Remembering Jim Henson

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I won't use it!
Thank you for your genorosity! Chapter 13 is coming right up!

Me nearther!
Yes! I love your dependence! So, wait for it! Wait for it! Ah ha! I believe Chapter 13 is happening!
Whoopie!

*looks at nagging stick*

>Sigh< Guess I'll play an angel too. :halo:

You want to be an angel? Okay, but I will try to get back to the scene to the heavens where Jim Henson is and the angel tells him what is happening even though it is getting dark like the Earth is. That will be coming up on Chapter 14.

Chapter 13

*Flashback* - “the day the fearless leader died”

It was not a stormy and rainy day at Fraggle Rock. That morning, Gobo woke up from his bunk and quietly walk out of their cave, careful not to wake up Wembley, since he was asleep. He walked through the quiet tunnels until he stopped at Doc’s old workshop, which was now vacant and empty. In his very own eyes was a small pack of letters, which were in a bag. Some of them were not sealed in envelopes, but other letters were sealed already. Not only letters, but postcards too. Were they from Uncle Matt? No! He already came home to Fraggle Rock to stay there for a few days. They must be from the silly creatures. So, you looked at a letter that was not sealed in an envelope.

Dear Gobo & Friends,
I am a fan of Fraggle Rock and I have heard about your stories by books. I hate to disappoint you, but your friend Jim has died.

Your Fraggle Fan,
Elizabeth

Died? That’s what scared Gobo the most! Death! It happened at his home before. Wembley lost his friend, Mudwell, the mudbunny, even though now he accepts that death is the part of life. Even the ditzies almost died completely, because there was no music, which put into everyone into darkness and even fell asleep. So, the ditzies light their caves, because the music makes them live. Now, Gobo didn’t know what to do. He had a feeling this day would come. Would he show the letters to his friends right now? No! Then he snapped his fingers.

“That’s it!” said Gobo to himself. “I’ll go tell the World’s Oldest Fraggle about the news.”

Then, he carefully took the bag of letters, however it wasn’t too heavy. He quietly and quickly went through the tunnels to find the World Oldest Fraggle. Once, he found him and woke him up, he told him that he found the letters from “Outer Space” and to have a Fraggle meeting.

The World Oldest Fraggle knew that day would come and blew the Fraggle Horn.

The sound of his horn did wake his friends and all of the other Fraggles up and they quickly got dressed before they went straight to the Great Hall to found out what the news was.

Right after the meeting, he and his friends looked and read through the letters. Not only was it a sad day. They knew what to do now. After they had a talk with their friends, Cotterpin, Wrench, and Junior Gorg, Red and Mokey went to their cave to have a talk about him, Gobo and Wembley went to their cave room and Boober well…he might as well go to Red & Mokey’s cave for a while to have a talk with Mokey and Red until he decides to go back into his own cave room.

That night, Gobo and Red wanted to have a heart to heart talk. They have been friends so far for 7 to 8 years. But now, their home was so quiet and nobody was stirring; not even a Doozer or Red’s best friend, Cotterpin.

“Gobo,” Red sniffled. “Why did he have to die?”
“What happened to him just happened,” Gobo said while Red still didn’t understand how he died. “Death becomes tragic at the Rock, but for Henson, it was mournful for everyone. at “Outer Space.”

“I can’t help it, Gobo,” Red said feeling so sad she could barely say anything that made her so upset. “I know it’s unfraggley to cry, but he was our best friend. He didn’t even say goodbye.”

Poor Red! She was so unhappy that maybe she could lose her energetic ability and maybe her competiveness. Although there were some tunnels that were light and others that were dark, they decided to head to the Gorg’s garden quietly and sit on a rock. There they saw a moon, but it was not a full moon. Maybe, the universe has a half or a quarter moon. Although the night was so peaceful, Gobo was thinking about the moon.

“Wembley, Mokey, and Boober should have been out here.” Gobo said. “The Gorg’s are asleep, the Doozer are in their homes asleep, but I am not tired and neither are you, Red?”

“I guess not,” Red said sighing. “You know, Gobo?”

“What,” Gobo asked.

“How did we get the radishes from the Gorg’s garden?”

“Oh, Junior gave us some radishes right after we had a talk with him.” Gobo said quietly. “I knew that his “Pa” wouldn’t believe about Jim’s passing at first, but I’m glad they took care of him.”

“He once told us that he had the nightmares of Fraggles crawling around him from the full moon and you said that maybe he was being silly.”

“Well, what else would you except, a Doozer crawling around him?”

“Red,” Gobo said chuckling. “He never said about the Doozers in his nightmares.”

“Oh,” Red said forgetting that asking questions does get her antsy at times.

“One night, when Wembley and I were sharing our dreams, we dreamt about being on a Gorg moon. It is silly, but that’s what we dreamed about. Then, he realized there was going to be a day where he was going to make up his mind, but then again that must have been our fantasy.”

Then, Gobo plays his gourd while plucking the strings with his guitar pick. Red did miss hearing music for a while already.

