All right,I'm NOT trying to toss hints here.....

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Personally, I think it's kind of like laws preventing accessive cheering at sports games. Okay, maybe there it was a bit different because actual violence would break out, but there are definate similarities. I did agree that all these threads might be getting just a bit over-welming, but I think they're fun, and it's interesting to see who get's one next. I agree with Daniel; for every new one that's created, there's always the chance that you could be next! I'm not sure if that excitement will last with Beau's new thread though... No offence Beauand for the record, I've always supported you for mod!
:smile:
The way I look at it, each member is different, and therefore contributes something different to the forum. The threads are just a way of recognizing their uniqueness.

Well, that's my two cents anyway!
:smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
You know Daniel, it really is hard to believe that you're not a Christian what with all the "preaching" you do about how we should all love everybody instead of hate them.
Look, I really don't wanna start a big religious discussion because this isn't the place for it. The preaching I do is that we should love everybody, that has nothing to do with religion at ALL. It's something that even Athiest could do. Love your fellow man, and they'll love you back. I believe that if we just put aside our differences, and just started talking about the things that we have in common, we wouldn't have some of the messes that we have now with everybody killing each other and so forth. We just need to start spreading the love and not worry so much about the hate.

Daniel

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
To Kathy: hey, let's blame it on Katie, she's the one who started it! But seriously, I can see what you mean though, I mean in my opinion, I think we've taken the appreciation threads a little TOO far; certain people are having appreciation threads made for them right and left lately, meanwhile others who haven't are probably feeling bummed and left out and then make a big deal or a big fuss because of it *cough*zelda*cough*. It WAS fun at first, but now it's getting a bit out of hand; and in a small way, it's almost like saying "well, these guys are my favorite members, and here's why..." "hey, what about me? I thought you all liked me too, but I guess not..."
Hey, I'm the last person here to expect an appreciation thread. There are people who have been here much longer than me, and have contributed much more than I have.

I certainly don't feel better than anyone else, or more special than anyone else, or above anyone else. I came to these forums because, like all of you, I'm a fan of the Muppets. I'm not more favored than anyone else. Personally, I didn't mind any of the appreciation threads. I didn't feel left out, or less favored.

If you feel hurt or offended by me getting my own thread, I'm sorry. I am truly, truly sorry. I don't want to make enemies. I don't want there to be hate. I'm sorry! I've only been here four months! Believe me, getting my own thread was the last thing on my mind! I just enjoy contributing. That's why I'm here. I'm not here to compete with anyone.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey, I'm the last person here to expect an appreciation thread. There are people who have been here much longer than me, and have contributed much more than I have.

I certainly don't feel better than anyone else, or more special than anyone else, or above anyone else. I came to these forums because, like all of you, I'm a fan of the Muppets. I'm not more favored than anyone else. Personally, I didn't mind any of the appreciation threads. I didn't feel left out, or less favored.

If you feel hurt or offended by me getting my own thread, I'm sorry. I am truly, truly sorry. I don't want to make enemies. I don't want there to be hate. I'm sorry! I've only been here four months! Believe me, getting my own thread was the last thing on my mind! I just enjoy contributing. That's why I'm here. I'm not here to compete with anyone.
Hey calm down, I wasn't attacking you, I just simply making a statement on the subject of appreciation threads; and for the record, I'm not attacking anyone, I JUST MADE A STATEMENT. THAT'S ALL, JUST A STATEMENT!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Hey calm down, I wasn't attacking you, I just simply making a statement on the subject of appreciation threads; and for the record, I'm not attacking anyone, I JUST MADE A STATEMENT. THAT'S ALL, JUST A STATEMENT!
Oh, I know you weren't attacking me, Snowth. I'm not attacking anyone. I'm certainly not pointing fingers at anyone. You made a statement, and I felt it was worthy enough to quote. I wasn't directing anything at you, or anybody else.

Peace out.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Haven't read all the posts here nor in all of the appreciation threads individually. Will just say to you guys and gals to please keep things kosher among everybody. Could talk to the other mods and see how they feel about closing the individual threads and stickying the general Appreciation Thread Beauregard started the other day where everybody will hopefully have a turn. But I rully don't want it to have to come to that, as it would detract from the positive spirit of this part of the forums and MC as a whole.

So, just have some good clean fun and please mind what you say as we're all here to contribute and enjoy each other's company. Thanks.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't have one, and don't need one. I'm here to appreciate Jim Henson and his lessons and work.

I did start a thread (after 7-or-so years of being here) about me and my Muley work because I kept 'muffining' other threads to discuss what I was doing and thought, "I've been here long enough to toot my horn. Toot."

But, when it all comes down to it, the things I'm doing with the Mule is mainly so I can create something fun, funny, and positive for everyone. Lately, I've had a few e-mails from folks who have either been inspired or influenced by something I did or by someone else I've been able to inspire--and THAT is why I love to do what I do!

And, see, I've done it again. Back to my own thread, I suppose...

In the meantime, we can edit all the threads of "appreciation" into the singular thread about appreciation so none of the old threads are lost, they will be chronologically listed throughout the thread, and nobody loses post count.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... That's what I was gonna ask/suggest to you Foz-man. LMK if that's the route to go and I can merge 'em all. Though I'd prefer to have each one separate, I do see the benefits of having them all in one main place as that'd pretty much ensure everybody would have a turn to be appreciated.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
While you're at it, I think you might have/want to delete one because if I recally correctly, two were started for me accidentally because apparently the one that was already up was out-dated and hard to find, so a new one was started.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
......but what's with all the "Appreciation Threads" for some people & not others? It's starting to look like a popularity contest & that isn't fair.
(Sorry,but I just had to ask.)Please be reassured that I'm not trying to start a big argument.
TY for reading this,
Kath
I agree with you Kath! I'm not a big fan of popularity contest myself. I was gonna suggest that whoever gets one has to pick the next person, But I really love what Beau did better, though!