Fan Fic - And what is on the other side...?

Beth C

Reaction score
Wow.. this is an incredible story!! You have me hanging on the edge of my seat here.

I look forward to more!!! I'm dying to see what happens next!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Die no more

Kermit stood on the porch of the boarding house, as the sun rose clearly overhead and the darkness scattered to other parts of the globe. “How could I have been so stupid!” he shouted. “How could I have been so stupid!”

A large brown paw rested on his green shoulder, and Kermit turned to see Beau stood behind him. Kermit’s manner became instantly stiff. “Beauregard,” he said, and his voice held reproach.

“I just want to say I’m really sorry, Kermit,” said Beau. “Honestly. I’m really, really sorry.”

Kermit swallowed, and pushed passed Beauregard, back into the house, without another word.

Beauregard slumped to his knees, and then lowered himself down into a sitting position on the porch. “No,” he said. “No. No. No. This hasn’t happened. Never, ever, ever…” He didn’t have to finish… because he already knew. No one would ever let him back in Raenbu now.

*****​

Robin climbed through the round hole, and found himself in a glistering cavern of rainbows and crystals. “What is this place?” he asked in an awed whisper.

Skeeter grinned. “We call it the Cave of Illusions.”

“Why?” asked Robin.

“It’s full of rainbows,” Scooter explained. “It wasn’t the name I choose.”

“That’s because yours was silly.”

“Was not.”

“Was too.”

“Was not.”

Beauhoth pulled himself through the hole, and gazed around in wonder and amazement. Every black rock-wall was covered in sparkling rainbow lights, as the small rays of sunlight from above reflected and refracted through the crystals. “It’s like Heaven,” he said. “Saved from THE END into Heaven.”

“It’s not Heaven,” said Skeeter. “Trust me. Scooter’s here.”

“Do you have radios?” Robin asked.

“Huh?” Skeeter flicked a piece of red hair out of her eyes, and looked down at him. “Sure. We always carry them in case something goes wrong.”

“Can I borrow one? I have to call home and tell them not to worry about me, and then we have to find a way back to Raenbu.”

*****​

Rizzo lay in bed, his tale curled around his ears to keep them warm. He was dreaming. A bee was buzzing around and around his head, and then Gonzo started chewing on it to the tune of Flight of the Tire…

Rizzo sat up.

The radio next to his bed was buzzing with static. “Oh boy,” he said. “Late night again.”

He bashed the radio, and it stopped buzzing. Instead it was filled with the cute voice of Robin frog. “Hey guys,” said Robin, “I’m fine, but I have to get back to Raenbu to help Beau. I’m in Australia with Scooter, and we are going back through a rainbow cave. Got that? Bye.”

Rizzo swept the radio of the bedside table, and it smashed on the floor. “I must be still dreaming,” he said. “ Robin in Australia? Rainbow caves? Gosh, that cheese was stronger than I thought.”

*****​

“No, Beaker. That’s not right. Oh, you are hopeless.” Bunsen rounded the desk and walked to behind Beaker. “Attach that over there, and that here, not that here, and that over there.”

“Mee, mee, me.” Beaker reattached the wires, and sighed. “Mou meauremou meeper.”

*****​

Sam the Eagle got out of bed, and went downstairs to start the daily exercise routine. Piggy stood in front of the mirror and spent half an hour putting her face on. Sweetums had a bath, and then went down the park for a swim in the pond. Link had a bad dream about the Swine Trek, and the Swedish Chef blew up the cooker, again.

Pepe sat in his bed, writing. “Dear Mother, ok. I just thought I’d let you know that I am off on an amazing rescue, ok. I anything happens to me, panic, ok. Bye for now, Pepe, ok.”

Pepe jumped out of bed, got dressed, grabbed a packsack and ran downstairs to see what breakfast he could find before he left.

*****​

“Come on,” said Robin, “What are you waiting for?”

“I’m not going,” said Scooter.

“Why not?” Skeeter asked.

Scooter crossed his arms. “Because,” he said, “It’s dangerous.”

“So?”

“So, I’m not going.”

“Fine. But I am.” Skeeter glared at him, as if daring him to disagree.

“That’s fine with me.” Scooter turned and marched away to the cavern entrance. “I’ll go back to the hotel.”

“Bye,” said Robin, waving. “And thanks.”

“Don’t thank him,” said Skeeter, after Scooter had left. “I was the one with the idea of doing some digging through the rainbows on the walls here.”

Beauhoth turned and put a finger to his lips. “Shh,” he said. “I am trying to concentrate.”

“Sorry.”

“Sorry.”

Beauhoth turned back to one of the long rainbows, and ran his hands up and down the wall it was projected against. “I have done a lot of rainbow jumping in my time,” he said. “So, I know the ins and outs. Here is where you go in, there is where you go out.” He pointed. Ah. Here is what we are looking for. If we go through right here, we should appear in front of Mrs Nancy’s house.”