(Gobo)
Moon, moon, shine tonight.
Hold us in your glowing light.
Soon, soon silver bright.
Fold us in your cloak of light.

And shine on us now.
Shine on us.
Shine on us now.
Shine on us.
Now.

Moon, moon magic light.
Come and touch our lives tonight.

(Gobo &Red in harmony)
Soon, soon deep and bright.
Sleep a sleep of peace tonight.

Come to us now.
Come to us.
Come to us now.
Come to us.

Shine on us now.
Shine on us.
Shine on us now.
Shine on us.
Now.

Shine on us now.
Shine on us.
Shine on us now.
Shine on us.

After the song, they knew that once they made peace with the Gorgs and finally understood one another, well without the Trash Heap’s magic, the Rock was no longer in danger for years to come. Now with their fearless leader gone, the sad news not only spread through the Rock, but also to the universe and the Gorgs.

Even the Doozers in the Rock heard about it. Cotterpin? Yes! She remembered the first Fraggle she ever met was Red when she wanted to be a Fraggle instead of being a Doozer. The point was she was a Doozer, but a creative one. She was never born to build, but to be a drawer instead. She sort of remembered that when the great radish famine occurred, all groups were affected with no radishes at all. Nothing! Zero! When the Doozers started blaming the Fraggles or were against them, she knew that sooner or later she would have to stand up or even maybe become friends with Fraggles. Cotterpin believed that Fraggles were “noble, intelligent, and dependable” on their special needs even when eating Doozer constructions made out of radishes. Besides, Fraggles love radishes, and so do the Gorgs. Without radishes, then what would they eat instead? What would the Doozers do without building? They tried knitting, but they didn’t want to use a ball of yarn or needles of thread, and besides Doozers never like to wear itchy sweaters.

It was about to be getting late and the two Fraggles were tired, so Red went to their cave room and Gobo went back to his cave room after saying their goodnights. Wembley was still awake.

“Wembley..did I wake you up?”

“No, Gobo,” Wembley said yawning. “I didn’t want to sleep alone.”

“I understand, Wembley,” Gobo said as he put his gourd and guitar pick away. “One time, when I left for the Beast of Bluerock, I left and….I forgot that you were scared and you couldn’t sleep alone, right?/”

“Right, Gobo,” Wembley said, as he climbed the ladder to get into his bunk.

“I didn’t even grab my pickaxe….so that’s why you went looking for me and I knew that…..I couldn’t get through the Beast without a pickaxe. You are indecisive, but you can make up your mind sometimes.”

“Yeah,” Wembley said. “Well, good night, Gobo!”

“Good night, Wembley.”

Then, he blew out the candle and then fell asleep with the only light of the flickering fire in their cave.

The next day, there was no new letters or postcards and the day was normal at Fraggle Rock. The day after that, same as always and no signs of anything by letter or postcard. And the day after that, still nothing much, but Gobo wondered why there wasn’t much news of what’s happening after their creative leader was gone.

However, before he went back to his cave room, he noticed that his Uncle Matt was about to leave.

He felt something wasn’t right. They have explored together ever since he was young. Although, Matt Fraggle was clumsy and bumps into things, his nephew always helped him whenever he needed it. Once he was done exploring and wanted to go to another world, it was Gobo’s turn to follow his uncle’s footsteps and find unexplored caves that Matt has never been to.

“Uncle Matt, where you going?” Gobo asked, worried.

“As I told you nephew Gobo, I am going back to “Outer Space.”

“Wait! Uncle Matt! Don’t go! Aw, your shoelaces are untied. Let me help you with those.”

“I can tie my own shoelaces, myself, dear nephew.”

After he tied his shoes, he unfortunately fell. His shoelaces weren’t tied right, and Gobo had to help him with those shoelaces. Uncle Matt was grateful with his nephew’s help, but still he wanted to go back to “Outer Space” so fast that maybe he forgot to say goodbye. He remembered the last time he tried to tie his shoes and tripped so badly that he laughed at him in a sarcastic kind of way. Gobo did apologized to his uncle for giving him a hard time plus having a heated argument.

“Uncle Matt, I don’t want you to go, because you staying here for a few days is not done yet.”

Matt let out a heavy sigh and said, “Okay, for you nephew, I will stay here for a while longer, until the time is right for me to go.”

Gobo now understood that Uncle Matt did return the day before he heard that their leader was gone. Their leader was now at another world. A world filled with peace, perfect harmony, and now forming new friendship and old friends that he lost from the other world. He still couldn’t understand the reason why he created their place and then left without saying goodbye. He sadly went back to his and Wembley’s cave room. Wembley wasn’t there! Gobo probably figured that Wembley was looking for him.

He grabbed his gourd and guitar pick out of the ledge, sat on his bunk, and strum a ballad that was not only kind of sad, but sort of meaningful of how it feels to miss someone or something you truly hold dearly to your soul.

There was a time when I was here
That you and I would be friends
That our future would change
And can never be broken
And we so close to understood each other
You cared about us
That your eyes have met the others and mine
So what we had was found

The magic was here
The magic was here
The beautiful vision
We wish it was known
The magic was here
The magic was here
It always made everything come to life

But I want to remember you now
The moment you wrote us stories
Like an open cave that was not closed
Our future awaiting us
And how our lives are now different
But the adventure calls us with welcomed hearts

Never leaving us alone
Always welcomed or sometimes forgiving
The choices you made for all of us
The magic was here.
The magic was here
The greatest dream we always wanted
The magic was here
The magic was here

But you wished us well
That we could take care of each other
Friendship came first before love
It was always the best
To be part of each other
You and I
There are times dreams are true
And others that are more like fantasy
And now the time had come
That you left us a gift for us to share

There are times dreams are true
And others that are more like fantasy
And now the time had come
That you left us a gift for us to share
The magic…was here

After the song, Gobo felt a little bit better, but still maybe his gift was that “you cannot leave the magic”, but that was also what the trash heap said whenever there will be a day he decides to go to “Outer Space” or if he wants to stay at Fraggle Rock for a while longer until it is his time to go.

Wembley finally found his buddy, Gobo and said, “There you are! I was looking everywhere for you.”

Gobo was silent for a moment and laid back down with his head on the pillow to look at the rock ceiling.

“Gobo…what wrong?” Wembley asked.

“I don’t know what he really was, Wembley, but he was like…a wish granting creature so we could tell him what our wishes were at the Rock. We wanted peace with the Gorgs, make a friend with a Doozer, and makes friends with a silly creature. Those wishes were true. I don’t understand why he left us. I feel so confused! We told him not to leave the magic, but maybe…he did. What’s wrong with me, Wembley? I’m not as brave as I used to be.”

“Gobo, don’s say that! I believe you’re still the bravest Fraggle of the Rock.”

“Thanks, Wembley!”

Gobo was calm now after having a talk with Wembley. They have been friends and roommates for a long time ever since his Uncle went to “Outer Space.” for the first time. Now, Wembley didn’t wemble as much and maybe someday will decide to be decisive himself. So, they would friends til’ the end. For the rest of the day, Gobo shook of those thoughts about the leader and started having fun with his friends again.

The next day, Gobo went to Outer Space of an old vacant workshop one last time and there was something, but it was only one letter. He had it show to everyone!

When the letter was finally opened it said that they were invited to Jim Henson’s memorial at St. John Memorial in New York on May 21st. The date according to the letter was dated on May 19th. That meant they have to go to Outer Space to find out some information from the silly creature of who their friend really was, and that was when they were going on a dangerous and long journey away from Fraggle Rock.

*Back to the present* – May 20th
Gobo will never forget that day they found out the sad news. He could not worry about their two different groups. Right now, he was worried about how Uncle Matt was doing back at Fraggle Rock. Now Gobo’s the one in Outer Space while Matt is at the Rock for sure.

(Gobo)
I've been lately thinking
About my life's time
All the things I've done
And how it's been
And I can't help believing
In my own mind
I know I'm gonna hate to see it end

Back at Fraggle Rock, Uncle Matt was in Gobo & Wembley’s cave room wondering if his nephew Gobo will ever come back to Fraggle Rock again from Outer Space.

(Uncle “Traveling” Matt)
I've seen a lot of sunshine
Slept out in the rain
Spent a night or two all on my own
I've known my lady's pleasures
Had myself some friends
And spent a night or two in my own home

And I have to say it now
It's been a good life all in all
It's really fine
To have a chance to hang around
And lie there by the fire
And watch the evening tire
While all my friends and my old lady
Sit and pass the pipe around

(Uncle Matt & Gobo)
And talk of poems and prayers and promises
And things that we believe in
How sweet it is to love someone
How right it is to care
How long it's been since yesterday
And what about tomorrow
And what about our dreams
And all the memories we share

(Uncle Matt)
The days they pass so quickly now
Nights are seldom long
And time around me whispers when it's cold
The changes somehow frighten me
Still I have to smile
It turns me on to think of growing old
For though my life's been good to me
There's still so much to do
So many things my mind has never known
I'd like to raise a family
I'd like to sail away
And dance across the mountains on the moon

(Gobo)
I have to say it now
It's been a good life all in all
It's really fine
To have the chance to hang around
And lie there by the fire
And watch the evening tire
While all my friends and old lady
Sit and watch the sun go down

(Uncle Matt & Gobo)
And talk of poems and prayers and promises
And things that we believe in
How sweet it is to love someone
How right it is to care
How long it's been since yesterday
What about tomorrow
What about our dreams
And all the memories we share

“Don’t worry, Uncle Matt,” Gobo sighed. “As soon as we pay a tribute to our friend Jim, we will come back to Fraggle Rock. I promised I will be back, but….when will the time come to be back at home? I won’t break your promise or my friends’ promises that we would be back at the Rock."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Song Credits:
· Shine On Us Now (Moon Come Soon) – from the FR episode, “Capture the Moon
- The Magic Was Here (rewritten from the song, "When Love Is Gone") - from The Muppet Christmas Carol
NOTE: The rewritten lyrics are from me (Colette C.), but I still give credit to Paul Williams
· Poems, Prayers, and Promises – by John Denver

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I loved how you showed the relationships between the characters and the use of the Love is Gone with new lyrics. I sometimes feel like I'm the only one that loves that song.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I loved how you showed the relationships between the characters and the use of the Love is Gone with new lyrics. I sometimes feel like I'm the only one that loves that song.
The two relationships I sort of went deep into were:
:smirk: & :coy: Fraggle - roomates & best friends "til' the end"
:smirk: & Uncle Matt - close & have their differences but sometimes it's hard to get along

I did write the new lyrics, which was an honor for me to make it less mechalony, but it is still about what it was like for them to meet this creative guy. I knew you have a feeling you're the only one who likes this song.

