Classic SS Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Guess I'll go ahead and post the questions from the second four episodes on Cassette IV.

Episode 2834: Forrest Wimbledon Plays at Birdland.
26 The main focus of this episode is Hoots' holding an Open Stage Night at Birdland to promote new acts. This guy named Forrest Wimbledon comes in to audition, and basically refines his sax playing skills while practicing and getting tips from Hoots and Jelani.
Looking for information on this guy, name of the actor who portrayed him if possible, and whether he should be added to the list.
27 Looking for information on whether and how to add the Birdland Houseband Members.
28 Zelda, this girl appeared with Grover in a sketch explaining Above and Below.
Should she be added to the list?
29 There's an entry on the list for The Count's Swing Band. My question is, are these the AMs who showed up in the background of the song performed by The Count and Lillian, "Transylvania 1-2-3-4-5"?
If so, should they be renamed to The Count's All Bat Band (or All-Bat Band), since that's how they were refered to on the show?

Episode 2895: Ernest Visits Oscar.
30 Ernest the Grouch, Oscar's Brother.
Seems he was voiced by Jerry, should he be added?
31 Nathan, this was a kid who played the game of One of These Things with Gordon, Gina, Oscar, and Ernest.
Should he be added? Is this the character MuppetDude believed to be named "Nat"? Or would they be two different characters altogether?

Monsterpiece Theater: The Taming of the Shoe.
32 Should Grovero be added to the list?
33 Should The Shoe be added to the list?
Also, from Episode 2980...
34 Should The Old Man and the C be added, even though it was Grover again?
Also, from Episode 2487...
35 Should The King and i be added since this was Grover again?

Episode 2980: Lambs and Teeth.
36 The episode starts out with four lambs, two voiced by David Rudman and Joey Mazzarino. They sing this song about how there are always four of them no matter what silly trick they do.
Should they be added? If so, under what heading/name?
Bob reads the kids the story of The King Who Wasted Paper.
37 King Wastable V. Or is it "Wasteable"?
38 Sir Paper Maker.
39 Lord Tree.
Should these all be added?
40 If so, then how would it be best to add the Birds and the AM Kid/Kids who showed up in the story as well?
Chris and the Alphabeats show up at a day care to sing a song, not sure if the title's "Go Baby Go!" or "Rock and Roll Lullaby".
41 Should the Babies who appear here be added?
42 What about the AM woman who seemed to be in charge of the Day Care Center?
43 The Toothpaste Fairy, looking for information and whether she should be added.
44 The little girl who lost her tooth and showed it to María, was her name Alexia? Is this the same girl already listed as "Alex"?

Episode 3009: Elmo Practices Saying No.
Here is Your Life, Bread!
45 Loaf of Bread.
46 Carol the Baker.
47 Cora Cow.
48 Farmer Frankie.
Should these be added?
49 Betty Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich.
50 Melissa Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich.
Should these be added? If so, should they be individual entires or added together as introduced in the sketch?
51 Danielle French Toast.
52 Yvette French Toast. Or is it Ivette?
Should these be added? If so, should they be added individually or together as introduced in the sketch?
From the song "You've Got To Ask Some Questions" sung by Randy Travis.
53 Billy Bob.
54 Samantha Sue.
55 Mary Jo.
56 Jimmy, Mary Jo's Brother.
57 Mary Jo's pet dog?
58 Harry.
59 Harry's Party Friends.
Should all of these be added?
60 Got the song starring the Divine Miss M. However, she's introduced as The Sublime Miss M. My question, should the entry be changed from "Divine" to "Sublime"? Also, at one point she says that without the letter M, we wouldn't have her. So would it be fair to have her listed in the S's as The Sublime Miss M? Or would it be better to have her in the M's as Miss M?
61, 62 and 63 Miss M's backup singers, she says they're the "MIeettes" not sure on the spelling. They include Millie, Mora, and Madeline.
Should they be added?
64 There's a song Big Bird sings about how everybody in his family could roller skate except for him, till he practiced and learned how. There was some AM kid or monster named Frankie. Looking for how he differs from Frankie Monster from the song "Love The Ocean", and whether he should be added.
65 From this same song sung by Big Bird, there's a girl named Kelly? learning to skate. Should she be added?