“Great,” said Skeeter, and she grabbed the digging drill. “Let’s go shall we?”

*****​

Scooter chucked his caving equipment down on the grassy hill, and lay back under the sun. Stupid Skeeter. Always wanting to do something stupid. Why was she so stubborn? She always had been, he guessed.

He turned onto his front and idly flipped through a newspaper. They’d be up themselves soon. They wouldn’t go through with it. He was sure of that. At the back was an announcement that caught his attention. “For the fist time in twenty years,” it said, “The cave of rainbows will be completely filled by the tide.”

“Oh no,” said Scooter, sitting up. “I’ve got to warn them. Where’s my radio?”

He looked about him hurriedly, and then saw it, being chewed by a sheep. “Give that back!” shouted Scooter, but the sheep turned and ran away as fast as its short little legs would carry it, taking the radio along for the ride.

*****​

Beauregard walked along the cliff top. What good was he now? No good at all. It was hopeless living here, because he would never prove himself worthy to go back, and it was hopeless going back because he hadn’t proven himself worthy by living here.

A light rain pattered down on him, and the cliff top was shrouded by a mist. He could hear the waves crashing down below, and for a second wished he could join them. He imagined sinking down below the miry depths, down to where he could just return to blackness, or Heaven, or the other place, anywhere but here.

“I wish I’d never been born!” he shouted, but the wind grabbed his words, and whipped them away.

“I wish I’d never been born!” Beauregard shouted again, and he jumped up and down on the cliff edge. “I wish I’d…” But he didn’t get to finish, because the cliff started to crumble beneath him.

*****​

Rizzo stretched and jumped out of bed, landing on the floor with a ‘whump.’ He was rather surprised to see the radio smashed there, and then it all came back to him. Earlier that morning, while he was still half asleep. Robin’s voice over the radio.

The door opened and Gonzo stuck his head in. “Hey, you awake?”

“Yeah,” said Rizzo, getting up and dusting himself down.

“Yo, Riz, did you hear about Robin?”

“What about him?”

“He’s gone missing.”

Rizzo looked from the radio, to Gonzo, to the radio again. “I know where he is,” he said.

*****​

Doc was so surprised that he almost fell over. What on earth was a pig, a frog, an eagle, a whatever, a brown thing, and a dog doing on his doorstep? “What can I do for you?” he asked, chuckling at himself for taking to animals, even if they were dressed animals.

The dog stepped forward. “We have to speak to Sprocket,” said Rowlf.

“Sprocket?”

“Your dog. He knows where there’s a Fraggle hole. It’s the quickest way to Australia and the rainbow cave.”

“What are you talking about?”

*****​

“Come on Skeeter,” said Beauhoth.

“I’m trying, I’m trying.” She angled the drill, and started drilling again.

“Why can’t we just jump through like I did?” Robin asked.

Beauhoth glanced down at him. “Because,” he said, “This rainbow is on a solid wall.”

“Oh. I see.” He didn’t.

“I hate to mention this,” said Beauhoth. “But is the cave meant to be filling up with water?”

TO BE CONTINUED

SarahFraggle

Reaction score
OMG!!! Fraggle Rock? I saw that coming with the rainbow cave. I wish my fanfic was half as good as yours, Beau! :excited: :smile: :big_grin: :crazy:

Whatever

Reaction score
Aaaeeeiii! More suspense! and more! and more! We want more of the story! :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Here is some more, but only a teeny installment today, because I have been at colage, and have to go out again soon.

(*)(*)(*)(*)

“Hurry up, Skeeter! Hurry!”

“I’m trying, I’m trying.” Skeeter, pressed down on the drill button, and the blade spun. Around and around it went, sending sparkles of shattered rainbow about them onto the foot high, and steadily rising water that seeped into the cavern and swamped the floor.

Robin frowned at the ceiling, where he could see the little shaft of light that was causing the rainbows to be reflected against the rocks. “Why did you say we have to drill?” he asked Beauhoth.

“Because, “Beauhoth replied, “The rainbow is being directed against a stone wall. Therefore instead of being just light, it is solid. And, on top of that, it would seem that the only way out now, is through a rainbow.”

“Oh.” Robin glanced up at the hole again. “I think I have an idea,” he said.

“Good,” said Skeeter. She looked across to him, and gave him a brave smile. “Because,” she went on, “The drill has just given up the ghost.” It was true. It’s engine made one more brave attempt to continue, and then phutted to a halt.

“Oh, dear,” said Beauhoth.

“Come along now Kermit,” said Sam the Eagle. “Nice as it was for those friendly Fraggles to give us each directions, and a map, I am still afraid that the ones at the back will get lost, particularly this Beauregard.”

“Er, yeah, Sam. I see what you mean.” Kermit stopped, and glanced back up the glistening Fraggle tunnel. “Come on guys,” he called.

