Battle Within: The Spider-Man 3 Thread (Spoilers Ahead!)

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Here's some news that's been out for quite a while.

You can now listen to the entire Spider-Man 3 soundtrack, which features a few great songs like Snow Patrol's "Signal Fire" and others. My favorites are "Sealings" by the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs and "Move Away".

Check it out. It's pretty awesome.:big_grin:

Spider-Man 3 Soundtrack

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
AND GALACTUS IS A CLOUD. A FREAKING STUPID CLOUD.
Relax that turned out to be a false rumor. The studio issued a statement debunking this story and stating that the supposed test screening where this was discovered never took place.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Relax that turned out to be a false rumor. The studio issued a statement debunking this story and stating that the supposed test screening where this was discovered never took place.
I haven't heard anything about that. A report was sent in to Ain't It Cool News from someone who had read the novelization, and said that Galactus was indeed a cloud.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well I suppose he 'reigns' with a heavy hand...

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I dunno. I desperately want a solo Silver Surfer film to be made... but Fox owns the character now, and you can't have a Silver Surfer without Galactus, and they also own Galactus, and now he's a cloud, and...

I hate life.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*laughs* Is it not entirely possible that he changes form from time to time? I don't know much about the Silver Surfer's story myself, but if they made a solo movie, I'm sure a lot would change. Similar to the fact that Beast appeared in different forms throughout the X-men trilogy, and Sadowcat had three actresses. There's nothing to say that if they wanted Galactus to be a more powerfull looking character in fuure, he could shift forms to that of...whatever he should be.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Doug Jones (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy) plays the Surfer himself through motion capture. Laurence Fishburne is the voice.
Thanks for clearing this up Speed Tracer. That seems kind of unfair for Doug Jones.

I desperately hope you're right. Reminds me of how Galactus was a giant eyeball with tentacles in Marvel Mangaverse.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing this up Speed Tracer. That seems kind of unfair for Doug Jones.
Well, Doug Jones isn't primarily a voice actor. His main bag is acting under layers and layers of make-up, or through motion capture, and stuff. He has done some voice acting (mainly in the Hellboy: Animated films), but he's always acted through movement, not voice.

Beauregard said:
*laughs* Is it not entirely possible that he changes form from time to time? I don't know much about the Silver Surfer's story myself, but if they made a solo movie, I'm sure a lot would change. Similar to the fact that Beast appeared in different forms throughout the X-men trilogy, and Sadowcat had three actresses. There's nothing to say that if they wanted Galactus to be a more powerfull looking character in fuure, he could shift forms to that of...whatever he should be.
This is true... then again, the appearances made by Kitty and "Beast" were more for the fun of actually seeing them onscreen, even if for a brief second. This is Galactus, a major player in Silver Surfer's origin (which happens to be featured in Fantastic Four #48-50, which this movie is supposedly based on). A major player who has been known to longtime fans as a giant purple planet eater, and will now be known as a giant friggin' cloud.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh gosh! I could not be more excited about F4-2!!! (And this from someone who hated F4-1!!!) It looks amazing!