Any word on a seperate Complete Season 4 release

CoOKiE

Reaction score
This is so silly. I must have spent $60 or so on the season sets... and if they keep doiong this... no one will buy season sets anymore, and wait for a complete set. The complete sets are never made unless the season sets do well. So really the company won't be making money after all.

How is it that the Fraggle merch. isn't ever able to complete a set? Theres the little plushes, the tiny plushs, then the large plushs and now the DVDs

Drtooth

Reaction score
Lionsgate was the reason they made such stupid decisions on the DVD release as of late. The retailors didn't want to sell any more Fraggle Merchandise because it wasn't a humongous splash. That's why the plush were never completed. So the DVD was the company's fault... but the plush wasn't Sababa's fault. They DID make the prototypes... it's up to them to make future series of merchandise, just not up to them to sell them.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I think HIT also had a hand in the DVD fiasco. Things were going smoothly until they dumped Fox for Lionsgate. Hopefully, with their new licensing arrangement, Henson will get a big-name distributor to release the fourth season properly.

A potential concern with that situation, however, would be how to carry over bonus material not completely owned by JHC.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Lionsgate was the reason they made such stupid decisions on the DVD release as of late. The retailors didn't want to sell any more Fraggle Merchandise because it wasn't a humongous splash. That's why the plush were never completed. So the DVD was the company's fault... but the plush wasn't Sababa's fault. They DID make the prototypes... it's up to them to make future series of merchandise, just not up to them to sell them.
No, i wasn't saying it was ONE company that had been making the plushes, and DVDs... just explaining the curse that they Have in not being able to have complete sets.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think HIT also had a hand in the DVD fiasco. Things were going smoothly until they dumped Fox for Lionsgate. Hopefully, with their new licensing arrangement, Henson will get a big-name distributor to release the fourth season properly.
Considering how FOX handled Inspector Gadget... a one disk 3 episode 15 dollar release they canceled anyway... I wouldn't be surprised if they wound up screwing HIT too. Lionsgate is never a good choice for DVD releases... they hold on to a license they haven't made money off of since Clinton left the White House (Dragonball's first 13 episodes)... they show interrest in releasing terrible sitcoms that no one would buy, since they rerun them constantly on Tv anyway 5 times a day (ABC's 2002- 2004 sitcoms)... and the one good thing they've done, the video quality looks like a bootleg, and they managed to miss 3 episodes for some reason (TMNT). I don't understand why they needed a partner to release anything, if they're a big world wide company....

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I don't understand why they needed a partner to release anything, if they're a big world wide company....
HIT may be "world wide," but their contemporaries (Warner Bros, Paramount, Fox, Lionsgate, etc) have much more reach and experience with home video - only one area of operations - than a smaller company who only dealt previously with single-disc DVDs. Jumping to box sets is pretty big.

If Brandolution produces any home video, they'll probably do the same thing.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Considering how FOX handled Inspector Gadget... a one disk 3 episode 15 dollar release they canceled anyway... I wouldn't be surprised if they wound up screwing HIT too. Lionsgate is never a good choice for DVD releases... they hold on to a license they haven't made money off of since Clinton left the White House (Dragonball's first 13 episodes)... they show interrest in releasing terrible sitcoms that no one would buy, since they rerun them constantly on Tv anyway 5 times a day (ABC's 2002- 2004 sitcoms)... and the one good thing they've done, the video quality looks like a bootleg, and they managed to miss 3 episodes for some reason (TMNT). I don't understand why they needed a partner to release anything, if they're a big world wide company....
Curious, as i own the season sets to TMNT... which season is missing episodes, and which three?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Curious, as i own the season sets to TMNT... which season is missing episodes, and which three?
One TV "movie" called "Planet of the Turtleoids" and an episode called "Once Upon a Time Machine." They're apparently confused about where to put them, since they have conflicting season episode guides. A lame excuse, since Season 1 came with 4 season 10 episodes.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
While still present on their corporate page, HIT Entertainment has removed Fraggle Rock from their press website, another confirmation that their work with the show and Henson is done.

http://www.hitnewsonline.com