A purple gloved hand appeared and Piggy heaved herself up to the next cave level. “I…can’t…take…this…kind of…exercise,” Miss Piggy panted.

“What was that, Piggy?”

“Nothing, nothing…Kermie,” she said between breaths. “I’m going to kill my trainer… He says… I’m in such ….great shape.”

“Come along now,” Sam called back passed Kermit. “Beauregard, Rowlf, we must hurry.”

Ahead of Sam, Gonzo twisted his map upside down and gave the long squiggly line a strange look. “Is it just me, or does this look like an adventure playground slide.”

Kermit spared it half a glance. “I guess,” he said.

“In that case,” said Gonzo. “I think I’ve found a short cut.”

“Oh good,” panted Piggy. “Then I don’t need a rest. Where’s the short cut?” She took a step forward, and her blue high-heeled shoes touched against an indention in the cavern floor.

“Right below you,” said Gonzo, and then the rock floor broke open and Piggy disappeared for view.

“KEERRRRMIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!”

“Good idea,” said Beauregard. “Let’s take the slide-walk.” He jumped forward and leapt down the hole after Piggy.

“All right everyone,” Kermit said. “Let’s go.”

The wind blew around Beau’s face, and buffeted his hands as he clutched onto the tree root with all his strength.

He couldn’t believe that he had been about to give up his life. How could thoughts of jumping have ever come into his head?

He adjusted his grip on the root. He had just managed to snag it with his paw as the cliff face had fallen from below him minutes before.

“Life,” he said. “Life.”

HE hardly needed to say any more. What he meant was that life was indeed precious. As he had fallen, he had realised something amazing. Anyone person is in charge of his or her life, and happiness, and the only person who can effect change in that life, is its owner.

Not Mrs Nancy. Not his father. Not his mother. Not Kermit, or Robin, or Piggy. Just Beauregard, could decide what the future would hold, and if he would be happy with it.

It didn’t matter any more that he wasn’t living in Raenbu. He was living and that was all that mattered.

And then the root snapped…

TO BE CONTINUED

Beauregard

Reaction score
WHOAH! Ok, quick corection, because I've made a little-biddy acidenty. Beauregard apears to be in Fraggle Rock, and handing off teh edge of a cliff. That is a mistake. I don't know why I wrote him being in Fraggle Rock, because I knew all along that he was up on the cliffs.

So...Beau is on a cliff, not in fraggle rock. Ignore all previous references to him being there. Darrrr!

(*)(*)(*)(*)

“KERMIEEE! KERMIEEE Kermie, stop this thiiiiing!” Piggy started sliding downwards, faster and faster and faster, the slide-like passage twisted, turned, and basically dropped straight down to a sickeningly deep depth below her. “Kerm-IE!”

Just above her, if she turned her head was Rowlf came tumbling headfirst. “Whoaaah!” he shouted, and the sound echoes around them.

“Wha-hooo!” Gonzo cried, touching the edges, and feeling the perfectly smooth passage walls slide past his finger. “This is great, huh, Kermit?”

Kermit didn’t reply. He was much to busy trying not to be sick.

Waaaaaay above them, Sam looked down the hole in distain. “I don’t believe this,” he said. “I’m not going down there.”

“Hey? Who are you?” asked a little voice.

Sam looked around to see a tiny green Dozer stood behind him. “I am Sam the Eagle, American Patriot, and everybody’s friend,” said Sam stepping back and saluting.

Wait! Stepping back?!?!?!?!

“Yi-kes!” shouted Sam as he stepped back across the hole. He tried to grab the edges, but he couldn’t, and then he found himself sliding down a slippery passage after his crazy friends. “I don’t believe this,” he said again.

The dozer poked his head over the edge of the hole. “Obidy, doobies,” he said. “He must have no idea what’s done there.”

Robin scaled the wall with ease. Once a scout always a scout, and scouts know how to scale walls with ease, so Robin did. “I’m nearly there,” he called down.

“Hurry,” said Beauhoth. “It’s waist deep now, and rising.”

Skeeter hit at one of the crystals with the broken drill, again and again. Finally it broke loose and fell with a splash into the water. “Hang on,” she said, and dived down after it. The water tasted salty, and the Cave of Illusions was filling up fast. Where is it?

Then she saw it. The crystal was being washed towards the cave entrance. If it fell out there, they wouldn’t get it back, and if they didn’t have it they couldn’t make a rainbow in the middle of the room, and if they didn’t make a rainbow….

Skeeter didn’t finish. Instead she held her breath a little longer and went after the crystal.

__

Here is your short part for tonight.

Whatever

Reaction score
rowf2755 said:
just to tell: NO MORE TO BE CONTINUED! Please.... :halo:
Huh? I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, I'll see if I can do some later. Prehaps a bit longer piece, and maybe move the story forwrd a bit more...