The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
My homeroom teacher -who dispises Valentines day, and it's the same day as his birthday- said something really funny today. He goes, "okay girls, did you get lots of stuffed toys and chocolates from pimply cavemen?" lol.
Lol, yeah that about sums it up! :concern:

Beauregard

Reaction score
You know, after christmas was finished, I saw a bunch of valentines day stuff. I will never figure out why it's always good for a retail store to put out junk for the next holiday months before.
After Christmas, we had EASTER stuff in all our shops. In fact, before Christmas I spied CremeEggs and Bunnies!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After the experiences that have plagued me these past two months which I'm sure most of you have read about in the "Lovesick Teenagers Clud Threab", I have decided that this year, I will have to side with the majority, as I will NOT be celebrating Valentine's Day this year.

I'm already predicting it WILL be a dark day this year... I'll probably wind up sitting or lying around the house all day, sulking over She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named while she and her bf will most likely be doing something special with each other. It sure ain't easy to forget about such a special and wonderful girl like that.

On the comedic side, Steve has decided he wants to go to the mall and pick out a Zoot Suit so he can take Bethany swing dancing (hm-mm-mm...)

wes

Reaction score
ah yes it the thread that keeps on giving!

My sister who's in charge of a College group, has came up with a Anti-Valentines Day even I thought was Funny!

Lets See, Oh and This year will be the 7th Anniversary of the day I asked my Wife to marry me.

If i knew then, that Valentines day was such a big deal to Chicks, I would have done it on another day.

But oh well, I'm in a hole of my Own making! And I love it!

I think after 6 years I'm soften...Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

1 Corinthians 13

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually just figured another disadvantage of having a girl in my life anyway...

All women want to have kids right? There's apparently a special feeling to being a mother, huh? If I ended up ever marrying a girl, and she wanted to have kids, then she'd simply have to settle for all of my "artificial children" that are made up of foam and fleece and fur. 'Cause we sure wouldn't have the time to raise real kids, lol.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I actually just figured another disadvantage of having a girl in my life anyway...

All women want to have kids right? There's apparently a special feeling to being a mother, huh? If I ended up ever marrying a girl, and she wanted to have kids, then she'd simply have to settle for all of my "artificial children" that are made up of foam and fleece and fur. 'Cause we sure wouldn't have the time to raise real kids, lol.
I can't even remember the last time I celebrated Valentine's Day.

I don't want kids. I barely had the courage to agree to my brother's desire for dogs. While I've since become quite attached to them, the fact of the matter still remains that caring for dogs isn't near the level of involvement required to raise productive and not too psychotic children, LOL. I do treat the dogs like children, at least according to the old-school "I leave mah dogs out in th' yard" folks. But I have my own personal reasons for not continuing my genetic line. I've stopped wanting romantic love. I don't even get intimate platonic love. I'll want that before I can sign on to the harder stuff. :flirt:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know what that's like Kelly, I always regarded Tommie as my "flesh and bun", and even when talking about her with other people, I'd even refer to her as "my baby girl", and she was like a daughter to me... even though she hated my guts for a bunny, so at least I know how to handle girls whose hormones are outta whack (to a degree anyway, lol).

But allow me to rephrase my last point -- perhaps not ALL women want to have kids, but it seems like most women do.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, I think a lot of women, at least here in the south (I was born in TN, lived a bit in MS, and moved to TX) equate babies like they equate their men ... an opportunity for "love". They played house as a kid and listened to their fairy tales and it just seemed so wonderful and magical and easy. I'm willing to bet that if it were mandatory to do that cyber-kid thing for a whole year or volunteer at day cares and such for a year, we could fix a lot of that. I'm convinced part of my family's issues with family issues is that they were raised to believe things would go a certain way and the modern era just took all those notions, crumpled them up, and threw them in the trash. I'd much rather people prove they can manage their own lives before bringing in new lives, but that's just me. I've lived (and somewhat continue to live) the parental refrain "if I knew then what I know now". Children shouldn't be subjected to that possibility.