The "What Seems to Be in Store for Season 43" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The actual press release confirms that Elmo's World is going to be replaced, only to be seen in rerun episodes and a special new segment of the Sesame Street Website. This successfully ends its 14 year run, and that's 14 years too many.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The actual press release confirms that Elmo's World is going to be replaced, only to be seen in rerun episodes and a special new segment of the Sesame Street Website. This successfully ends its 14 year run, and that's 14 years too many.
Anything should be better than Elmo's World.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anything should be better than Elmo's World.
I could speak volumes about EW. it was there only because Elmo became a breakout star at the time, his merchandise was pretty much funding episodes, and they wanted to dump something at the 45 minute mark because the new younger skewing demographic can't sit still for a full hour for some reason. It was a show that catered to the youngest of the demographic (the one that really doesn't get anything out of watching TV anyway), but it felt like it came from another show.

And the strange thing is, something that feels like it came out of another show IS the show now. We have cartoons based on characters that seem to be from another programming block (it IS in other countries). But everyone working on the show has since has tired of EW to the point where they aren't even produced anymore. Elmo the Musical seems to at least take Elmo out of his own little world and interact with something else. I still kinda wish Elmo's Backyard happened. He had characters to interact with non-stop.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah. It could also be a case of withholding something for the next season. Like that Cookie song we saw the taping footage of. We won't know if it was scrapped until we get word that it was or until the last episode of the season.

It still could and should have been internet exclusive if they couldn't fit it on the show. There's a good chance that they just didn't put it on the last season, and are waiting, otherwise it would have popped up online by now. It would suck for Tau if they didn't run it even as a viral video, and Kevin would stand to look bad if he couldn't use his pull to get the segment on the show. The dude pretty much does everything on the show now, I'm sure they'd let him speak for that segments behalf.
Tau mentioned on youtube that he actually plays himself rather than a puppet in a season 43 segment.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't think Drtooth will be too happy about this, but it seems that there will be repeats of street stories again this year...only they'll be happening during the initial 26 episodes...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think Drtooth will be too happy about this, but it seems that there will be repeats of street stories again this year...only they'll be happening during the initial 26 episodes...
Eh, doesn't matter to me at all. I usually just follow the schedule on Muppet Wikia anyway.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't think SST is "just now" started to interest older audiences... we've kind of always been around.

Status
Not open for further replies.