1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

St. Patrick's Day Menu

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Mar 15, 2003.

1. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

It's showing up in Netscape 7 and Opera 7 now.
  2. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Re: Proactive solution

Hubba what? :confused: Version 7 was released not too long ago and featured a markedly noticable change from the previous version. I was actually quite impressed with the leap they'd made. Although, given the fact that they had a leap to make, I can see what you mean in that production on the software may have slowed down a bit of recent. Still though, they seemed to have more than made up for it. In any case, it's one of the best and most stable releases of the browser thus far on which I'm running Flash 6.
  3. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah the designers here at work usually try to make things Netscape compatible - quite a few people use it still. Obviously they have loads more resources though. I agree people should keep fairly up-to-date versions of things on their computers and you can't always be kept back for those that don't but IMO it's always prudent to make things at least a little backwards compatible when you have a very popular non-technical site. It was annoying at first when Henson.com went Flash 6 only as soon as it came out. Either that or include some notice telling em to upgrade.

Anyway you can use the site stats on the main MC page to see what people have on their systems and use it to judge whats important for your audience. A test group of people was a fantastic idea !
  4. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

So i was right Jamie, that's the cameo;) hmm, i got a way to remember it now, Gil has Glasses...G words...I'm sure this information be will useful one day...:halo:

Zack)Rowlf the, i think that's the first time i used the animal smiley,Dog.
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Weirdness. You're right. Netscape's update recently came out after -3 years- of being dead. That's unheard of. Kind of cool, though - to see the once big fish turned small fry to make an effort at a comeback. Didn't realize it, but with the popularity and wide use of explorer and now Opera, I don't think it will ever be as widely used as it once was. It sure will be interesting to see. Reading the updates, they have fixed most of the issues and added more features. Still going through them. Going to be testing things out on it later today.

Glad the menu is up now. :)
  6. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Yeah, N7 came out sometime last year. I used to be an avid Netscape supporter, but when I started doing web pages -- and before I really knew better -- I latched onto IE basically because it was more flexible. What I didn't realize is that the reason for that was because they were breaking all the rules. I don't use anything but Opera now partly because it sticks pretty close to the W3C guidelines, but mostly because its' functionality and ease of on-the-fly modification rocks. When I come across pages now that don't look right in Opera, it's easy to swap over into User Mode and disable the tables to read a page's content... much like what I have to do for a good portion of MC.
  7. SNLIM

SNLIM New Member

yea! it's working!
  8. sidcrowe

sidcrowe New Member

WOW! Once again Froggy makes a great Flash menu

I used to prefer Netscape, because as a Mac user, I have to support Apple's 10% of the market, but it's slower than Explorer.

I've got an iMac, 350 mhz, 64 ram, IE.

The menu works

Here's to you, Froggy: :) :) :)

It's not easy making a menu
    Having to spend time programming in Flash
    When I think it could be nicer
    To use crayons, or paint...or mold
    Or something much more easy to use like that

It's not easy making a Flash menu
    When you don't wanna blend in with so many ordinary things
    And people tend to pass henson.com over
    Because it's a stupid piece of crap and it's not as good as MC with Jamie
    Why henson.com is so bad...we don't know why

But Flash menus can be coloured like Spring
    And Jamie's menus are very cool and friendly-like
    And Flash menus can be big, like a Snuffleupagus, or important like a Gorg
    And don't fall like a tree

When Flash menus aren't all that they can be
    It could make you blunder by
    But, why blunder? Why blunder?
    It's Jamie's new Flash menu
    It'll do fine
    It's beautiful
    And I think it's what we wanna see

:sing:
  9. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

Very very nice Jamie!! It looks awesome!!:)
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I feel all warm and squishy. :flirt:
  11. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Do you need a diaper change?
  12. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Eeeek! You know, as much as I sit at this computer, I should probably have one. Then I would never leave. :concern: (Currently working on next month's menus):excited: Some fun surprises. Can't wait until late summer when most of the main menus will be completed. :D
  14. Luke

Luke Active Member

Well for April Fools Day you could always leave it blank and tell everyone the reason they aren't seeing it is because they need to download Flash 7 ! :eek:

BTW if Disney buys Henson OR The Muppets are we gonna get a nice smiley Kermit and Mickey menu ? LOL
  15. camax

camax New Member

Wow frogboy4 - my favorite thing about the whole site is always the cool menus in each section. Fantastic work on all of them!!!! I'm excited to hear you change them around from time to time too. We are SPOILED!! :sing:
  16. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

Heeheeheeheeheehee:D
  17. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Doesn't anyone else find it eerie that Goggles and Croaker have stayed EXACTLY the same age, even though they're next to the older Kermit? LOL!

Great job as always, Jamie. I thought you'd keep it through the week. Too bad to see it down already. Oh, well, I guess if so many people are having problems...

Anyway, I got some unusual characters in the MC arches: Leon, a modern Floyd, a Little Muppet Monster, and a goblin from Labyrinth. So I'm happy. :D
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

LOL! Thanks. I made the frogs Kermit-sized.

Yeah, I wish it were up for longer, but I was a bit late completing the menu. Phillip solved the issue so it was just taken down because the holiday was over. How many days should we keep these up? I think somewhere between 4-7 days. :)
  19. camax

camax New Member

Well I wouldn't want it to be like most retail stores who put out the next holiday assortment as soon as one holiday is over, regardless of how far out the next holiday is, but I think your stuff should be in the spotlight at least two weeks before "showtime." You put a lot of effort into the menus, they are very gratifying to look at and interact with, so you've got to reward us with at least several weeks, right? Even three weeks is fine. A month for Christmas themed ones! (I haven't been here that long to know how often you change them up.) That all depends on if you've finished the menus of course... are you planning on an Easter theme this year? Thanks for all the enjoyment frogboy4!!!! :) :attitude: :D

edit: WOW James, just took a look at your own site. We have something in common - I went to the Art Institute of Seattle (for Computer Animation / Multimedia) I'm a web designer these days, and I love Flash, but am nowhere near your level. I was amazed at your graphite sketches too. Fantastic detail.