Series 2 Arrives: When and Where

incredeeble!

Reaction score
OOOOOooooh okayyy... It all makes sense now. I was wondering how he lost his hair :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by bats1972

Anyway, with regards to a few posts I have read stating that "Toys R Us would rather ship the same stuff over and over"....

They seem to be a few weeks behind everyone else when releasing almost anything, except for Power Rangers. Why they are still pushing that line so hard is beyond me. (I thought that franchise was dead)
Yeah Batman! That and Pokemon! Yuuuch!!! I mean, really. Even if they put these on sale, they wouldn't go. Just donate them to charaty and have it be a tax write off or something! I mean, the Power Ranger type stuff sits on shelves everywhere, while we're pounding down the doors of TRu screaming for Muppets which is at least timeless (of couse POGs are more timeless than Power Rangers and Pokemon!) The choice is between a Crazy Harry and a dumb show made in Japan in the 70's (think about it! It took 20+ years to sell it to an American Network) that is basically the same figure with different paint jobs. (of course this is a choice between an elegant filet mignion dinner, and a month old undercooked McDonalds hamburger)
If you think about it, Ban Dai can make money even if these figures don't sell. They just need to take the overstock and re package it. I don't want to go further into my hatred of cheasy kiddy show, so I'll be blunt. Apparently, Chicken Dance Elmo is the only Muppet Product that TRU is promoting (actually, I think the doll is pretty cute, if it were on sale for less than 10 bucks, I'd get it and remove the batteries, but we have a lot of Anti-Elmos out there)

SO when ever the heck the CEO of TRU gets a clue, and dumps old, unsellable overstock to release the Muppet toys that'll be time to get caught up in the Christmas scramble. Now, you have to battle parents trying to get the next hot flash in the pan toy to try to get something, someone over the age of 5 would want.

Fozzie! Where are you?

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
a dumb show made in Japan in the 70's (think about it! It took 20+ years to sell it to an American Network)
Be a little careful what you say. I've heard a few people say the same thing about some dumb 20+ year old show made in England back in the 70's that's just barely been turned into an action figure line.

I'd like to think more people wanted Muppets than Power Rangers, but I've never been able to figure out people.

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
I'd like to think more people wanted Muppets than Power Rangers, but I've never been able to figure out people.
Peoples is peoples. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
Be a little careful what you say. I've heard a few people say the same thing about some dumb 20+ year old show made in England back in the 70's that's just barely been turned into an action figure line.
Yeah, but the Muppets started up in the 50's, and appeared on quite a bit before the show was a twinkle in Henson's eye. Then came Sesame, springboarding the Muppets to fame an' fortune!

Power Rangers is not a millionth as creative as the Muppets. Even the worst Muppet Production is better than the Best Power Rangers product ever. They just recycle the plot line from Godzilla and Astro-Boy, and pound out the same show every week!

GWGumby

Reaction score
Oh, I agree with you completely. I just meant watch how you phrase your criticisms, because your earlier critique essentially described what you were also praising except it was made in a different location. The old double standard rule can get you in trouble if you're not careful.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Reeeeh Hee heee hee hee hee!

I meant the action figure. Man, when these get here, it is going to be SWEEEEEEEET!!!

Rugbylass

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Just to let you know that my series 2 Fozzie and Floyd figures arrived today (from Forbidden Planet here in the UK)! We're still waiting for the playset and exclusive Gonzo but I am sooooo excited to finally get Fozzie! Floyd looks great but as a Fozzie fan it's fabulous to finally feel the furry fella :big_grin:
Cheers,
Helen

FozzieBear

Reaction score
Heads up Aussie Muppet fans...

The Figures and the Playset have arrived in Australia yesterday!