Any Figment fans?

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by jeremyactor
Well, I wouldn't say that. There's a lot of stuff I know that I'm not allowed to tell anyone. I signed a lot of stuff on my first day of work that says if I tell anyone inside information, they have the right to behead me and put my head on a pole as an example to other cast members.
They'll do it too. I heard that the dude that died in the Haunted Mansion presides over the ceramony!! :wink:

Hope you're having a blast!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Hey Jeremy, how did you get your job there? Are you doing an internship or just a job? I'm really interested in working there and I was just wondering if you could give me any advice, etc. Thanks:smile:

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
I love figment! I went to WDW when I was six, and saw figment. I flipped out. Figment is the coolest dragon ever. We went back a when I was ten, (to see figment again :smile: ), and he was gone! The whole ride, GONE!!! I was sooooooo sad. :cry:

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Hey Jeremy, how did you get your job there? Are you doing an internship or just a job? I'm really interested in working there and I was just wondering if you could give me any advice, etc. Thanks
I am currently on an internship with Disney World, specifically the Walt Disney World College Program. I'm taking a semester off of school, and working here. For more information on the program you can go to wdwcollegeprogram.com

As for a permanent job here, you'd need to go to the casting offices and simply apply like you would for any job. OR if you know somebody who's a cast member, we can refer you and get you more information about who to go to. Right now they are on a hiring freeze, so nobody will be hired anytime soon.

So I guess the best way in is to know somebody who's already in, but everybody else has to start somewhere too.

If I can be of more help just ask
Jeremy

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by jeremyactor
As for a permanent job here, you'd need to go to the casting offices and simply apply like you would for any job. OR if you know somebody who's a cast member, we can refer you and get you more information about who to go to. Right now they are on a hiring freeze, so nobody will be hired anytime soon.
Thanks:big_grin: Do you know when the hiring freeze will be over though? And how much in advance should I start contacting people? I figure it's too late to do anything this summer (especially if they're not hiring) or I would almost want to try and apply for then but I was thinking of second semester of the next school year or the summer after that. My family is (fingers crossed) taking a trip to wdw this summer, is there any info I could pick up while I was there? Thanks again:big_grin:

jeremyactor

Reaction score
The hiring freeze could last anywhere from another month to a year or two. Nobody knows. Sorry I can't be of more help to you there.

The was some of the people I know are getting in is via the college program. I don't know if you're college age or older or younger, but if you're in school I'd definitely look into that as your ticket in. Plus you could get some credit for it. Go to a presentation when they come around your area this year. You don't have to interview that night. They'll recruit for next Spring in September-November of this year. I saw a presentation in November, but I was pretty far down the line. My manager just returned from a recruiting trip looking for people for this fall.

If you can come down to WDW this summer, the only thing I can tell you to do is maybe go to a guest relations office and they would be able to help you further.

Jeremy

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Alright. Yeah, I'm a college freshman this year. I remember seeing signs for the meeting when it happened last semester I think but I don't know why I didn't go:confused: I'll definitely do that though. How long are you there for? Are there different lengths for the college program or only a semester? Thanks again:smile:

Ps. I see you're from Racine, I'm from around Madison:smile:

jeremyactor

Reaction score
There are 2 different lengths for the program. Spring/Fall, and Spring/Fall Advantage. I am on Spring, which is Jan-May. Many others are on Spring Advantage, which is Jan-August. Fall is the opposite, August trough Dec or May-Dec.

It looks like I will extend my program so I can stay through the summer, I'm having so much fun. You can be on the program for up to 2 semesters at a time, you can always come back later for another semester. Which I might do when I graduate from school.

They also offer advanced internships, which are real internships in positions like guest relations, animal care, GM rep at Test Track, etc, but you must be a college program alumni to apply for most of them. Those last 7 months.

Jeremy

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I was looking at the website a little. It sounds like so much fun! Are you taking classes down there while you work?

jeremyactor

Reaction score
I'm taking the communications course, which is incredibly easy and it's a crock - the teacher is someone who's never taught anything before, and isn't even a communications major, she's an IT person. If the class was taught by a communications teacher, it would be much more valuable. I just got a bad teacher. I know people in other classes and other sections of my class that are finding them useful.

Jeremy