1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Battle Within: The Spider-Man 3 Thread (Spoilers Ahead!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by muppetwriter, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

Probably something like People or Entertainment Weekly:rolleyes:
  2. Winslow Leach

Yes, Gwen does die in the books, but it's been so long since I've actually read a Spidey comic, I forget exactly what caused her demise. I remember Peter being extremely devastated and haunted over her death, though. Maybe dabauckham can give a much more detailed explanation.

Actually, I was surprised Gwen wasn't introduced in the first film. I was surprised it took this long to bring her in.

And I loved the opening credits for the first two Spidey films, especially part 2. The credits for this one sound like the best ones yet!

Ya know, I have a day off from work tomorrow, and all this talk about the film...maybe I'll take in a matinee.
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Gwen dies in the Green goblin ultimatum, with him dropping a lot of people and Gwen (MJ as shown in the movie). Spiderman caught her, but she died. I think. I'm pretty sure that's what happened.
  4. dabauckham

dabauckham Member

You got it right. I gotta run out the door, so I can't write more now, but yeah, Beau...that's pretty much what happened. Spidey tries to web her as she's falling, and in the process her neck snaps. There's a nice collection of the story (which is quite good) called "The Death of Gwen Stacy" I'd recommend it to anyone remotely interested in Green Goblin and/or Gwen Stacy. It's not only the death of Gwen Stacy, it's also the death of you know who from the 1st movie....

Later, y'all! :)
  5. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Going back to Sofia Coppola - the only thing she's ever done that I enjoyed was the music video for The Flaming Lips' This Here Giraffe.
  6. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

747 million, it's the 22nd biggest movie of all time! You adjust Gone With The Wind for inflation, and that's a different story, but I don't want to get into that.:D
  7. Winslow Leach

Veddy interesting...
  8. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Winslow, have you peeped it yet?
  9. Winslow Leach

Um...(bows head in shame)

no...:o
  10. dabauckham

dabauckham Member

Eh, no worries, Winslow. It's not like the movie is leaving the box office anytime soon. ;) Incidentally, anyone seen the new Shrek movie? I've heard very mixed things about it.
  11. Winslow Leach

Yeah, I'm sure Spidey 3 will still be playing at the theatre I frequent in August.

I've heard a lot of negativity about Shrek 3. There's a thread here, the one about Wal-Mart spoiling the film. Krazedmuppet gives her thoughts on the flick.
  12. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

122 million in the first weekend for Shrek the third. Not bad for a movie with not so good reviews. But with Memorial day coming up, Wow knows how that will go?:smirk:
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

With 802 million, it's currently the 16th biggest movie of all time not adjusted for inflation.
  14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Wow! It's the 10th biggest movie of all time!
  15. IgorPonweed

IgorPonweed New Member

No way! Way!
  16. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Way! Not adjusted for inflation.