OK, think I'll stop here and wait for some replies before moving on to the episodes in my fifth VHS cassette. Hope you guys have a good day, and hope to hear from you soon to start clearing some of this away.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
First of all, your descriptions of what's on your tapes are making me drool all over the keyboard. :eek:

Episode 2834: Forrest Wimbledon Plays at Birdland.
26 The main focus of this episode is Hoots' holding an Open Stage Night at Birdland to promote new acts. This guy named Forrest Wimbledon comes in to audition, and basically refines his sax playing skills while practicing and getting tips from Hoots and Jelani.
Looking for information on this guy, name of the actor who portrayed him if possible, and whether he should be added to the list.

I don't remember seeing this episode.

27 Looking for information on whether and how to add the Birdland Houseband Members.

See previous answer.

28 Zelda, this girl appeared with Grover in a sketch explaining Above and Below.
Should she be added to the list?

I've only seen her in insert segments not on the street.

29 There's an entry on the list for The Count's Swing Band. My question is, are these the AMs who showed up in the background of the song performed by The Count and Lillian, "Transylvania 1-2-3-4-5"?
If so, should they be renamed to The Count's All Bat Band (or All-Bat Band), since that's how they were refered to on the show?

If that's what they're called, then yes. They're a group of AM people dressed as bats and capes.

Episode 2895: Ernest Visits Oscar.
30 Ernest the Grouch, Oscar's Brother.
Seems he was voiced by Jerry, should he be added?
31 Nathan, this was a kid who played the game of One of These Things with Gordon, Gina, Oscar, and Ernest.
Should he be added? Is this the character MuppetDude believed to be named "Nat"? Or would they be two different characters altogether?

Which Nat did I mention?

Monsterpiece Theater: The Taming of the Shoe.
32 Should Grovero be added to the list?
33 Should The Shoe be added to the list?
Also, from Episode 2980...
34 Should The Old Man and the C be added, even though it was Grover again?
Also, from Episode 2487...
35 Should The King and i be added since this was Grover again?

Yes. Yes. Yes. How would you list Grover in "King and I"?

Episode 2980: Lambs and Teeth.
36 The episode starts out with four lambs, two voiced by David Rudman and Joey Mazzarino. They sing this song about how there are always four of them no matter what silly trick they do.
Should they be added? If so, under what heading/name?

I love that segment. How about the "Four Lambs" from the song of the same name?

Bob reads the kids the story of The King Who Wasted Paper.
37 King Wastable V. Or is it "Wasteable"?
38 Sir Paper Maker.
39 Lord Tree.
Should these all be added?
40 If so, then how would it be best to add the Birds and the AM Kid/Kids who showed up in the story as well?

I don't remember this sketch very well.

Chris and the Alphabeats show up at a day care to sing a song, not sure if the title's "Go Baby Go!" or "Rock and Roll Lullaby".
41 Should the Babies who appear here be added?
42 What about the AM woman who seemed to be in charge of the Day Care Center?

Two of the babies are Irvine and Natasha. I think the rest were AMs. I prefer the title "Rock & Roll Lullaby".

43 The Toothpaste Fairy, looking for information and whether she should be added.
44 The little girl who lost her tooth and showed it to María, was her name Alexia? Is this the same girl already listed as "Alex"?

Can't remember seeing them.

Episode 3009: Elmo Practices Saying No.
Here is Your Life, Bread!
45 Loaf of Bread.
46 Carol the Baker.
47 Cora Cow.
48 Farmer Frankie.
Should these be added?
49 Betty Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich.
50 Melissa Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich.
Should these be added? If so, should they be individual entires or added together as introduced in the sketch?
51 Danielle French Toast.
52 Yvette French Toast. Or is it Ivette?
Should these be added? If so, should they be added individually or together as introduced in the sketch?

I believe Carol was a green AM with blond hair. Cora Cow was the Gladys puppet and Farmer Frankie was an orange AM farmer. I guess the rest would be individual. I'd go with Yvette; it's the only spelling of it I'm aware of.

From the song "You've Got To Ask Some Questions" sung by Randy Travis.
53 Billy Bob.
54 Samantha Sue.
55 Mary Jo.
56 Jimmy, Mary Jo's Brother.
57 Mary Jo's pet dog
58 Harry.
59 Harry's Party Friends.
Should all of these be added?

Sounds okay to me.

60 Got the song starring the Divine Miss M. However, she's introduced as The Sublime Miss M. My question, should the entry be changed from "Divine" to "Sublime"? Also, at one point she says that without the letter M, we wouldn't have her. So would it be fair to have her listed in the S's as The Sublime Miss M? Or would it be better to have her in the M's as Miss M?

I'd keep her in the "M" section, since she is associated with that letter, and it's a descritpion of her character and a reference to Bette Midler (I think).

61, 62 and 63 Miss M's backup singers, she says they're the "MIeettes" not sure on the spelling. They include Millie, Mora, and Madeline.
Should they be added?

Sure, but I think it's "Mona" instead of "Mora", but I don't remember.

64 There's a song Big Bird sings about how everybody in his family could roller skate except for him, till he practiced and learned how. There was some AM kid or monster named Frankie. Looking for how he differs from Frankie Monster from the song "Love The Ocean", and whether he should be added.
65 From this same song sung by Big Bird, there's a girl named Kelly? learning to skate. Should she be added?

Wow. I haven't seen this in a very long time. Lucky guy. I think Frankie was a lavendar AM. I don't remember Kelly.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... And there's still another eight more episodes to go on these tapes. Guess I'll have to send 'em to you again, no prob.
OK, added most of what you were able to clear up in that post MD.

Few things...
The singer's name is Bette Middler, and yes, Miss M was a reference and spoof of her.
Since it was a lowercase "i", I'd add it along with Grover's king character as "The King and i".
However, should this and all the other Monsterpiece Theater characters have that sketch's title added to their entries?
Example: Grovero (SS, from Monsterpiece Theater: The Taming of the Shoe")

And on that subject... Should the shoe Grovero already had on with its eyes closed and dormant be added, as "The Tamed Shoe" mayhaps?

From the song You've Got to ask some Questions.
There was an AM girl named Betty Lou in the first vignet/verse. Was this the same Betty Lou we've had from SS?
From Here is Your Life, Bread!:
There was an AM voiced by Jerry at the beginning who brought the Loaf. Should he be added? Under what heading?
From the song "Rock and Roll Lullaby":
Should the remaining babies be added?
Should the AM daycare caretaker woman be added? If so, under what heading?

Oh, and don't forget to go back to my last few posts on the previous page, #88-90 for the other questions that need answering. Hope to hear from you soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Heh... And there's still another eight more episodes to go on these tapes.

Argh!! :eek:

However, should this and all the other Monsterpiece Theater characters have that sketch's title added to their entries?
Example: Grovero (SS, from Monsterpiece Theater: The Taming of the Shoe")

And on that subject... Should the shoe Grovero already had on with its eyes closed and dormant be added, as "The Tamed Shoe" mayhaps?

Maybe.

From the song You've Got to ask some Questions.
There was an AM girl named Betty Lou in the first vignet/verse. Was this the same Betty Lou we've had from SS?

Yep, blond braids and all.

From Here is Your Life, Bread!:
There was an AM voiced by Jerry at the beginning who brought the Loaf. Should he be added? Under what heading?

Believe it or not, I think he reappears in show 871, delivering furniture. He was a lavendar AM with a big round nose, sleepy eyes, brown moustache and hair, and brown clothes and hat. I don't know how to list him.

From the song "Rock and Roll Lullaby":
Should the remaining babies be added?
Should the AM daycare caretaker woman be added? If so, under what heading?

Sure. How about "Day Care Owner (SS, from "Rock and Roll Lullaby)"?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... As for the guy from Here is Your Life, Bread! was thinking of Bread Delivery Boy, Guy, or Man.
Should the babies from the Rock & Roll Lullaby be added, except for Irvine and Natasha as pointed out above?
As for Nathan/Nat, you said that the Season 4 Alphabet Cast intro had a kid named Nat for the letter N, when it was really a girl named Nancy. You said that you were probably thinking of someone else named Nat, but couldn't remember. Just asking if this kid named Nathan from 2895 is the "Nat" you were thinking of.
As for Miss M's backup singers, how is their group name correctly spelled?
Hope to hear from you soon, have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Well... As for the guy from Here is Your Life, Bread! was thinking of Bread Delivery Boy, Guy, or Man.
Should the babies from the Rock & Roll Lullaby be added, except for Irvine and Natasha as pointed out above?

I guess.

As for Nathan/Nat, you said that the Season 4 Alphabet Cast intro had a kid named Nat for the letter N, when it was really a girl named Nancy. You said that you were probably thinking of someone else named Nat, but couldn't remember. Just asking if this kid named Nathan from 2895 is the "Nat" you were thinking of.

I think they're two different people.

As for Miss M's backup singers, how is their group name correctly spelled?

