Battle Within: The Spider-Man 3 Thread (Spoilers Ahead!)

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
It's official now - Sony plans to do fourth, fifth, and sixth Spider-Man installments. No word yet on whether or not Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire, or Kirsten Dunst would return. The least likely, at this point, would be Maguire.

What would your hopes for these new installments be? I would dearly love to see the Lizard be the focus on a film, with Dylan Baker of course playing Dr. Curt Connors/the Lizard. And Mysterio would be fab.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Yeah. Mysterio and Lizard are two villains I would definitely like to see in one of those installments. Maybe Kraven the Hunter, Hydro-Man, Electro, Shocker, and Scorpion as well.:smile:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
It's gonna be hard to top Sandman, Harry, and Venom all in one movie... maybe Venom will be Spidey's big nemesis in the fourth film as opposed to one of three.

Of course, this is all assuming that Raimi, Maguire, and Dunst return. I don't know how excited I would be if that dynamic was broken in any way. Probably pretty angry.

Then again, Sam Raimi is who New Line wants to direct The Hobbit, and were that to happen, and he had Peter Jackson's personal approval... well, we'll see.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Yeah, Lizard would be awesome to see especially after the dissapointment of Spider-Man 2. Carnage would be awesome! Or maybe a crossover movie!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
In the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, Kirsten Dunst says if Maguire or Raimi don't return to Spidey, she won't either. But she also thinks a new actor and director would be a mistake.

It's disrespectful to the whole team, I think, to do that. And audiences aren't stupid. It'd be a big flop without me, Tobey, or Sam. That would be really not the smartest move. But they know that already. Amy Pascal [co-chair of Sony Pictures] would never do that. -- Kirsten Dunst

In another interview in the same magazine, Dunst offers her own vision for Spidey 4...

The idea I had for the fourth Spider-Man is to do it low-budget. Do the special effects kind of janky, like Evil Dead-style. Mary Jane gets pregnant and has, like, eight babies--like a spider would. The movie would be kind of like Rosemary's Baby. You'd lose some of your kid audience, but you'd get this whole other audience. And you'd make so much money. You'd spend what, like, $10 million at the most? They could go back to Sam Raimi's original kind of vibe. I propsed it to Sam. I think he might be into it. Also, I think we should set it at the time the original comics first came out. That would be really interesting. --Kirsten Dunst

Meanwhile, Dunst has been hand-picked by Deborah Harry of Blondie to star in a biopic about her life. Wonder if she'll do her own singing?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
The idea I had for the fourth Spider-Man is to do it low-budget. Do the special effects kind of janky, like Evil Dead-style. Mary Jane gets pregnant and has, like, eight babies--like a spider would. The movie would be kind of like Rosemary's Baby. You'd lose some of your kid audience, but you'd get this whole other audience. And you'd make so much money. You'd spend what, like, $10 million at the most? They could go back to Sam Raimi's original kind of vibe. I proposed it to Sam. I think he might be into it. Also, I think we should set it at the time the original comics first came out. That would be really interesting. --Kirsten Dunst
I would love, absolutely love to hear Raimi's thoughts on this.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Thank you. I recently got to see a trailer online. It was one that showed mainly Spider-Man fighting Green Goblin. It had some neat shots of Venom around the end.