combo pack. They are giving us some real good bonus features and really need to buy this up.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Jeez I'm gonna come across as hater of all things Disney (definitely not the case!) but I really don't like the cover art...at all...not one little bit. Why they can't just use the truly awesome Drew Struzan art is beyond me. Everything about his gorgeous art sold this movie to me when it came out (it also didn't help that I was and always will be a Muppet nut!!!!) and I never ever tire of seeing it. It's colourful, Christmassy, gives the Muppets some life (one this that is always missing with the posers!) and also gives that Dickensian Victorian-era feel. All in all, I LOVE that poster!!! I can only assume that if they use it, they probably have to pay Struzan a measly some of every unit sold and the greedy penny pinchers have just thought "awww bugger that, just stick anything on the cover, people will still buy it!". It's the all-too-common lazy design approach that really boils my blood. Just get someone to do it that cares!!! Disney have put all the effort in to finally get this movie to us on Blu ray, with NEW(!!) bonus features and someone has just lobbed whatever available stock art they could find, a blue grad behind and a couple of snowflakes...it doesn't really even look particularly Christmassy from a distance. Oh well, Disney - you have my money, just excuse me if I do my own cover design! Oh...and that bloody awful Muppets logo in the corner...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The cover is my least concern at this point they could put in bubble wrap taped with duck tape for all I care I'm just glad It;s getting released and soon ohh very soon I'm hoping for Muppet Show season 4!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Jeez I'm gonna come across as hater of all things Disney (definitely not the case!) but I really don't like the cover art...at all...not one little bit. Why they can't just use the truly awesome Drew Struzan art is beyond me. Everything about his gorgeous art sold this movie to me when it came out (it also didn't help that I was and always will be a Muppet nut!!!!) and I never ever tire of seeing it. It's colourful, Christmassy, gives the Muppets some life (one this that is always missing with the posers!) and also gives that Dickensian Victorian-era feel. All in all, I LOVE that poster!!! I can only assume that if they use it, they probably have to pay Struzan a measly some of every unit sold and the greedy penny pinchers have just thought "awww bugger that, just stick anything on the cover, people will still buy it!". It's the all-too-common lazy design approach that really boils my blood. Just get someone to do it that cares!!! Disney have put all the effort in to finally get this movie to us on Blu ray, with NEW(!!) bonus features and someone has just lobbed whatever available stock art they could find, a blue grad behind and a couple of snowflakes...it doesn't really even look particularly Christmassy from a distance. Oh well, Disney - you have my money, just excuse me if I do my own cover design! Oh...and that bloody awful Muppets logo in the corner...
I just got through actually reading Struzan's Art-of book (instead of just looking at the pictures) and it seems the tide of advertising has changed to crisp and vacant Photoshopped pictures. The perception is that his work lends a vintage feel that doesn't appeal to young people. I completely disagree with that and it's evidenced by the Instagram app that everybody seems to have on their camera phones. Even though I don't see Struzan as vintage, people like that sort of look anyway! The man is a genius!

Disney people, if you are listening:
How about creating limited edition exclusive packaging with the original art for the blu-ray release? Maybe have one of those external metal containers like you did with "The Muppets" release and print the wonderful work of Struzan instead? We love and miss these original art pieces! It's part of what makes the Muppets so special to us!

Status
Not open for further replies.