Hard to beileeve!
I could have said that myself, but I am so glad I wrote this part earlier that I think I am so getting those characters into character which is "nice" for a change.

So, everyone, Chapter 14 is coming up! So, hang on to your hats...I mean please be patience, okay?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Dominic? Sorry to bother you, but oh boy what a week. Mom has been ugh you know bossing me around. I have been resting! Ohhhhh! They are being so TYPICAL. Why won't they just leave me ALONE?
Maybe you should take a break.You're very good with uploading chapters in my opinion.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Maybe you should take a break.You're very good with uploading chapters in my opinion.
Your chapters will be much better once you find an idea you like, so wait until you find one and you'll start to have fun again probably. If you're not having fun....don't write more!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I already took some breaks. I am calm thanks to you and Collgoff for your advices.

Do you want us to help you Muppetfan?
No thank you! I know what I am doing. Just give me some time to figure out some good ideas. I can handle this myself.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I already took some breaks. I am calm thanks to you and Collgoff for your advices.

No thank you! I know what I am doing. Just give me some time to figure out some good ideas. I can handle this myself.
What are friends for?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
What are friends for?
Friends are for caring each other and friendship always comes first, before love.

Yeah and your welcome!
Okay, now there is no more waiting. The story was lonely unfinished at the top, but now it continues. And please comment! I don't mind the criticism!

Chapter 14 (Part 2)

Back above the clouds into the golden place full of peace, joy, and harmony, Jim did all he could. He already talked to Don Sahlin, showed the celebrities his voices even the Swedish Chef, but he didn’t know what else to do. Then, an angel was behind him. Everybody called her Figgie, but her real name was Allison, but scarcely that name was kept a secret.

“Tomorrow your fellow friends will pay a tribute to you, Mr. Henson,” she said to herself. “I know what he wanted down there and what he left all he could do. Peace, laughter, joy, and the harmony he believed on Earth. He is something! I didn’t know his time was coming, but his health was at risk.”

Jim was listening, but he paid no attention to the angel behind him. He walked past her to find a place somewhere to sleep.

“He was so quiet! What do I think his friends are called? Muppets? I have never ever heard that before at all. Maybe that kind man came with that weird name. The word “weird” is always familiar to everyone. We all dream for peace. Why did I come here? That’s right! I suffered from what? Pneumonia? No! I suffered from an awful disease worse than pneumonia. We no longer suffer from the pain anymore and neither does-Jim Henson? Why all of the sudden did I hear that name from the other angels? I wonder what it was like for him to work so hard down there.”

She knew the message loud and clear. He was a man with dreams full of fantasy or even animals. A frog named Kermit, and then his closer friend, Rowlf the Dog. Swedish chef? So that’s why she heard the celebrities laughing far away. Not just a kind man, very quiet.

“Maybe I will talk to him tomorrow. No! I should let him be. I live here in peace and so does Jim. I hope his friends are okay. They know he’s gone. If I heard he left some gift, then that shall keep him in peace without going back to Earth as a ghost or something else. Well, whoever’s time is next to come here for peace, they are welcomed young and old and all kinds of creatures.”

Then, someone called Figgie to find a nice place to sleep. Figgie, the angel sighed and retired for the night to be fully rested for tomorrow.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

At New York, life was not normal. It was filled with people with conflicts. War was around at different countries. If Henson were still around, he would have made everything better. It did not matter to anyone who does not know a thing about Muppets. There were selfish, filled with anguish, and whatever they were thinking about. The Muppet fans however were not happy with others that now say that once someone is gone they would cheer like a bunch of crazies. Even Figgie knew it was wrong. When she told her friends that her idol Jim Henson was gone, they would just ignore her, but not her BFFs, Trish, Amy, Dominic, Vincent, and Beth right now. They were her new friends for sure. Would Kermit feel bad if someone didn’t care about Jim or someone was upset that his or her friends didn’t care about Jim or someone famous who was gone? Absolutely! He loved kids! Even the frog had friends. If it were humans, he probably would be really shy. She was glad that she had real friends that cared about her. Not selfish friends or people that don’t care about friendship.

Figgie let out a sigh as she opened her backpack and out came a Kermit toy.

“Kermie,” Figgie said trying to act Piggy-like.

There was no way she had a crush on him. She loved the frog. Everyone loved the leader! Jim loved everyone no matter how he felt. Figgie was also not Piggy, but she loved glamorous clothes.

