New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hello!I am Orion.I am 13 years old and I am interested in puppetry.Nice to be on here. :smile:
Yeah, as I got older I started watching Sesame Street and started noticing and watching for the skills of the puppeteers on the show. That factor became just as entertain as the show itself. It not easy but they are so good and they make it look that way. it's just amzaing to watch and think about and wander ad try t figure out how they do a lot of these things! It just made me an even bigger fan of the show and have a grater appreciation for what they do. But anyway, welcome and welcome to everybody who had recently joined us here! :smile:

Rax

Reaction score
Hi there everyone!

I'm Dutch Puppet, a mother of three young girls and as the name already explains I'm from Holland, and just starting with puppet making. I really enjoy making these interactive puppets. My three daughters are also very enthusiastic and they now only want to talk with the puppet instead of me! The schoolteachers are also mad about the puppets, so they are coming to make one for themselves in a workshop within a few months.

Hope you like the first one! It looks a bit like a black jazz artist, but my girls named him grandpa Jan. Because he's grey haired.

Within a short time there will be more! Can't wait to start with the next one. If there is anyone who can give tips or patterns... I'm thankfull...

BTW are there more people from Holland on this forum?:excited:
Yes, I am. I'm from Zwolle. Just started making my own puppets for a comedy I wrote. I found out just looking at my puppets makes people laugh already. (In a good way, that is. They're not laughing at me. :smile:)

Gr, Rax

KellieM

Reaction score
I finally officially joined although I have been reading the site for years. I have always been a fan of the Muppets and tend to want all Muppet related stuff but money limits my collecting habits. Happily I have the full Palisades line except for the Wedding set and then a bunch of other fun collectibles. My hubby just bought me the photo replica Gonzo for my birthday and I think he may be my favorite so far :concern:

Siege

Reaction score
This place seems kinda cool!
I stumbled across this site today as I was looking for information on puppet building. I am a computer tech but my college major was in the arts so I am hoping that this may be the creative outlet I have been looking for. I like cake decorating/sculpting and paper mache mask making so I think puppet building may just fit right in. And somebody mentioned a fan art/fiction section? I worked as a writer the first year I was out of school so I will have time to check that out.
There are so many talented people here I am in awe of you all!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
This place seems kinda cool!
I stumbled across this site today as I was looking for information on puppet building. I am a computer tech but my college major was in the arts so I am hoping that this may be the creative outlet I have been looking for.
Well, computers and art do go together in a lot of ways. That can be used as tools to help artist. Nice meeting you and welcome! :smile:

Maryhelen

Reaction score
Hello, everybodeeeeeeee! I found you guys while searching the web for info re a Hobbes 'doll.' What a joy to find so much more!

Dutch Puppet, my Opa was from Nederland, from Helenaveen. He left when he was 19, along with his mother and father and eight brothers and three sisters, to escape WWI. I'd love to IM with you sometime.

Miss Mia, I would dearly love to know more about how you made your GORGEOUS Hobbes. I suppose it's not possible to obtain your pattern pieces? I've got a little guy who's just discovered Calvin & Hobbes, and I promised him I'd try to make him a Hobbes. He's seen yours now, and was really impressed, as am I!

Glad I found you - happy I'm here!

Mary Helen