MSTies unite!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------
"The Day the Earth Froze" -- oh cripes, I remember dat day, oh doncha know...

Hey Princeton. Love the new avatar!

Anyone here going to see Birdemic live? I can't afford tix this time...will have to catch up with the November show/next riff. Someone please review if they go!
--------------

Lola p

Reaction score
I AM!

Just got my tickets today! Yay!

Sorry you can't make it Newsman, I'll make sure to type a review up afterwords!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
For the survivors of Manos, I dare you to survive this movie (though most of you have probably already seen it). Thanks goodness there's a rifftrax version out there to help us through it.

My gosh, is this hilariously bad. Dare I say, this has more technical difficulties in the final cut than Manos (though I'd still rather watch this than Manos). In this one scene, you have audio that doesn't sync up and a really long shot of nothing but a firetruck slowly coming at you. And I how much of the road guy in the bunny suit could actually see.

I love how he has to stop at one point so that the dog can get a drink. Poor guy must have had the roughest time driving that thing. And you can clearly see somebody pushing the thing a few times. There are a couple of shots where a pair of legs are running behind the firetruck (although some have argued that one of the kids was falling off), and at another point, you can clearly see one guy hide behind a shed to get out of the way.

And could have sworn I saw the two boys who played Tom and Huck in a few of the crowd shots. I guess they were allowed to play dual roles.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
Well, in "The Muppets" we did have Tux Chef and Normal Chef in the telethon, at the same time!

Picked up my spy-movie MSTs last night, along with the final ep (which I've never seen). When my brain explodes this weekend from too much fic straining I plan on relaxing to the sweet sweet vibes of "Secret Agent (bwah waaaahhh!) Super Dragon" (Tom sittin' in on the mic, give it up for Joel and the Bots, folks...)

Have fun at Birdemic, Lola! Write down as many of the lines as you can! :smile:
--------------

Lola p

Reaction score
Ah.... Birdemic, how do I describe Thee?

Oh, I know:

HORRIBLE!

The graphics are HORRIBLE, the acting is HORR-

Oh, The Birdemic Rifftrax Live event?

AWESOME!

I was able to get there just as the guys were coming on stage, so I didn't get to see the Pre Movie stuff, Sorry guys!

After they all came on stage, they introduced the short they were doing: "Norman Checks In: YES. THAT Norman, From The Manos live special....

So after the short, which had some riffs, we get to Birdemic. The movie is HORRIBLY slow, and thank GOD we have the Rifftrax crew...

A lot of the riffs from the Original Birdemic were in the Live special, So It was a bit of a repeat, but, none the less, it was still epic awesomeness for the whole time.

So, overall what do I give Birdemic?

9.5/10

I would give it a 10/10, but... Half of the riffs were from the original release of Birdemic, so.... Eh... Still pretty good!

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Tonight was my third time watching Birdemic. First time with Rifftrax. Safe to say that the Riffers' commentary saved me from spontaneous combustion myself.

"...sorr paners." XD

Lola p

Reaction score
Hangin out with the family! Havin ourselves a party!

Princeton

Reaction score
Wasn't that movie about some guy who isn't Sinbad Sinbad part of the Russo-Finnish Troika? I could have sworn Jack Frost wasn't part of it, as they didn't do it until the Sci-Fi era.
I was mistaken; you're right. I haven't seen Magic Voyage of Sinbad either.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Its just as goofy as the other Russo-Finnish films. Theres one really silly scene with a fish puppet. Wheres Jim Henson when you need him?