Anyone Seen "300" Yet?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Is it thirteen? A lot of the Wizard magazines that my brother was throwing at me says that there were only twelve issues of Watchmen.:confused:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
...whoops. I was wrong. It's been a while since I last read it... I know what I was thinking of. It was the DC mini-series Crisis on Infinite Earths that was thirteen issues.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm still on the fence over whether to go see this or not. I loved the Chronicals of Riddick (which seems to be a good comparasion to this movie judging by trailers and images). Have any of you seen Riddick, and if so, does 300 compare?

Also, Gerard Butler was BRILLIANT as the Phantom of the Opera...let's not forget that.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I've seen Chronicles of Riddick, but 300 is nothing like that, at least in my opinion. If it seems that way, it's only because some directors may have based the materials in their films off of graphic novels like 300. The movie is actually inspired more from the events of the ancient Greek battle than the comic book itself.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ahhh. Is there any movie that you would compare it to? It's written by the same guy as V for Vendetta (right?) but persumably nothing like that movie.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Actually, Frank Miller wrote the graphic novel to 300. I'm not sure who wrote V for Vendetta. But if I were to compare it to any other film, in regards to the way it was developed and the amount of violence included, I'd have to say Sin City, Frank Miller's other popular graphic novel that became a successful movie adaptation.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
It was also Moore who created "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" comic book series.:smile:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Well, this isn't related to this thread that much, but it appears that Gerard Butler has signed on for a remake of John Carpenter's Escape from New York, originally starring Kurt Russell.

Judging from past Carpenter remakes, I can't say I approve of this. At least until a director is hired.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
I've always wanted to see Escape from New York. But of course it's rated R.:rolleyes: