1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Classic Sesame Clips on Youtube

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Al Hempker, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion. Though I was hoping to find it online, rather than spending a lot of money on that, but it's something to think about.
  2. MarioZone69 is back.

MarioZone69 is back as MarioZoneAlt69. And now, The Birdcall Boogie is back on Youtube. :cool:
  3. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

4. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

5. dinoboy

dinoboy Member

Do you think that Sesame Workshop knows about their classic SS clips posted onto youtube? Could that be the reason why they didn't include those classic clips within their official more sunny times website?
  6. Canadian Fan

Canadian Fan Member

I love watching Bob sing 'Good Morning, Starshine' with a bunch of hippie muppets. Who knew Bob was a cool guy. I also like 'Gimme Five' with the 1970's groovy disco music.
  7. Mister Fred 1

Mister Fred 1 New Member

When I discovered you tube about 2 or 3 years ago, I was so glad to find many old clips of Sesame Street. Soon after, I got Sesame Street old school Volume 2 and now I want Volume 1. SO MANY great memories when looking at these clips on you tube. Here are some of my favorites:
    1. POCKETS
    2. The count counting letters to himself
    3. The bridgekeeper - circles
    4. Pinball count
    5. how cheese is made
    6. all the Don Music clips

There are way too many more to list!
  8. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. Oh no!

Dfirebird3 got suspended, again! I think it was Lionsgate that claimed his Sesame Street materials. :mad::eek::boo:
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah... we're gonna all have to find new video providers.

Really... Lionsgate may have given us some nice specials for a year (and absolutely nothing now.... Hmmmmm) but they should get OVER themselves. They claim THEME songs! THEME SONGS! Anything that's breifly on one of their videos that THEY DON'T OWN they claim.

Anyone ever the heck heard of Contains content FROM disclaimers? (only video I could think of that had such disclaimer... I give Classic media NOTHING but credit for their "contains content" stuff. They put it on 2 of my YTP's and didn't force me to take them down or kill my account... YET).
  11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Um. Who? Really, there's no need to make a big fuss over someone who uploads like one or two Sesame videos.
  12. Let's Hope that Lionsgate does not ban the official Sesame Street Youtube account.

I looked at YouTomb. I found out one of the Sesame Street clip that Dfirebird3 posted was blocked due to a copyright claim by Lionsgate Entertainment. The video reads "This Video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Lionsgate Entertainment." And that terminated his account. When I clicked on Dfirebird3's account, It reads "Dfirebird3 has been terminated because we repeatly received third-party claims of copyright infridgement reguarding the material the user posted." So that is why Dfirebird3 got suspended. I hope the Official Sesame Street Youtube account does not get suspended by Lionsgate Entertainment. :mad::eek::boo:
  13. Oscarfan

All his videos would have that same tag, because that's what his main account was blocked for.
  14. Drtooth

Which specific clip?

Seriously, posting full episodes available somewhere else is one thing, but to have a clip blocked because all of 30 seconds are on a compilation just doesn't make any sense at all. it's not taking away from the video's profits, it's not stopping someone from buying anything... and the "contains content" feature goes completely unused.
  15. zns

zns Active Member

16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi... Currently looking for a sketch where an Anything Muppet that I dubbed as the "Catherine O'Hara Muppet" talks about the number 11, writes it on a chalkboard, and explains that it looks the same upside-down by having the set turned upside-down.
    If anyone remembers this sketch, I'm more in need of a descript of the character herself. Thanks, hope to get some replies soon. :batty:
  17. Oscarfan

That's not going to happen. Chill out.
  18. sesameguy

sesameguy Member

There's a picture of her on this Muppet Wiki page (although she's upside-down). :) I'm guessing she was voiced by Fran Brill. She had a flighty, happy personality & was very pleased to draw the number 11 for us. Her first word in the sketch is a cheery "Hello!" I recall seeing both the English and Spanish versions of the skit. This is the only sketch that I recall with her.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_1800
  19. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkav2kjB0qc
    Love it!
  20. Drtooth

(Snickers)... really... anyone thinking that would happen is ridiculous... BUT I'd like to see the companies wind up butting heads over something. The fact they claim anything and everything they have on DVD, even if it's a brief clip or WORSE... just the theme song is really sticking in my craw. Full episodes FINE... they have every right there. But clips? How is that NOT free advertising for something? Half the clips of something I've ever seen only wet my appetite for buying the box sets.