Fraggle DVD coming this summer in the US

Let HIT know how much would you would pay for a 24-episode Fraggle season box set.

• I'd pay up to $39 per box set

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • I'd pay up to $59 per box set

Votes: 35 35.4%
  • I'd pay $79 or higher for a box set

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • I wouldn't buy a box set at any price

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyL

Reaction score
Oliver said:
Why should we be "thankfull" when we are essentially funding these ventures?

Products are made available because consumer buy them.

If anyone should be "thankfull", it should be the companies who profit off of our spending.
I would be thankful if they actually released the product I want instead of trying for the lowest common denominator like usual.

I doubt that they're aiming at us fans at all. They're probably REALLY targeting the parents who just want something,anything, that they can toss in a dvd player so that they don't have to pay attention to the kids for half an hour. If true, then it's easy to see why they wouldn't be interested in boxed sets.
Other countries got boxed sets. Gotta love it here in America where it's preferred to sell lots of mediocre products rather than a few good products.

Consider this : Does buying this out-of-order two-episode disk show HIT that a boxed set would be profitable? Or does it show HIT that more out-of-order two-episode disks would be profitable?

(Making both at the same time would be even less profitable so they're going to have to choose.)

While were on a similar subject, Perhaps the real reason they skipped #2 is that they're concerned that it contains a moral that many ultra-conservative parents might find too subversive and anti-authority for children? Sounds crazy I know, but recently a lot of people have been acting even crazier these days.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Oliver said:
You're logic is skewed.
I think your logic is skewed! You seem to be the only one who thinks this way. That had to be the longest message ive ever read and it only made me mad...at you! If HIT is reading your message the only thing i see hapening from it is HIT getting mad and not releasing FR on DVD at all.

If you hate the idea so bad, just don't buy the disc! Save us the speach and say to yourself "well instead of making everyone ****** im just going to not buy the DVD and keep it to myself!"

Tyler

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
They obviously are aiming this at fans...

When my Nephews and Neices come over and they want to watch Fraggle Rock I certainly dont show them episode One or Two.

I show them the exciting, magical, heartfelt stories. If HIT! were aiming this at the little kids then there would be two of the best eps on the DVD... Not the first two.

:smirk: <-- Still Concerned

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
wembleyfraggle said:
If you hate the idea so bad, just don't buy the disc! Save us the speach and say to yourself "well instead of making everyone ****** im just going to not buy the DVD and keep it to myself!"

Amen! :smile:

Oliver

Reaction score
wembleyfraggle said:
If HIT is reading your message the only thing i see hapening from it is HIT getting mad and not releasing FR on DVD at all.
Yes, I'm sure that would be the likely scenario.

You must be 10 years old.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
I agree with Tyler, Rather than trying to convince others of your opinion. Just take it on your own and do your own thing.

Because the opinion you are putting out will not help with Fraggle DVD's. Which means its the opinion that we dont want to hear.

David Slater

Reaction score
i want season sets on dvd...

this 2 show dvd release is not worth my time or money.
i want season sets on dvd... :smirk:

Brian Damage

Reaction score
Well, here goes my first post here:

A little figuring left me with a probable price in Aussie dollars for a 24 episode set, based upon the assumption that the sets are worth roughly US$80... turned out to be about AU$120... I reckon I could stand paying that...

The reason is, I just found an old copy of the video "Fraggles Make Good Friends!" (Aussie version of "Meet The Fraggles") a couple of weeks ago, and all the memories of this show came flooding back at once (Well, of what I'd seen, Ie: The end of the show and the animated version). Been searching around on the web for it ever since....

Imagine my surprise when I found out about a possible DVD release. I'd be over the moon if they released the whole thing.

I suppose what I mean, after all that rambling, is that I'd be chuffed to pay $120 for it. After all, an episode of FR goes for around 25 minutes or so, and there would be 24 of them, making 24 x 25 = 600 minutes of fragglyness per set.

Now, over here, I'd say DVD's, good DVD's, are about 30 - 40 bucks each, and most movies seem to average around 120 minutes (Two hours) duration... So 600/120 = 5 (600 minutes is like five movies), and five times, say, $35, is $175... So I'd say that $120 for ten hours of Fraggle Rock is cool. Not to mention any extra thingummies they might have.

To recap: Here, in Oz, 10h of movies is worth about $175. The boxed set, with 10h of FR, will be, assuming the price translates directly (Which it will, apart from shipping, if I order it from America) around $120. Which is alright with me...

Someone tell me if I got the sums wrong, I'm off to watch TV for a while, in order to let my mind settle back into its original shape after all that math...

(Nice to meet you all, BTW. Name's Brian. Brian Damage.)

Oliver

Reaction score
AndyL said:
Consider this : Does buying this out-of-order two-episode disk show HIT that a boxed set would be profitable? Or does it show HIT that more out-of-order two-episode disks would be profitable?
Nice to see someone else excercising intelligence here.

Muppet Crypts

Reaction score
Hit should put it is a soft pack and sell it for 4.99-7.99 the 2 episode disc that is

Status
Not open for further replies.