CGI Muppet Babies Show?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I still say the Muppet story began when Little James M. Henson discovered the Medium of Television. and began doing a short local program. He later made a puppet out of a green coat who would become Kermit the Frog.

>>Has anyone seen that new Christmas movie out on DVD? The one that uses the classic disney characters? It's in CGI and looks pretty cool. I'd love a muppet babies show done like this. They could even make the babies look like puppets by adding fur and stuff. I think this new movie shows that Disney likes CGI and will use it<<

I disagree... mainly because Huey, Dewy, and Louie look absolutely horrid! :eek:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Has anyone seen that new Christmas movie out on DVD? The one that uses the classic disney characters? It's in CGI and looks pretty cool. I'd love a muppet babies show done like this. They could even make the babies look like puppets by adding fur and stuff. I think this new movie shows that Disney likes CGI and will use it
I agree, the style of animation used in this special was great. Some characters did look slightly different but the charm and story was still there and it did look awesome.

It was not about the revolutionary CGI to make it look "real" (yet it did not look cheap or cheezy), it was about keeping true to the classic animation. I am sure the muppet babies would look awesome in this style. :excited:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Doctor Teeth said:
I've always cherished the Muppet Movie, and have thought of it as the true Muppet History. While Muppet Babies are waay far off.
Muppet Babies does not fit into the "Muppet TimeLine", but it was not ment to. It was based on the "what if.." dream in Muppets take Manhattan...it is just a fun, entertaining, "what if"...not true Muppet history.

Doctor Teeth said:
Can You say: LooneyTune Babies?
Remember Muppet Babies was the first successful show to take characters and put them togeather as babies/children. Looney Tunes Babies, Flintstone Kids, a Pup Named Scooby-Doo, and so one were all in the wake of Muppet Babies!

christyb

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Remember Muppet Babies was the first successful show to take characters and put them togeather as babies/children. Looney Tunes Babies, Flintstone Kids, a Pup Named Scooby-Doo, and so one were all in the wake of Muppet Babies!
Your forgetting the ever popular Rugrats (which is a complete copy of MB), Jungle Cubs (based on the characters in The Jungle Book), and ohhh I could go on and on.....

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
christyb said:
Your forgetting the ever popular Rugrats (which is a complete copy of MB), Jungle Cubs (based on the characters in The Jungle Book), and ohhh I could go on and on.....
Yeah there were a lot more. Rugrats was slightly different; as the baby version came first followed by a grown up version. But it was still based on the idea of the "baby cartoon", something Muppet Babies reinvented and made popular.

T

timrikthegorf

I think the CGI style will look good if they try to make them look like puppets with texture. If not, it won't really be all that bad. Turning 2d cartoons into CGI seems to be the thing to do now. It's happening to Popeye (spelling?) for a new movie coming out soon. It's really not that bad of a mix. It's the same look only bumpier. We've all seen 2d cartoons in a 3d style when we see action figures. I guess that's why it's not that much of a shock.

McFraggle

Reaction score
It grows on you. But the Disney movie characters do look pretty good.

christyb

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
It grows on you. But the Disney movie characters do look pretty good.
CGI might not be such a bad idea if they do it right. Like what Mcfraggle says look at Disney and Pixar. They seem to have the formula down right.