Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Ziffel

Reaction score
A little hard for me to enjoy the clips when they are in a language I can't understand. A few days ago I viewed a Dutch one with a classic Ernie and Bert sketch where Ernie was thirsty and imagining he was drinking a glass of water (and then further disturbs Bert by imagining he's eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich). So even though it was neat to see this skit again, it would have been so much more fun in English. But yeah, Dantecat, at least getting to see them, especially if it's ones we haven't seen for years, is still something. :smile:
We've got quite a nice collection of classic SS clips built up on youtube now. I love to browse through the entire videos and replay some of the previously uploaded ones (like I just played the classic "Adding is putting together" skit with the groovy anything muppet and CM). And often I like to click on catchy song ones to listen to while I'm doing other things online (like the kangaroo song by Joe Raposo and the Sammy the Snake song). :smile:
And, of course, that'll be great when we get the classic SS dvds soon and will see tons more clips, as well as all those great street scenes. And on our big screen televisons!

Ziffel

Reaction score
The Ernie and Bert skit with the pizza and grape juice is there now. This is one of those skits where I felt sorry for Bert. It's a very similar skit to the licorice whip candy one. But I guess I found the licorice one a little funnier. The ending had that funny fast paced closing music, whereas in this pizza/grape juice one it had one of those sadder sounding music closes. And Bert was funny with his exasperation at the end of the licorice one when Ernie kept eating both pieces of licorice. But in this one poor Bert looked so dejected and said, "Enjoy it Ernie" in such a sad way as Ernie munches on Bert's entire pizza slice. I think adding to my feeling sorry for Bert in this one was the fact that it was his entire lunch that Ernie ate, but at least in the licorice one Bert was only being deprived of some candy (which he didn't even know was coming in the first place. Ernie had surprised Bert by bringing some home for the two [well, really one, of course!] of them.
But don't get my wrong. I still enjoyed this skit. It was just one of them (along with the "blackout" skit and the "Bert is sick" skit that I felt bad for our ol' buddy Bert). :frown:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Not quite: this appears to be the game show that "had no ending" where a monster chose a cookie rather than a trip to Hawaii. Sesame Street liked the idea of a "cookie monster", so they kept the character, and changed the puppet to the one we know today.

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
is there by any chance a clip of the 2-part skit where Cookie sleeps over Ernie's and has a nightmare about floating, singing cookies?

~Dana~

Dantecat

Reaction score
Which of course including the 2 except for the Pinball Number Count 3 are the 2 that some of you might not seen them.:cool:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have a long list of favorites now at YouTube, most of which are classic Sesame Street clips!

God bless YouTube!