25 things dissapearing from America

Beakerfan

Reaction score
XD Yup, gotta love that all-natural scent of a dairy..... Of course, there's nothing worse than the smell of a poultry processing plant. There's one right down the street from my house, and on hot days, BLUHEEEEECCCCHHHHHHHHHHH........ It seriously makes me want to barf.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Lol, I live in farmland myself. (I know, everyone's like California? What farmland?) It is amazing how many farms there are when you actually take a look at it. Especially dairys and beef barns. Oh gosh. I'd say, next to grapes, California's top produce is beef and dairy.
Of course there are farms here:excited:. In fact we have some of the best farms IMHO:smile:...

mikebennidict

Reaction score
19. Drive-in theaters have been extinct for a LONG TIME, what with crime and everything.QUOTE]

I've got a drive-in movie theater just 25 minutes from where I live. It's always crowded with people.

Back to the subject at hand....

Things dissapearing: The fact that more people care about making more money while ripping on the little people. There was a time where people actually needed people to do work and would pay them well enough to live on. Now big companies are exporting jobs to cheaper venues for cheaper labor which means the companies save on labor hire whicn in turn makes them more richer.

If one was a blue colar worker, he or even she could get by with their salary and raise a family and not worry about a thing. That was 20 years ago. Now a days you see both parents working and having a hard time trying to provide for their family,

I think you're parshally wrong about both parents working.

There are families where 1 works and the other stays home and it works fine for them.

Another thing disappearing: the value of a college education. 20 years ago or more, if you were to graduate from college, you could make a really good living in whatever chosen major you graduated with in any chosen career. Now you read and hear about college graduates taking on low paying jobs becoming underemployed, You hear college graduates accumulating large amounts of debt and can't pay it off because they either can't find a job or have to take on a low paying job if not a few low paying jobs just to pay off their debt.

And in some cases that's also their fault.

Many spend more beyond their means and maybe should wait till they save up enough money before they spend thousands of dollars on a higher education.

Now a days you have to get masters degree in order to make a lot of money, if that was your intention all along while in college. Not unless you can do something in the medical field or become some sort of engineer with having a bachelors degree. Things have changed in the past 20 years regarding the value of a college education.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Things dissapearing: The fact that more people care about making more money while ripping on the little people. There was a time where people actually needed people to do work and would pay them well enough to live on. Now big companies are exporting jobs to cheaper venues for cheaper labor which means the companies save on labor hire whicn in turn makes them more richer.

If one was a blue colar worker, he or even she could get by with their salary and raise a family and not worry about a thing. That was 20 years ago. Now a days you see both parents working and having a hard time trying to provide for their family,
I could turn this political, but I won't. Suffice to say, our friends in Washington are soullessly owned by these people. So they get to go around laws made pretty much in Teddy Roosevelt's day. We're seeing a resurgance of Trusts and Monopolies. And the worst of it, to go around laws about Unions and paying minimum wage, they ship jobs to China and India for a fraction of the price, and get big fat tax loopholes for doing so. And guess what? India and China are eating us alive.

Another thing disappearing: the value of a college education. 20 years ago or more, if you were to graduate from college, you could make a really good living in whatever chosen major you graduated with in any chosen career. Now you read and hear about college graduates taking on low paying jobs becoming underemployed, You hear college graduates accumulating large amounts of debt and can't pay it off because they either can't find a job or have to take on a low paying job if not a few low paying jobs just to pay off their debt.
Once again, our friends in big business. They only hire their friends and family. Sometimes, their parents buy control of the company and plop their lazy, incompetant kids in a high ranking possition. And guess what? they have no experiance, no buisness sense... they spendt all college getting high and chasing girls. And in the short run, they screw things up so bad, the blue collars, and lower white collars get fired as a result. Just to save their tails and get a lot of money for work they don't even do.

Hey, you're talking to an unemployable animator still paying off his student loan with borrowed money. I can't EVEN get a low paying job. I have to fight like a dog over a scrap of meat with all these downsized people and other college grads who somehow made the right connections.

It IS a conspiracy. Not a complex one, but the rich want to create a middle ages style class system. And since no one can afford anything, no wonder our economy's belly up.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I haven't seen any honey bees at all this year. Only hornets and other not-quite-so-good-as-the-honey-bee kind of bees.

:sympathy:

I like honey. And honey bees.

:frown:

I miss the honey bees.

:cry:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Once again, our friends in big business. They only hire their friends and family. Sometimes, their parents buy control of the company and plop their lazy, incompetant kids in a high ranking possition. And guess what? they have no experiance, no buisness sense... they spendt all college getting high and chasing girls. And in the short run, they screw things up so bad, the blue collars, and lower white collars get fired as a result. Just to save their tails and get a lot of money for work they don't even do.
Funny, I was reading about the business ventures George W. Bush had before he became governor of Texas and the president. His father supplied him with jobs that he helped create. That's kind of relevant with what you said about how it's "a who you know" situation vs "what you know" when trying to find a job.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I haven't seen any honey bees at all this year. Only hornets and other not-quite-so-good-as-the-honey-bee kind of bees.

:sympathy:

I like honey. And honey bees.

:frown:

I miss the honey bees.

:cry:
I've also seen bees buzzing around in flowers. They're around still doing there thing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Funny, I was reading about the business ventures George W. Bush had before he became governor of Texas and the president. His father supplied him with jobs that he helped create. That's kind of relevant with what you said about how it's "a who you know" situation vs "what you know" when trying to find a job.

See... rich people let their idiot kids run and ruin everything. Just look at MTI. Fozzie played the quintessential philandering moronic son.

But we really need a resurgance of Family Farms. look what the lack of them did recently. the big Tomato scare of twennty odd eight.