Anyone Seen "300" Yet?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
That's a great movie. Its sequel isn't quite as good, but it does include an interesting cast of actors, from Steve Buscemi to Pam Grier.:smile:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
I heard it was, in part, the inspiration for Metal Gear Solid, ironically a game I've wanted to play but can't because of it's M-rating. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
It might be. The main protagonist in Metal Gear Solid is named Snake, so I wouldn't be too surprised.

crazed gonzo fa said:
I heard it was, in part, the inspiration for Metal Gear Solid, ironically a game I've wanted to play but can't because of it's M-rating. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
My goodness, C.G. How young are you?:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I used to know some guys who've watched R-rated films and played M-rated video games at that age. I played my first M-rated game at 14 and seen my first R-rated movie when I was 15.:smile:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
My parents were always fairly lenient about allowing me to watch R-rated movies and playing M-rated games and stuff. I saw my first R-rated movie at six (Terminator 2: Judgment Day) and played my first M-rated game (Metal Gear Solid) at eight.

I'm gonna change the subject (and since it's really just the three of us, I don't think anyone will care). I was thinking earlier about how a Metal Gear Solid movie was greenlit a few months ago. What do you guys think of Zack Snyder as a director? He's directed two (soon to be three) very different movies, and I think he could pull it off.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
With as much action as there had been in "300", I think Zack Snyder directing a movie adaptation to Metal Gear Solid would be great.:smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I saw this movie the first week it came out, and boy was I blown away. Simply a great fun movie, but gory as all ****! It's like in most movies (even horror movies) when someone gets their head or arm or leg chopped off, they flash it on screen just long enough to understand what it is, or change the lighting or color so it's just barely recognizeable. In 300, they actually slow it down and zoom in! This film was just spectacular.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I saw 300 on opening night and you know what, the movie stunk...

The first 30 minutes was a snore fest for me. It was that boring to the point I kept on looking at the clock on my cell phone.

Then the movie picked up with the Spartans battling the Persains.

But the movie itself was just horrible. It had corny lines, horrible acting, anf the characters were cardboard cutouts that lacked anything.

Plus I've seen too many epic movies like this one before that involve trying to save a kingdom and battling a group of people in order to preserve their home, their identity, etc.

2 out of 4 stars.