I don't remember.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just cause I think these might've been overlooked in the transition from one page to the next...
Episode 2574:
The sketch spoofing the TV show The Love Boat was in this episode, the spoof was about I Love This Boat! Ernie was here, as well as a Muppet female named Amanda. My questions are...
14 There was a character who showed up and talked with Ernie and Amanda, a male Muppet voiced by Richard Hunt.
Should he be added? If so, under what heading/name?
15 There was a fish who showed up soon after, should it be added also?
16 Me thinks there were a few AM's who showed up towards the end of the sketch inside the decks of the boat?
Should they be added? And if so, under what heading/name?
The Love This Boat Passengers? Voyagers?

Episode 2749: Dan Comes to Sesame Street.
From the song: Forty Blocks From My Home.
17 The AM boy voiced by Jerry Nelson who sang the song.
18 The AM kid's Mom?
19 The AM kid's dog Spot?
Should these be added? If so, under what heading/names?
20 Dan, the main star of this episode. This was a man who came to work for Gina at Hooper's Store. He first meets a Honker and plays a duet with it on his clarinet. The main focus of the episode is teaching Dan how to read, since he doesn't know how.
Should he be added? If possible, what's the name of the actor who portrayed him?
21 There was a song when Gina was teaching Dan to read where they sounded out a few words. Two female AM's showed up out of nowhere and did a song "That's What Reading's All About" akin to the Word Family songs.
Should these be added? If so, under what heading/name?

Episode 2820 Miles Grandparents.
22 The song sung by Linda Ronstadt about charros is in this episode. Was wondering, is there a sort of Muppet mariachi band playing the music in the background, seen during the instrumental intervals?
If so, should they be added? Under what heading/name?
23 There's a boy Muppet and a girl Muppet, voiced by Frank and Marilyn respectively I believe. They recite the alphabet, but it's as if they were carrying a conversation between them.
Boy: Well, I guess there's nothing more left to say.
24 and 25 Miles Robinson's Grandparents.
Susan Robinson's Mom and Dad, who showed up for a visit to Sesame Street, the episode's story revolved around their visit.
Preston Rabbit was part of the episode, seems he was staying at Gordon's and Susan's apartment at the time.
Should Miles's maternal grandparents be added? If so, under what heading/names? Also, if possible, what are the names of the actors who portrayed them?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
The Count said:
Just cause I think these might've been overlooked in the transition from one page to the next...
Episode 2574:
The sketch spoofing the TV show The Love Boat was in this episode, the spoof was about I Love This Boat! Ernie was here, as well as a Muppet female named Amanda. My questions are...
14 There was a character who showed up and talked with Ernie and Amanda, a male Muppet voiced by Richard Hunt.
Should he be added? If so, under what heading/name?
15 There was a fish who showed up soon after, should it be added also?
16 Me thinks there were a few AM's who showed up towards the end of the sketch inside the decks of the boat?
Should they be added? And if so, under what heading/name?
The Love This Boat Passengers? Voyagers?

18 The AM kid's Mom?
20 Dan, the main star of this episode. This was a man who came to work for Gina at Hooper's Store. He first meets a Honker and plays a duet with it on his clarinet. The main focus of the episode is teaching Dan how to read, since he doesn't know how.
Should he be added? If possible, what's the name of the actor who portrayed him?
21 There was a song when Gina was teaching Dan to read where they sounded out a few words. Two female AM's showed up out of nowhere and did a song "That's What Reading's All About" akin to the Word Family songs.

Episode 2820 Miles Grandparents.
22 The song sung by Linda Ronstadt about charros is in this episode. Was wondering, is there a sort of Muppet mariachi band playing the music in the background, seen during the instrumental intervals?
If so, should they be added? Under what heading/name?
23 There's a boy Muppet and a girl Muppet, voiced by Frank and Marilyn respectively I believe. They recite the alphabet, but it's as if they were carrying a conversation between them.
Boy: Well, I guess there's nothing more left to say.
24 and 25 Miles Robinson's Grandparents.
Susan Robinson's Mom and Dad, who showed up for a visit to Sesame Street, the episode's story revolved around their visit.
Preston Rabbit was part of the episode, seems he was staying at Gordon's and Susan's apartment at the time.
Should Miles's maternal grandparents be added? If so, under what heading/names? Also, if possible, what are the names of the actors who portrayed them?
18 The AM kid's Mom?

Don't you mean the purple AM boy is named Farley?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No... Because Farley is a green pointy-headed boy kid AM. Hope this helps.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, I've previously heard that the actor who played Gordon's father in the recent ep about Miles' band was Carl Gordon. I'm not sure if he played the character in an earlier ep or not.