She couldn’t help it. Her idol was gone! Everything was changing and now people just don’t care? How could she feel so horrible from hearing Jim’s passing everywhere? She sadly put her Kermit doll on the desk. Finally, after not being upset for four days, she broke into tears.

“I feel like today is like history or is it me in the past.” Figgie thought. “No, I am not in the past and earlier I thought I heard a voice from the sky. The voice sounded like me and-Nah! I don’t think the voice was the same as mine. Oh well, I better some sleep, but before I go to bed. Maybe singing a song can put me to sleep.

I know the whole world is everywhere
It’s full of fruits and things.
It’s full of air.

But when I try to understand
I always wonder in despair
How wide, how far, how real it is

And if the whole world is like me
It must get lonely in the dark and I ask for tea
And is there anybody here who really knows just how to see
How wide, how far, how real it is?

The whole world is real, but no one will reveal
How wide, how real it is

“I am a boss, but I never get mean to creatures.” Figgie thought. “I believe those creatures are the boss of themselves. Well, we are the bosses at their “Outer Space.” Ugh! I never force at them. That would hurt their feelings.”

Figgie sighed and wanted to go to sleep until someone else came in. It was none other than Trish. She did not want to be alone.

“Why are you here?” Figgie asked nervously. She knew she never ever saw this girl. But they were both Muppet fans and they cared about the Muppets too no matter what size.

“I came here to sleep with you, because I do not want to sleep alone.” Trish said. “I know you don’t know me, but we can be start being friends if you want.”

Figgie didn’t know what to say. She has been quiet for a long time, but that was not going to happen for now.

“Okay,” Figgie said. “Moi will let vous be my friend.”

“You speak French?”

“Oui, Trish!”

“You’re weird!”

“I know! I speak French sometimes since I took those you know classes that were crowded and many of them spoke le francais or French.”

“That’s why you’re weird?”

“Sort of! I was so confused that I decided to watch the Muppet Show and listening to Piggy in her French kind of way made me like the language after all.”

“Well, I had a crush on Kermit when I was younger. But then, I had a crush on either Gobo or Boober after I watched the show. Oh good grief! You won’t believe that sometimes I think my parents definitely act like Pa and Ma Gorg.

“They were bossing you around?”

“They sure were the bosses, and those Gorgs did scare the daylights out of me. Ugh! I sometimes try to tell my parents to leave me alone. They wouldn’t and treated me like a child or a powerless Fraggle.”

“That’s terrible!”

“I know! When I finally grew up, they stopped, and just let me be. So, I was sort of the boss of myself. I drive myself to places, go anywhere I want, and I even make my own food and for my parents.”

“What happens when they don’t talk to you and are very busy?”

“I wrote my parents notes and stuff.”

“Really?”

“Yeah!”

“Wow!”

“I know, right?”

They had a great conversation until finally they slept together like they were friends just for one night.

“Well, how should I know? I know pestilence, but I don’t know what it is.”

Teaching Boober vocabulary was harder than they thought. Colleen and Dominic were acting like best friends again, since they have been spending their time together alone for too long. Amy forgot he was not good at those big words, but Beth knows. Not only was she smart, she always reads books and very good at resources.

“Well, um, it’s a disease that is harmful for you, even though you don’t want to get it.” Beth said nervously. She was feeling so nervous that there was now a loss of words.

“That’s what it is. Ugh! I always worry about pestilence.”

“Well, we also worry about pestilence,” Beth said, with the feeling of her somewhere shaking. She hoped she was telling the truth.

“Right,” Boober said dryly. He still couldn’t believe all silly creatures would be like, scared or even paranoid for their world.

“Hey Dom, it’s your turn,” Colleen said softly.

Now Dominic felt the pressure of his worries that were going to happen all around him.

“Okay, what is…uh…well…um…I can’t do it. I simply can’t do it.” Dominic said, with the guilt he felt inside.

“WHAT,” everyone in the room said together except Dominic.

“I am no good at words much, but I like my friends. Those people out there are a bunch of fools. They don’t know diseases, the word of “quiet” or even someone they lost. All they think death is just nothing and play games. Ugh! No offense, guys, but I can’t even stand thunderstorms or getting wet.” Dominic said, with his hurtful truth being told.

“Finally, something that makes sense,” Boober thought.

“You don’t swim?” Beth asked wearily, as she got the feeling that he was feeling miserable.

“No, Beth,” Dominic said, with the seriousness from his tone. “I tried to swim once as a young boy, but I almost drowned. Once I get back home, then I will find out what I can do. If you’ll excuse me, I am going to find Vincent. Good night!”

Once Dominic left the room, Colleen left as well to find Dominic. “He’s just being silly,” Colleen thought. “But I don’t blame him that he was scared of something.” While Colleen was thinking about Henson again as she was looking for her “Dom,” he knocked on the door to know if Vincent was available.

“Dom, I am very tired,” Vincent said sleepily. “What do you want?”

“Vin, come on, can I please sleep with you?” Dominic asked in a quiet tone.

