1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

St. Patrick's Day Menu

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Mar 15, 2003.

1. SNLIM

SNLIM New Member

i dowloaded it and i am still not seeing the menu...:( :(
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

SNLIM,

Can you post the following information?

1. Browser type and version number
    2. Internet connection speed
    3. Processor type and speed
    4. Age of computer
    5. Any restrictions or settings

Were you able to see the Christmas menus? You mentioned that you couldn't see the Valentines one and this one, correct? Did you see the one for MC's birthday? Just want to be for certain that those two menus are the only ones that you haven't seen.
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Probably a compound problem of how the browser is reading the script throug the Mac OS. Flash emnedding has always been tricky in Macs. If you only knew all the trouble and workarounds I had to do in school for the Mac. We will look into a workaround. I just don't see how you could have seen the Valentine's menu and not this one. It is the exact same embedding and we know it isn't the Flash. I don't see why it would be read differently unless you are on a different computer this time. All that info helps. :smirk:
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

BTW -

Thanks, Chirs. Glad you noticed the extra care I took with this menu. It's the subtleties, like the bounce, that really get me stoked. Now if we could just pinpoint the embedding issue.

SNLM -

Did you check out the other link I provided? It would also be nice for you to provide the info asked by Phillip. It helps us figure out where the issue is coming from so we can program around it. It's standard web practice. I just don't see why it's happening now of all times. :concern:

foofoocakes -

The character you are asking about is Horace the Fly from Kermit's Swamp Years. That pic was taken from the cover of the video. One of the few photos I didn't mess with. LOL!:zany:
  5. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Jamie and Phil,

I'm using Opera 7.01 and it shows up both when I view the file directly in Opera and when I view Jamie's page at his server. But not on MC's main page, so I'm thinking it's got to have something to do with either the way it's embedded or another script butting heads with it.

You guys should really try out the pages in Opera. It's a great browser and highly recommended for web developers. Especially when your site is as good as MC. It will only take like 90 seconds ;)

www.opera.com

It would also give you a chance to see how most of the news and articles break in a standards compliant browser as well.

I like the menu by the way. Especially the way they do a little bounce before they settle :)
  6. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I've been using the same system since before the site format was changed and this is the first time I've ever had this problem.

:confused:
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

This is very weird. We'll look into it. Might take a while to get it right.
  8. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Hey Jamie, this is just a simple question about a choice on the menu, the aligator was used to fit in the green St Patricks day/swamp setting, but why it a random Aligator rather then the Puppet Arnie aligator from KSY? were there no good pic's avaible of him? or just the choice to use a reg muppet aligator?

just wondering

zack,
  9. SNLIM

SNLIM New Member

i am using netscape 7.02, road runner cable modem, a gateway pc that's about a little under a year old. i was able to see all the menus except the valentines (well after i updated flash i could see it) and current menu.
  10. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Now that you mention it, I can't view it in Netscape 7.0 either.
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Proactive solution

Ahh. Most developers have stopped designing for Netscape because it is officially defunct. It was bought out by another company and won't ever have an upgrade. It's a very old browser. It's imperative that users keep a current browser every year or so regardless of the company that makes it. I'd suggest switching to Explorer or Opera. Netscape was always crummy with Flash. The final version was released before 2000 without adequate programming for all of Flash 4 and we're at 6 now. Eeek!

Still need to figure out the workaround for the embedding. I don't handle that portion, but we should be able to figure something out. We know what the issue is; just have to do some tests. Unlike big corporations, we're really small and don't have a team of troubleshooting programmers. Since everyone's computers have different browsers, platforms and settings there are a lot of things to deal with. The web is still in what I like to call the Wild West stage. There are so many standards and the big guns are the leaders until someone bigger shoots them down.

We won't be able to do it without you guys. So, we'll probably need test subjects. We will set this up sometime in the near future. Although, we will run these tests on computers with current operating systems and models that have come out in the past 5 years. Mac users are a big group we need. Please contact Phillip and me to get on the list. It will take some time.

Zack-

I had screen grabs of Arnie, but don't like the puppet from KSY. The more traditional puppet is more popular with fans. These are also supposed to be kind of grown up versions of the characters so Arnie would look more like TMM anyway. LOL! It's kind of a time warp layout if you think about it. Nobody noticed the TMTM cameo. ;)
  12. Zack the Dog

oh yeah! i see what you mean, i do like the way the reg Muppet Aligator looks comparied to arnie in KSY. He's more Muppety and fun, Goggles and Croaker puppets don't have adult versions though, but i see what you mean.

yeah i saw the TMTM cameo, i thought it was a pic from the the Muppets at WD world though.

zack
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Wait, what do you think the cameo is? :confused: LOL!
  14. Zack the Dog

lol, whoops! Gill or Bill frog, i always mix them up, you can see one frog has ears and hair, maybe you creatied it on a reg naked frog body? i know that the same frog puppet "bill" i think thats who he is, is in the muppets at walt disney world, as well as gill, can't remember if jill is or not, i would think so, they were just frog family members not the same characters.
  15. Phillip

So do all the menus show up in Opera and Netscape 7 except for the St. Patrick's Day menu or do none of them show up?
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I always mix up Bill and Gil too, but that's him stripped naked. :eek:
  17. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

You have such a way with animals.

Beau:cool: :) :D :confused:{It's not that easy being green}regard
  18. Phillip

For those of you who couldn't see the menu yesterday, please try it again. Made a change to the code and am curious to see if it works. Be sure to hit refresh.
  19. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Yay! There it is!

:) :D :cool: :confused: :grouchy:
  20. Phillip

Glad it is working for you. Hopefully it is working for everyone else as well.