Reaction score
SNLIM,

Can you post the following information?

1. Browser type and version number
2. Internet connection speed
3. Processor type and speed
4. Age of computer
5. Any restrictions or settings

Were you able to see the Christmas menus? You mentioned that you couldn't see the Valentines one and this one, correct? Did you see the one for MC's birthday? Just want to be for certain that those two menus are the only ones that you haven't seen.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Probably a compound problem of how the browser is reading the script throug the Mac OS. Flash emnedding has always been tricky in Macs. If you only knew all the trouble and workarounds I had to do in school for the Mac. We will look into a workaround. I just don't see how you could have seen the Valentine's menu and not this one. It is the exact same embedding and we know it isn't the Flash. I don't see why it would be read differently unless you are on a different computer this time. All that info helps. :smirk:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
BTW -

Thanks, Chirs. Glad you noticed the extra care I took with this menu. It's the subtleties, like the bounce, that really get me stoked. Now if we could just pinpoint the embedding issue.

SNLM -

Did you check out the other link I provided? It would also be nice for you to provide the info asked by Phillip. It helps us figure out where the issue is coming from so we can program around it. It's standard web practice. I just don't see why it's happening now of all times. :concern:

foofoocakes -

The character you are asking about is Horace the Fly from Kermit's Swamp Years. That pic was taken from the cover of the video. One of the few photos I didn't mess with. LOL!:zany:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Jamie and Phil,

I'm using Opera 7.01 and it shows up both when I view the file directly in Opera and when I view Jamie's page at his server. But not on MC's main page, so I'm thinking it's got to have something to do with either the way it's embedded or another script butting heads with it.

You guys should really try out the pages in Opera. It's a great browser and highly recommended for web developers. Especially when your site is as good as MC. It will only take like 90 seconds :wink:

www.opera.com

It would also give you a chance to see how most of the news and articles break in a standards compliant browser as well.

I like the menu by the way. Especially the way they do a little bounce before they settle :smile:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I just don't see how you could have seen the Valentine's menu and not this one. It is the exact same embedding and we know it isn't the Flash. I don't see why it would be read differently unless you are on a different computer this time. All that info helps.
I've been using the same system since before the site format was changed and this is the first time I've ever had this problem.

:confused:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is very weird. We'll look into it. Might take a while to get it right.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hey Jamie, this is just a simple question about a choice on the menu, the aligator was used to fit in the green St Patricks day/swamp setting, but why it a random Aligator rather then the Puppet Arnie aligator from KSY? were there no good pic's avaible of him? or just the choice to use a reg muppet aligator?

just wondering

zack,

SNLIM

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
SNLIM,

Can you post the following information?

1. Browser type and version number
2. Internet connection speed
3. Processor type and speed
4. Age of computer
5. Any restrictions or settings

Were you able to see the Christmas menus? You mentioned that you couldn't see the Valentines one and this one, correct? Did you see the one for MC's birthday? Just want to be for certain that those two menus are the only ones that you haven't seen.
i am using netscape 7.02, road runner cable modem, a gateway pc that's about a little under a year old. i was able to see all the menus except the valentines (well after i updated flash i could see it) and current menu.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Now that you mention it, I can't view it in Netscape 7.0 either.