Ask Ken at Palisades

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where Is Ken At Palisades ?

Originally posted by grail
If you REALLY want a reason to call me a nerd, let me tell you about the half-built server i have in my garage...
Thank you nerd.

:stick_out_tongue:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Where Is Ken At Palisades ?

if AOL works, but IE does not, then the problem may be your temp files...try going to:

start->settings->control panel->internet options

then:

settings->view files->edit (at top)->select all->file (at top)->delete

you may just have a bad cookie...that'll clear them ALL out. you'll have to log back in to MC (and anything else), but AOL uses a different cache file, so that would explain why it worked.

(can you tell i'm at work right now?)
I have a MAC...any suggestions how to do it that way? This be IBM speak...

grail

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Where Is Ken At Palisades ?

Originally posted by ResidentLilly
I have a MAC...any suggestions how to do it that way? This be IBM speak...
grr...frickin MACs...yeah, let's see...

you said explorer earlier, so i'm assuming you're on IE 5 try:

edit->preferences->receiving files->cookies

there should be a listing there to clear temporary or cache files. thats what you want to do...

sorry, i don't remember what the actual wording is...i'm not a Mac user myself...

grail

Reaction score
ahem...i should have started with "open IE" you have to do it from the browser screen...

sorry about the Mac comment, as i started to type that last one out, i got a call from a cust that was on Mac OS7 and i had to set up free PPP...and she wasn't too on the ball about it...

did i mention my job frustrates me?

let me know if it doesn't work, and i'll do what i can for troubleshooting...

grail

Reaction score
i work for a company called Telamon (no pokemon jokes please). we do tech support for Motorola: cable modems, simplefi, cable booster, and canopy systems, Com21 cable modems, an ISP called Netnitco here in Indiana, an ISP called VISP that goes over most of the country under various different names, and SBC's ISDN tech support.

i think that's it...i can't remember any of the other projects right now.(and yes, i do all those projects myself, thecompany as a whole does more, but those are what i do)

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
i work for a company called Telamon (no pokemon jokes please).
Accually, that sounds more like a Digimon character than Pokemon. So... WHY AM I OPENLY ADMITTING THAT KNOW THIS?!!!

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Crazy Harry
Accually, that sounds more like a Digimon character than Pokemon. So... WHY AM I OPENLY ADMITTING THAT KNOW THIS?!!!
NERD!

Joe

Reaction score
i work for a company called Telamon (no pokemon jokes please). we do tech support for Motorola: cable modems, simplefi, cable booster, and canopy systems, Com21 cable modems, an ISP called Netnitco here in Indiana, an ISP called VISP that goes over most of the country under various different names, and SBC's ISDN tech support.

i think that's it...i can't remember any of the other projects right now.(and yes, i do all those projects myself, thecompany as a whole does more, but those are what i do)
Telamon I choose you!!! ok, couldn't help myself, sorry. it does sound more like a digimon though...

I was on the phone with SBC tech support the other day, if anyone has SBC internet service (or something owned by them, like prodigy, southwestern bell, etc.) and they send you the disc to upgrade to SBC Yahoo! Dial, DO NOT upgrade yet! you'll have tons of problems with it until SBC straightens it out (they released it early)

Joe