“No, and I don’t feel like sleeping with anyone,” Vincent said, wearily.

“Now who’s the grouch,” Dominic thought. “A grouch and a grump are very different from each other.”

“Okay, then I will sleep with Colleen just for…”

Vincent immediately groaned and shut the door normally before Dominic could finish his sentence.

“Great,” Dominic thought. “He does want to be alone instead of being with a best friend.”

“Dom,” Colleen said quietly, since she knew that the hallway was quiet. “You can sleep with me if you want to.’

“Okay,” Dominic said sighing. “But only for this night. You are very nice!”

“Thanks,” Colleen said. “That means a lot to me. We do have a big day tomorrow.”

They were quiet for now, and then to Colleen’s reserved room before they fell asleep; knowing that this was their last night to have fun and get to know each other.

Red and Gobo meanwhile were already tired, and they were supposed to sleep. They make a quick decision to touch their heads to share their dreams.

“Dream a dream and see.” Gobo said, before yawning.

“What a dream can possibly be.” Red said.

As they were asleep, they were into from mist to now a land where the background had rocks. They walk to wonder where they were going. Then, they came to a place known as the Great Hall that included the Fraggle horn and a Fraggle pond. This brought back memories for the both of them. However, Red then found something familiar. She was young Fraggle and it was a few days before Gobo’s Uncle Matt went to explore Outer Space. Something else also caught her eyes. That young Fraggle looked sad. Red realized that she did meet Gobo first, then Wembley and Boober. She needed one more friend. A girl fraggle that could guide her, and then maybe comfort her, whenever she is in trouble from someone or even getting herself into danger.

The problem was she was really scared of the Gorgs earlier. Red knew how it felt to be scared of those tall hairy mountains. That one day, she did try to get a radish for her friends, but it didn’t work out very well. She was almost “thumped” by a brown mountain. Ugh! How awful she felt. Now she dreamed that she wished there would be changes, unless it was useless to have changes around the Rock.

(Red)
There was a day when everyone was kind
When their voices were soft
And their words inviting
There was a day when love was blind
And the world was a song
And the song was exciting
There was a day
Then it all went wrong

I dreamed a dream in days gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that everyone would be forgiving
Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no nothing to be paid
No song unsung
No radish untasted

But the gorgs come at night

(A Female Purple Lavender Fraggle) (You will find out what this fraggle is after the song)
(But the gorgs come at night)

With their voices loud as lightning (Red sang)
As they tear your hope apart

(Purple Lavender Fraggle)
(As they tear your hope apart)

(Red & the Purple Fraggle in Harmony)
And they turn your dream to shame

The lavender fraggle sings:
And still I dream they'll come to me
That we'll live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

(Red & the purple fraggle in harmony)
I had a dream my life would be
So different from this darkness I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed
The dream I dreamed

After the song, back out from the Great Hall, Red now felt the past can be mysterious, but it still lurks out from her or even her friends. That purple lavender fraggle was Mokey. She sure was a quiet one, but they started becoming friends before there were even roommates and got their own cave.

“Red, are you okay,” Gobo asked

“Yeah,” Red said. “Let’s wake up now.”

“Okay!”

Then, they woke up remembering what a dream they had. Although it was in the past, they will never forget the first time they started having friends. Then, they went to their own beds and went to sleep to be up fully rested for the next day. However, what they didn’t know was Wembley, Boober, and Lisa was already asleep in the same room.

Meanwhile, Piggy and Kermit were wandering around the streets of New York. No thanks to Piggy, because she did not make reservations earlier for the hotel, karate-chopped Frank Oz for the first time right after finding out that he will not let her be at Jim’s funeral and saying he was too busy than being around with his boss. Piggy felt so sad that she did that.

Those thoughts came from her head. She was at the second floor and Frank Oz was rooming with Mr. Jerry Juhl.

She knocked on the door and the door opened and it was Frank Oz, her friend and sometimes her boss, right her first boss and agent, Bernie.

“Hey Piggy, I wasn’t expecting you!”

“Were you expecting Moi?” Piggy asked nicely.

“Yes,” Frank said. “But I have the bad news for you, Miss Piggy, because you are not going to be at Jim's funeral for the closing number.

"WHAT?" Piggy shouted.

"I'm serious, but we had a great time for many years. I am going to be busy and I loved being a director." Frank said.

"I'll show you who’s busy. HI-YA!"

Frank was now feeling the pain thanks to Piggy's anguish and her madness.

When he finally took a deep breath, he said, "Piggy, I'm sorry, but those changes happen, but I promise you that we will see each other in two years if you like.”

“Well Frankie dear, you will expect moi for two years, won’t vous?”

“Yes, Piggy,” Frank said chucking a little.

Piggy knew that she did have to forgive him and she did. She forgot that Frank was still thinking about Jim, that was also Kermit’s best friend. Frank was close to Henson just like Piggy formed a bond to the leading frog.

Then, they noticed a light in front of an apartment. Kermit wondered who it could be. Then, he heard the barking from the dog inside the place.

“What is it boy?” the voice called out.

