Worst Muppet Film

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Oh, I will remain hopeful, and I will be open minded... and I guess that's all I can do.

christyb

Reaction score
Don't worry. I think we all are apprehensive about it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Let's just hope the NEXT movie will be much better.

Then again, even in a bad Movie the Muppets are always in top form.... the writing stinks the cameos stink, but the Muppets are always good.

Handy Andy

Reaction score
Does "Elmo in Grouchland" count? Because if it does, then it sucks the most.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmm. I haven't seen Kermit's Swamp Years so I can't comment on that. I don't know why so many people dislike VMC though. I thought that was one of the best. Oh, well. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

I'd have to say my least favorite Muppet Movie was the Christmas Carol. I just never thought it was quite as great at the others. Then again, I haven't seen it in years, so I'd be willing to give it another chance.

christyb

Reaction score
Then give it another chance!!! (Can you tell it's my favorite LoL). However as cute as Swamp Years was...It's not quite up with par as far as Muppet Movies go. Nothing here recently has been.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
christyb said:
Then give it another chance!!! (Can you tell it's my favorite LoL). However as cute as Swamp Years was...It's not quite up with par as far as Muppet Movies go. Nothing here recently has been.
Swamp Years is a kids movie though, it's aimed at kids-- kids! KIDS!! Maaallfuuuunctioning!! :zany:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I'd have to say my least favorite Muppet Movie was the Christmas Carol. I just never thought it was quite as great at the others. Then again, I haven't seen it in years, so I'd be willing to give it another chance.
I have to agree, and that's what I've been saying for some time. It's a nice film... A classic... but it's more like the Muppets are guest stars in their own movie. Had Richard Hunt been alive, I feel Scooter could have at least played the Nephew of Scrooge. If it were a true Muppet Movie, the Muppets would be the stars, and the human celebrities would be just the secondary characters. Plus, Gonzo and Rizzo seem book ended into the film as Narrators to make it a touch more Muppety. Plus, Fozzie was bear-ly in it... Bearly! Ha Ha HA...
:embarrassed:

Though MCC has a stronger script than VMC, I think I like seeing the Muppets as themselves more than as secondary and tirtiary characters.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
...but it's more like the Muppets are guest stars in their own movie.
You've put into words what I've thought since I saw it.