Battle Within: The Spider-Man 3 Thread (Spoilers Ahead!)

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Thanks! The Spider-Man 2.1 DVD looks kind of... pointless. 8 minutes? I'd think it be more worth my money if it was 30 minutes, or at least 15. Is it "unrated" for a good reason, or is that just to attract people? Any way, just sharing my opinions.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Well, it's only $12.99 in stores right now, so it wouldn't be so much of a total loss if you get it and be disappointed by what you see. It does feature some terrific additional footage from the Spidey/Ock fight sequences, so that's good. Besides, action scenes go by pretty quick, especially ones in the Spider-Man films. So most of those minutes could be reserved for additional footage for scenes like Hal Sparks's elevator scene wtih Spidey, Harry showing some sympathy over his friendship with Peter (long before he finds out he's really Spider-Man), and Spidey taking on those crooks that delay his arrival for MJ's play.

I got my copy of it today, so I really can't wait to watch those scenes. As far as the "Unrated" thing, most DVDs that are extended cut versions to movies won't be rated. Only on occasions like extended cuts to raunchy movies like American Pie or White Chicks will they be unrated for a special purpose.:smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I was in a local store yesterday when I stopped, jaw-hanging, at the sight of a Spiderman action figure sold with a villian...LIZARD. The packaging stated, "Spider-man 3!" and it was definatly a tie-in product. So...WHY Lizard? Is he in the movie??? I know he's in the computer-game. Is it possible that he's there for ajust a short time at the beginning or end? What oh what is the news on him?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
One of the things that makes the new "Spider-Man 2.1" DVD really worth getting is the infamous and hilarious deleted scene involving J. Jonah Jameson actually putting on the Spidey costume (after Peter dumped it in the garbage). I haven't watched my copy of the DVD yet (I've only watched Wal-Mart's bonus disc showing a short look on the villains of the next film), but I hear it's one of the additional scenes for the extended cut.

I was in a local store yesterday when I stopped, jaw-hanging, at the sight of a Spiderman action figure sold with a villian...LIZARD. The packaging stated, "Spider-man 3!" and it was definatly a tie-in product. So...WHY Lizard? Is he in the movie??? I know he's in the computer-game. Is it possible that he's there for ajust a short time at the beginning or end? What oh what is the news on him?
Actually, Beau, if you look at the package again, it says only "Spider-Man". I got that figurine on my birthday earlier this month. It's only something that helps promote the new movie, which The Lizard won't be in (unfortunately).

Though I am writing the classic Spidey villain into my own version of Spider-Man 3 for the fanfic forum, along with Scorpion, Hydro-Man, Electro, Shocker, and Black Cat.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
For those who were watching "The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno" earlier tonight, with Tobey Maguire being the first guest (can anyone believe that footage of himself at an early age with Rodney Dangerfield and the story with Liv Tyler? lol!), you might've noticed the cool Peter/Harry fight scene on the show, featuring additional footage.

Well, here's a site that contains that same scene, as well as other never-before-seen scenes from the upcoming movie (including the birth of Venom scene).:smile:

7 New Spider-Man 3 Clips!!