All right,I'm NOT trying to toss hints here.....

Beauregard

Reaction score
The first Appreciation Thread was the Barry Lee Appreciation Thread, which was a huge success because it was outrageously original and hadn't been done before and was something of a parody of the BBB, Swaehb, RHLC type threads that are rooted deep in MC-lore.

I think M'Pat (Mrs Pepper's thread) sprang up soon after, it was related to a TKO episode plotline.

And then more and more appeared. I think they are a great way of appreciating members both old and new...and at the heart of MC, that's what it is all about...but I agree with Kath. Perhaps they are becoming too much? And if a person doesn't have a thread, do they feel left-out? In that case, do we need a thread for each and every member?

I doubt that's a practical sollution...

I do have some ideas though. We could create an "Appreciation Thread!" and each day/week/whatever we could change the Appreciation to a new member. We could just go on show our appreciation through the Hug-hug thread, and through every-day interactions.

It's great to be appreciated. I'm glad to have had a thread dedicated to me, but I'd rather see day-to-day smiles than an unintentionally cluttered Friends-and-Family sub-forum and people offended if forgotten.

Just some ideas and thoughts.

Bea:zany:regard

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
See, this is why Beau should be a mod! Seriously, I think that's a great idea Beau, it would certainly cut down on threads cluttering up the Friends and Family section and we can still show our appreciation for members that we love. So I say, let's do it! Make the thread Beau, go for it!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I do have some ideas though. We could create an "Appreciation Thread!" and each day/week/whatever we could change the Appreciation to a new member. We could just go on show our appreciation through the Hug-hug thread, and through every-day interactions.
Yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. That is EXACTLY what we need to make all the bad feelings go away. I don't think the other threads really need to be deleted, we just need this one to be made.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Beau...you're a genius!:big_grin: Thanks for thinking of this.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That is a nice idea, Beau! I had been a little concerned about the threads too. No one was trying to be mean, but that's often how cliques and bad feelings come about.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Like I've said before, it really doesn't bother me because the people who HAVE appriciation threads DO deserve them. I personally didn't wanna say anything because I didn't want anybody feeling sorry for me and HAVING to make one to please me. Well, that and it's not going to effect me one way or the other. You know, it's not like I'm gonna be depressed at work because somebody has an appriciation thread and I don't. Stuff like that doesn't really seem to get to me. I can see where some people are coming from with not having one and feeling left out, but then I just see it as that your day will come, SOMEBODY will appriciate you, either will or does already. So, don't feel down about it. It's only a thread, it's not like it's real life or death stuff. It's not like if you don't have an appriciation thread that we're gonna kill you or something. It just means that these people have been on for 40+ years and it's time they got appriciated. LOVE EVERYBODY

Daniel