25 things dissapearing from America

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Click Here

My biggest fear is with dial up dissapearing, I wont have internet access. Dial up is the ONLY thing I can get where I live.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dial up is the ONLY thing I can get where I live.
Where do you live, the middle of nowhere?

Anyway, here are my thoughts...

1. Pit toilets? You mean people STILL USE THOSE?
2. The YELLOW PAGES disappearing? When did THAT start to happen? !
3. I had no idea Blockbuster was going to disappear, but I guess with Netflix, cable, VOD, DVDs, YouTube, it was inevitable.
4. I actually say GOOD RIDDANCE to dial-up, it's a nuicence.
5. Phone landlines? Hmm...
6. Blue crabs? Oh well.
7. VCRs disappearing was inevitable as well.
8. I'm surprised this planet still has trees.
9. I thought ham radio already disappeared!
10. My mom never let me swim in swimming holes anyway "too many bacteria and parasites!" "The waters are polluted", "The waters are filthy!", etc.
11. Nobody uses answering machines anymore anyway.
12. Of course cameras with film are going to disappear with DIGITAL cameras!
13. Incandescent light bulbs? OUCH!
14. BOWLING ALLEYS? DOUBLE OUCH!
15. Um, milkmen never existed in real-life, that was just on television.
16. Well, thanks to computers and type-writers, who needs to actually hand-write anything anymore, anyway?
17. There's such a thing as WILD horse? !
18. Personal checks? Don't tell my mom!
19. Drive-in theaters have been extinct for a LONG TIME, what with crime and everything.
20. Mumps and measles? Ha! Good riddances to those too!
21. Honey bees! Yay! One less thing to have to worry about during spring and summer!
22. News magazines and TV news? Ouch.
23. Well DUH analog TV's disappearing!
24. Of course the family farms are disappearing, nobody works on farms anymore!
25. Where IS 25?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
19. Drive-in theaters have been extinct for a LONG TIME, what with crime and everything.
There are three within an hour of where I live. One just down the road. I like drive-ins. Most of them play two movies for the price of one, which is great, so long as you don't mind seeing one that'll be on DVD a few weeks later along with a newer one.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
oh, and yeah. we are waaaaaay out ther on the country, and they dont support wifi, sattlite is too expensive (over 200 dollars a month) and dsl doesnt work

Redsonga

Reaction score
1. Pit toilets? You mean people STILL USE THOSE?
Yes, go outside the city sometime ^.^.
4. I actually say GOOD RIDDANCE to dial-up, it's a nuicence.
No, go outside the city sometime ^.^. Middles of nowhere still need it :smile:.
. VCRs disappearing was inevitable as well.
I still have one. They may not be made anymore, but they are still just as usefull...
8. I'm surprised this planet still has trees.
I'm surprised we still have air. Trees are not just something to be cut down *sigh*...

Um, milkmen never existed in real-life, that was just on television
Actually they were very real silly :smile:.
Well, thanks to computers and type-writers, who needs to actually hand-write anything anymore, anyway?
I do. I don't need to but I want to ^.^
Drive-in theaters have been extinct for a LONG TIME, what with crime and everything.
They haven't :wink:, Not where I live...

Of course the family farms are disappearing, nobody works on farms anymore!
*lol* The family farm (and just farms overall) is very much a part of where I live ^.^, and other states to. To say no one works on farms anymore, and honey bees don't matter, is like saying cows are born cut up and fruit grows itself :stick_out_tongue:...
Honey bees! Yay! One less thing to have to worry about during spring and summer!
Perhaps nothing on our list of disappearing America is so dire; plummeting so enormously; and so necessary to the survival of our food supply as the honey bee.
And when we no longer have any food to eat there will be no humans ether, oh happy day! :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, there's been a huge outbreak of measles recently. Not kidding. heard it on the news not too long ago.

And Broadcast news disappearing? I doubt it. people are still watching Fox... as if that's news.

and I'm shocked top see American Jobs and animated cartoons not on the list.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Actually, there's been a huge outbreak of measles recently. Not kidding. heard it on the news not too long ago.
I'm not surprised..certain things like that have gotten so rare that when they come back they can really cause trouble:embarrassed:...

I'm still afraid what all these germ killing things we are using left and right in our homes are going to end up doing to to us...something much worst than a dirty swimming hole could I bet :sympathy: