Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, here's what I don't get... Muffy picked bees for her project, Francine was a mosquito... why the heck were they taking notes on ants in another scene?
Maybe either one of them was working on ants to begin with, but later changed their minds? I don't know... after all, Buster was originally partnered with Arthur about his spider project before he went solo on termites.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe either one of them was working on ants to begin with, but later changed their minds? I don't know... after all, Buster was originally partnered with Arthur about his spider project before he went solo on termites.
From what I understand, Buster was doing termites to begin with, and Arthur needed him to participate in his project. Buster still would have had to have made a separate presentation AND the written report.

I guess it was just something the writers overlooked.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess it was just something the writers overlooked.
Probably... like how the relative Lucy who got married in Season One keeps going back and forth between being "Aunt Lucy" and "Cousin Lucy".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And now, let us take a dandy ol' look at the descriptions for this week's new episodes...

George meets a new friend who has Aspergers...

Prunella gets a new locker that's supposedly haunted...

Baby Kate finally learns to speak and can no longer communicate with Pal...

Arthur and the gang discover a "secret place" in the woods...

None of these sound worth-watching... except for maybe the Baby Kate episode... frankly, I always hated the episodes where Pal and Kate talk... I don't know why, I just did.

But I mean a haunted locker? A "secret place" in the woods? Again, I smell desperation and running out of ideas.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really dug the one where Arthur got disillusioned by Super Heroes. Even though it had a hint of "Commercial free Childhood" propaganda. If you ever read the book (or saw the movie) Watchmen, I just saw parallels between Arthur's disillusioned vision of Dark bunny and Veit (SP?). Even dug the reference to Underdog they put in there. But I LOVED how they mentioned Jack Kirby. Too bad they'd have to pay to actually show any of his stuff though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whaddya know, Drtooth's favorite episode's on today...

BANANA! ! !

wiley207

Reaction score
And now, let us take a dandy ol' look at the descriptions for this week's new episodes...

George meets a new friend who has Aspergers...

Prunella gets a new locker that's supposedly haunted...

Baby Kate finally learns to speak and can no longer communicate with Pal...

Arthur and the gang discover a "secret place" in the woods...

None of these sound worth-watching... except for maybe the Baby Kate episode... frankly, I always hated the episodes where Pal and Kate talk... I don't know why, I just did.

But I mean a haunted locker? A "secret place" in the woods? Again, I smell desperation and running out of ideas.

The Aspergers' episode was really good! Especially since I have it myself, I could relate to it.

I, too, am surprised "Arthur" is still going on. It started when I was in third grade, and now I am graduating college and they are STILL making new episodes!

Of course, I also love making YouTube Poops or Arthur :insatiable:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I, too, am surprised "Arthur" is still going on. It started when I was in third grade, and now I am graduating college and they are STILL making new episodes!
Same here. For me personally, though, it started when I was too young to remember it, possibly even before I was born.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Whaddya know, Drtooth's favorite episode's on today...

BANANA! ! !
I KNEW you were gonna say that.

Well, Arthur I feel came out years too late for me, but I still watched anyway. I was in middle school or so... or maybe first year high school. I remembered reading the books long, long ago. They were always my favorite... right up there with the Mr. Men (long before the US had a series... and I'm talking the UPN kids/syndicated one) and the Muppet and Sesame Street books. I was like, GREAT! NOW it becomes popular and NOW it has merchandise. Heck, I met Marc Brown at a book signing years and years ago, before I was 8. He autographed Arthur's Teacher Trouble and D.W. Swims for me, drawing the corresponding characters too. Wish I both the little action figury things they had. My sister did. She has both variations of the mother.

Of course, I also love making YouTube Poops or Arthur
Yes, and I like watching yours too. I made like a couple... there's one I made months ago I was too afraid to post (It has a clip of Doug in it... and I'm really cautious about Viacom)... But basically it was Buster whining about how Arthur broke his Mackerel Man... and take a wild guess what of Robotnik's got broken.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Is it just me, or did the last one kinda sound like Charlie Brown? That's the trouble with using real kid voices, you know... they go through puberty, their voices change. But I see what you mean... they all sound a little different, while DW sounds exactly the same. What I don't like is the new Sue Ellen voice... something's missing.

Anyway, even with the new episodes, the only episode I downright didn't like was that one about the Ocean Zone. I think that one had a new writer who just didn't get the tone of the characters down right.
I can never actually tell if the voice actors are kids or not. I haven't even noticed there was a new Sue Ellen voice actor... You got an episode reference so I can hear for myself?