Kermit and Piggy could tell the voice sounded like a girl, but it was no childhood-like voice.

The next thing happened when the door was opened and they saw another Muppet, but she wasn’t any kind of animal. She had purple face, hands, and legs with brown hair, brown eyes, a green nose, and a beautiful nightgown on.

Then she was surprised. She saw a frog and a pig. She knew they must have a rough day. The dog they knew was Sprocket. He had gray and white with some fearsome breath, but he would never bite Kermit or Miss Piggy.

“I am so glad it is not a crook or a stranger. I had an awful day. Kermit and Miss Piggy, I am one of your biggest fans. Yes! I can’t believe it.”

“Rowf! Rowf!”

“I know Sprockety old boy. You’re glad to see them too huh? Please have a seat.”

Miss Piggy and Kermit sat on a comfortable couch that was big enough, to fit the two of them.

“Um…I-I forgot your name.” Kermit said finally after being quiet from walking around the streets of New York.

“It’s Colette!” the purple Muppet whatnot said. “I had gotten into bad tricks from those crooks and nannies, or vultures.”

“Whom are you talking to, Colette?” the male voice Muppet called out.

“I was talking to Kermit and Piggy, Charles.” Colette called out back.

“Well, I am going back upstairs to get some sleep. Goodnight, French lady!”

“French lady? Sheesh!” Kermit said wondering what the heck was going on. “W-Where did you come from?”

“Oh! I am from Indiana! I was in born in California, but my parents and I moved out when I was close to being a five-year old Muppet whatnot.

“Well, dearie, why do you look so sad?” Piggy asked sweetly.

“Because nobody cares about me over here that’s why. They’re crazy pathetic vultures and really terrible. I feel like I am not wanted.” Colette said out loud before crying into her tissue.

“You know Jim’s gone Kermit.” Colette started, after done crying. “If he were here, I would never ever be so awfully mistreated.”

“I’m sorry, Colette!” Piggy said. “Would you like any help from vous?”

“No thank you, Miss Piggy.” Colette said. “Here what’s happened earlier, you guys! First, while I was walking Sprocket, one of my purses was stolen. Then, a man almost kidnapped me. Then, whenever I talk to a stranger, the two words were, “Shut up!” I know it sounds terrible, but it happened.”

“Y-you know you can’t talk to strangers,” suggested Kermit.

“Well, Sprocket saved my life right after some crooks tried to steal my arm band or my shoes. Ugh! I’m glad I had a companion. Kermit, you were right! I can’t talk to you know those strangers. I don’t even know Charles much, but we’re best friends for now.”

“Colette, can Mon captain and Moi have the couch to us. Just Kermie and Moi!”

“Piggy!”

“Okay,” Colette said, sighing. She would never say no to Miss Piggy. “You both have this couch if you want. So, I see you tomorrow and we can have some more talk, okay?”

Once Colette, the purple Muppet whatnot was out of sight. Kermit now is going to have a serious talk with Miss Piggy. If he wants alone time, he should sleep alone as well no matter what. He understands that he still loves Piggy, but he needs alone time just for one night. That is all he wants. One night only to sleep alone! He can sleep with Piggy for another time.

“Piggy, you-you did it again.” Kermit said, with some anguish in his face.

“Oh Kermie, you must sleep with Moi.”

“I-I can’t do that tonight, Piggy.”

“Kermie –”

“Piggy, we had this talk earlier. I want alone time and that also means sleeping alone.”

“But Kermie…I’m sorry.”

“I-I know Piggy, but it’s just hard for me not to think about Jim. The last time I saw him was at a hospital. He was not just in...A coma, he was really sick. Then, he sniffled, and then continued on with his story.

“I-I couldn’t believe it! He wasn’t getting any better. Before I could see him some more, I...I waved at him for “goodbye” before the nurses told me to leave and go back to the waiting room. Scooter was there, but saying goodbye was hard thing to say to Jim. After I left, I knew Jim was gone, Piggy.”

“Was Frankie there?” Piggy asked.

“Yeah, Piggy!” Kermit said quietly. “If Jim lived, we would move on to more projects. I guess the projects he wanted are now not going to happen.”

Piggy knew Kermit was still feeling depressed from Jim’s passing. He is going to go through difficult times for years to come, but it will take him one flipperstep at a time, before he goes back at the top.

She did let out a sigh and was thinking that might as well give up just for once and let Kermit sleep alone. Kermit now feels glad that he does need to think about his home, Robin, and maybe the friends he met years ago. Both Piggy and Kermit finally were falling asleep right after a long exhausting day.

Sprocket also was already asleep in his comfortable bed after a long day being nice to a beautiful and kind Muppet to hang around with. Not only that he knows Muppets exist, so do Fraggles.

“Oh Charles, doesn’t it seem nice to let Kermit and Piggy stay at my apartment.” Colette said while rubbing Charles shoulders. He was a green Muppet whatnot with blue eyes, short black hair, a white t-shirt and blue jeans with brown sandals.

“It does seem nice!” Charles said quietly.

Unlike his Colette, he was a smooth talker sort of what Kermit used to have, but he was just the guy that chills out and hangs out with Colette. He calls her “sweetie bee” whatever that means.

“Charles, you are so cute.” Colette said cooing to him.

“Oh Colette! Why do you have to be nice to me?”

“’Cause I love you, unlike my dad.”

“What’s wrong with your dad?” Charles asked softly.

“My dad’s the only human in my family now. He is so tense, Charles. He doesn’t want me to hang out with boys.”

“My dad sort of like you.”

“Unlike mine, Charles. He can get on my nerves, drive me nuts, and just ugh, make me miserable.”

“My dad really liked you.”

“Your father’s not human.”

“I know baby, but just chill out, and sleep with me.”

“Okay, cool talker! We have a long day ahead of us. We got to be washed and ready for Jim’s funeral, but I don’t know that guy.”

“I know Jim, sweetie bee. He was a friend of Kermit.”

“Well, time for some sleep, before I wake Janice and Floyd up.”

“Why?”

“They are sleeping the same room as we are. I invited them to my apartment too you know.” Colette said whispering to Charles.

“Makes sense, Colette. Come on, let’s sleep.” Charles said.

As Colette and Charles got underneath the covers and went to sleep, another bed had Floyd and Janice. Janice woke up wondering what the heck all the commotion was about.

“Floyd?”

“Hmmmm”

“Like what is going on?”

“Jan, that’s just our Muppet fans, Charles and Colette.”

“Fer sure?”

“Yeah! Jan, go back to sleep.”

“Rully? Like okay!”

Although Janice knows the conservation was about Kermit and Jim, she loved Floyd and they were not the only ones thinking of Mr. Henson either.

At the swamp, Robin was thinking about Jim as well, because not only was he sometimes silly, he was also a good friend to all kinds of Muppets. He was not alone! Maggie also knows as “Mags,” noticed something didn’t seem right. Unlike adults, kids don’t understand how Jim was gone. It just happened! Death can be hard to anyone especially frogs. Maggie couldn’t believe it. Kermit’s nephew was on her brother’s “Lonely Log.”

“Why was Rob at that Lonely Log all day ever since we heard of Mr. Henson’s passing?" Maggie thought. “Last time, Mit said that he had to keep an eye on Jim, right after he and Robin went to Disney World. My brother knew Henson was coming down with something. Before, well, before Mit came down with a headache.”
Then, something happened, and then Robin was talking to a star. Was the star Jim? It could be! Then, Robin got upset after telling that star to leave him alone. He wanted just his Uncle Kermit.

She felt so sorry for that little frog. For Kermit, it was a different story, because whenever he sits there, she loses her sadness for her brother. She was mad at him, and telling them to get over the loss for anyone that passed away.

Robin, well, Mags likes her little brother, even though he has many brothers and sisters that are bigger than him.

“Rob, what is the matter?” Maggie said quietly.

He looked at his sister, Maggie. “My uncle Kermit’s friend, Jim is gone.”

“Then, why do you look so sad?” Maggie asked nicely.

“Mags, Uncle Kermit has not been here for days.”

“So?” Maggie said.

Robin stared at her, and then shook his head. “I miss my Uncle Kermit.” Robin said bitterly.

“I know, Rob! I miss Mit too! I know you are sad, but he taught us a song to remember just in case anyone was no longer with us.

It’s in every one of us
To be wise
Find your heart
Open up both your eyes
We can all know everything
Without ever knowing why

It’s in every one of us
By and by

“Rob, now you try.”

It’s in every one of us
To be wise
Find your heart
Open up both your eyes
We can all know everything
Without ever knowing why (Robin sang)

It’s in every one of us
By and by
By and by (Robin and Mags sang in harmony)

“Rob,” Mags said sniffling. “I told to go out somewhere, but I was wrong. Whenever you go out there, everything does remind you of Kermit and Jim, right?”

Robin nodded.

“Well, since we’re frogs, it is not easy being green. When the right day comes, you and your Uncle Kermit will go out there and continue, but right now, that death that hit my brother really hard….that was hard for Mit. It was hard for my brother to look after Jim. I hope what Mit is doing is the right thing to do until he has the right time to come back and see us again.

Robin was thinking for a moment if his Uncle Kermit came back, they would hang out together again with his brothers and sisters.

“By the way, Rob, it’s getting late, you need some beauty sleep.”

Robin nodded and finally got out of the Lonely Log by hugging his sister believing that everything might be okay. He understood his uncle was going through a long grievance for a while. Maybe Kermit found out that once Jim was sick, he knew there would be more bad news than good news. He heard that Kermit did get a headache one day and then, once Jim was gone, that was it. The frog was not in pain, but more like in grief to lose his friend that was also a leader.
Song Credits:
How Wide, How Far, How Long (slightly altered) – from the FR episode, The Gorg Who Would Be King
I Dreamed a Dream – from the musical, Les Miserables (I really love musicals!)
It’s In Every one Of Us

NOTES:
I forgot to dedicate this story three months ago. So, it will go to Dominicboo1, Collgoff, Bouncingbabyfig, and redBoobergurl.