All right,I'm NOT trying to toss hints here.....

King Jim

Reaction score
I think this is a good idea that Beaureguard had:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=33309

I agree with you Kath! I'm not a big fan of popularity contest myself. I was gonna suggest that whoever gets one has to pick the next person, But I really love what Beau did better, though!
You have a point IlikeMuppets. I think I went a little overboard with making those threads.

Thank you, Katzi428 for pointing this out. It is also taking up room and space on the MC forum.

I don't have one, and don't need one. I'm here to appreciate Jim Henson and his lessons and work.
Exactly right Fozzie Bear. Jim Henson is one of my hero's. I like to come here to celebrate Jim Henson just like I do with Hanna-Barbera. But I go to Hanna-Barbera forums to talk about them.

But like was saying Beau had a good plan and I agree we go with that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I do think the one thread is a good idea. I don't want to sound cynical, but you can be a great member and still never get a thread for yourself, it doesn't always work that way. Like senior superlatives in High School ("Most Likely to..." etc.). At least in my High School, the same people won over and over. lol

Again, I'm not attacking or upset at anyone. It's not a big deal for me in the grand scheme of things, lol. Fozzie Bear is right, I'm here to talk about Muppety stuff. :smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I think it is a good idea; just so long as individual members can still be specially recognized from time to time. After all, that's what awards and games are, right? Chances. It doesn't mean that you're not as good if you didn't win; it's just that the person who started the thread was moved in some way by one particular member, and they just wanted to pay tribute.
On another note which a couple of people braught up, I believe that i's the type of people you have that turn something from honest fun, in to a popularity contest. For the most part, I think too highly of the people here to think that they would do such a thing, or let such a thing happen.

On an entirely different note, Kevin, I think your thread was a great idea, and you certainly did deserve it for yourself!
:smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks, Fragglemuppet. It's there so hopefully folks can be entertained by something going on that I've done more than just only tooting my own horn, although I like to do that, too! (Attention Hog = Kev).

Count, ask Phil's advice, but as far as I'm concerned all appreciation threads can be one. Or not. It really doesn't affect me either way.

Here's the thread Beau started:

And I liked the other idea where folks "appreciated" chooses the next one.

It reminds me in school, about 4th grade, we were all given 4x6" index cards and told to write something nice about someone in the classroom. Then, we'd all go up and read what we wrote, and the teacher would compile them all into a book by gluing them on construction paper and give them to the proper student.

My book was empty... :frown:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think this is a good idea that Beaureguard had:

You have a point IlikeMuppets. I think I went a little overboard with making those threads.

Thank you, Katzi428 for pointing this out. It is also taking up room and space on the MC forum.:cool:

Exactly right Fozzie Bear. Jim Henson is one of my hero's. I like to come here to celebrate Jim Henson just like I do with Hanna-Barbera. But I go to Hanna-Barbera forums to talk about them.

But like was saying Beau had a good plan and I agree we go with that.
I mean it's okay! It's just that you know from now on we could just try something different and see how that works! Not trying to take away anything for anybody.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Kev. Actually, I started a poll for all the people here to decide which would be best: either merge all appreciation threads into one, the one started by Bo; or leave them all separate as currently presented on the forums.
Letting the masses choose, we'll see what happens.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It reminds me in school, about 4th grade, we were all given 4x6" index cards and told to write something nice about someone in the classroom. Then, we'd all go up and read what we wrote, and the teacher would compile them all into a book by gluing them on construction paper and give them to the proper student.

My book was empty... :frown:
Aw I'm sorry (though obviously it was a long time ago now). That's kinda where I was coming from. I like when teachers try to do projects like that, one that include everyone, but not every kid is always going to cooperate.