25 things dissapearing from America

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
theres alot of farms where I live. Most of them are cattle farms though. Theres a goat farm and a cow farm both about 2 minutes away by car. And amazingly they dont stink

theres even an ostridge (not sure if thats spelled right) farm about 10 mintutes away

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Let's see...
  1. Pit toilets - Won't the hillbillies be sad?
  2. Yellow Pages - How are people not using these anymore?
  3. Classified Ads - I guess the internet will offing the "Help Wanted" signs in the windows too.
  4. Movie Rental Stores - Are people getting THIS lazy?
  5. Dial-up Internet - I'm not sure if I use this anymore, but I think I'm not
  6. Phone Landlines - I have cordless phones
  7. Blue Crabs - Never eat 'em anyway. And now, I may never will
  8. VCRs - I still use mine to tape/watch things; DVR is a little expensive. Plus, I can keep these in secret from my family
  9. Ash Trees - Never heard of these
  10. Ham Radio - Not surprised
  11. The swimming hole - I was just swimming in a creek the other day!
  12. Answering machines - Our main phone holder has a built in one, so I can see them getting the axe
  13. Cameras with Film - True, now with digital
  14. Incandesent Bulbs - Good, now we can be eco-friendly
  15. Bolwing Alleys - So bowling alleys in family-fun areas are in favor of stand-alone bowling alleys eh? I'd prefer to go a Grown-Up alley.
  16. The Milkman - Haven't they not be around for, like, decades?
  17. Hand Written letters - Reminds me of someone is my class who had to use a small typing machine 'cause his handwriting was horrible.
  18. Wild Horses - Uh oh
  19. Personal Checks - Does mean checking accounts go too?
  20. Drive-Ins - None near me. I've been to one once, and I "saw" Seabiscut (I fell asleep during it, but I did watch the Bugs Bunny cartoon at the start)
  21. Mumps/Measles - And that's bad?
  22. Honey Bees - That's not good
  23. News Magizines + TV News - I never watched them anyways
  24. Analog TV - My friend doesn't have cable, but he'll have to get it soon
  25. Family Farms - Who else is gonna pick the crops?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Let's see...

[*]Pit toilets - Won't the hillbillies be sad?
I don't see how someone could use them. I don't even like portapotties.

Yellow Pages - How are people not using these anymore?
You know, the decline of the yellow book isn't exactly a bad thing... I mean, if people use computers or good ol' 411, then think of all the trees that will be saved.
Movie Rental Stores - Are people getting THIS lazy?
Indeed they are. i'm not even going into online movies, pirated or legal... but the fact that people are that lazy makes me think it's not just McD's fault for the health of this country.
VCRs - I still use mine to tape/watch things; DVR is a little expensive. Plus, I can keep these in secret from my family
I'm thinking of throwing mine away. I mean, it's on its way out... and I only watch a few things that aren't on DVD on them...
Cameras with Film - True, now with digital
I'm going to miss instant polaroid film. Even digital's not that fast. You still need to use a printer. However, artists will continue to use classic film cameras.

Incandesent Bulbs - Good, now we can be eco-friendly
Problem is, those new florecent spiral bulbs aren't as eco-friendly as everyone wants to think. You need a hazmat team to throw it out... especially if you accidentally break one.

The Milkman - Haven't they not be around for, like, decades?
I haven't heard of milkmen outside of the 1950's...

Family Farms - Who else is gonna pick the crops?[/LIST]
Without turning political, migrant workers.... nonunion migrant workers they can pay pennies an hour for a living wage. These of course, are big business run farms...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Even if its cordless, if its not a cell phone, then doesnt it work on a landline? I'm probably wrong though
I was thinking the same thing but I wasn't sure if he meant that h was still using a land line or if he thought that cordless didn't need a land line. So I was afraid to answer as I did not know what he meant by his comment:stick_out_tongue: