Classic SS Character Questions

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I'm not sure about Tanya, or the Snuffleupaguses. And I haven't checked on 2269 and the Hawaii episodes yet.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Drop me a line or post away when you have. Will leave those off the board for now, hope you have a good day.

Oh, if you get the chance, clarification on the characters in the story of The Turtle Who Wanted to Make Friends would be from 2256 a great help as well.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Greetings from the Count.

Hi guys, here to start up questions about Classic SS characters from the second group of cassettes. Will add to the question load as I watch, but here's a few to get started.

Episode 2487: Luis and María's Honeymoon, Arrival at Adirondacks Campsite.
1 Dwayne, is this the correct spelling of his name?
2 Ingrid, should the tag of Dwayne's Wife be added?
These are the two AM's who help out the honeymooning couple get to the campsite.
Looking for help on whether they should be added.
3 Dr. Wolf. This was the wolf in the News Flash segment where Cookie Monster was Red Riding Hood.
Should he be added?
4 There was this segment with a cowboy-like character voiced by Jim. The cowboy shouted across the mountains and got an echo, voiced by Emilio Delgado. The cowboy started counting to 10, confused as to that the echo was replying in Spanish.
Looking for info on this cowboy character, whether he should be added, and how best to add him.
As always I appreciate all your help, hope you guys have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
*Whoosh* New tapes? :big_grin:

First, in the "Turtle" story, there was a small purple AM rabbit (Harriet Hare played by Fran Brill), a canary, a small blue bird with an orange beak, a frog (the same small one from "Frogs in the Glen" minus the clothes, and played by Richard Hunt), and a small orange AM made to look like a squirrel. The caterpillar was a pudgy, small orange wire puppet with blue/yellow spots and rounded, lidless eyes. (He can also be seen in the "Big Book of Crafts" book.)

Of your latest list, I've only seen the last one: a lavendar live-hand AM with frizzy blond hair and moustache, and pointed nose, and he wore tan clothing. You might dub him the "Counting Echo Cowboy".

And which episodes did you get? And I'll try to get your tapes back in this weekend. Sorry for the delay.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Got a few doubts bout that menagerie.
Who or which animal was Casey?
Is the Harriet Hare you mention different from the one in Alphabet Chat: H? And should they deserve two distinct entries?
Also, is this "Sheldon" the one that is truly known as "Shelley"? If so, is the entry in need of ammendment?

Oh yeah, from my tapes...
Episode 2574: María Goes to the Baby Doctor.
The Eating Game.
5 Plate, should it be added?
The foods, how should they be added, in the same way Guy introduced them?
6 Food #1: The Fish?
7 Food #2: The Corn?
8 Food #3: The Glass of Milk?
9 Should the Sheep from the song The Story of Bert's Blanket be added?
10 The Colonists from the Boston Tea Party News Flash.
First of all, should it be "Boston Tea Party", or "Boston T Party", since that was the joke of the sketch?
Secondly, should it be just "The Colonists"? Or "The Boston ... Party Colonists"? If the later, that might help with ammending the group from the Christopher Columbus News Flash.
11 Mrs. Moss, showed up when María and Luis and BB were in the hospital's waiting room. Should she be added?
13 The Baby Doctor, and the Nurse. Seems Big Bird has been here before judging by his tone of familiarity.
Should they be added as separate entries? And who portrayed them?
As always, hope to hear from you soon and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I forgot the rabbit had a name. It's the same puppet, but different characters.

I guess "Sheldon" would work since "Shelly" is the name of Marty Robinson's turtle character.

The Eating Game.
5 Plate, should it be added?
The foods, how should they be added, in the same way Guy introduced them?
6 Food #1: The Fish?
7 Food #2: The Corn?
8 Food #3: The Glass of Milk?

As long as you mention where they came from, it sounds fine to me.

10 The Colonists from the Boston Tea Party News Flash.
First of all, should it be "Boston Tea Party", or "Boston T Party", since that was the joke of the sketch?
Secondly, should it be just "The Colonists"? Or "The Boston ... Party Colonists"? If the later, that might help with ammending the group from the Christopher Columbus News Flash.

How about "The Colonists (SS, from Boston T Party News Flash)"?

11 Mrs. Moss, showed up when María and Luis and BB were in the hospital's waiting room. Should she be added?
13 The Baby Doctor, and the Nurse. Seems Big Bird has been here before judging by his tone of familiarity.

I think they both also appear in 2558. Yes, they should be counted and referred to the "Maria's Pregnancy" series. And no, I don't know who played them.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Who has 2487 and What's the picture quality of the episode?Because I am so interested in it.:excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Boober_Gorg has it, I think it's an OK picture quality though couldn't say for sure due to my blind batty eyes.
You might want to talk to him, me thinks the line for deals with him is long and vast.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... A few more.
From Episode 2574:
The sketch spoofing the TV show The Love Boat was in this episode, the spoof was about I Love This Boat!
Ernie was here, as well as a Muppet female named Amanda. My questions are...
14 There was a character who showed up and talked with Ernie and Amanda, a male Muppet voiced by Richard Hunt.
Info on this guy would be appreciated, whether he should be added, and under what entry heading/name.
15 There was a fish who showed up soon after, should it be added also?
16 Were there a few AM's who showed up towards the end of the sketch inside the decks of the boat? If so, should they be added? And if so, under what heading/name?

Episode 2749: Dan Comes to Sesame Street.
Song: Forty Blocks From My Home.
Looking for help with info and how to add the characters who showed up in this song's sketch, except for Kermit and my namesake.
17 The AM boy voiced by Jerry Nelson who sang the song.
18 The AM kid's Mom?
19 The AM kid's dog Spot?
20 Dan, the main star of this episode. This was a man who came to work for Gina at Hooper's Store. He first meets a Honker and plays a duet with it on his clarinet. The main focus of the episode is teaching Dan how to read, since he doesn't know how.
Looking for whether he should be added and the name of the actor who portrayed him if you have it.
21 There was a song when Gina was teaching Dan to read where they sounded out a few words. Two female AM's showed up out of nowhere and did a song "That's What Reading's All About" akin to the Word Family songs.
Looking for info on these characters, whether they should be added and how best to add them.

Will post more tomorrow after watching other episodes I got, hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good weekend.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Some more to ask about...
Episode 2820 Miles Grandparents.
22 The song sung by Linda Ronstadt about charros is in this episode. Was wondering, is there a sort of Muppet mariachi band playing the music in the background, seen during the instrumental intervals?
If so, should they be added? Under what heading/name?
23 There's a boy Muppet and a girl Muppet, voiced by Frank and Marilyn respectively I believe.
They recite the alphabet, but it's as if they were carrying a conversation between them.
Boy: Well, I guess there's nothing more left to say.
Should these be added? If so, under what heading/name?
24 and 25 Looking for help and actor's names of Miles's Grandparents.
These were Susan's Dad and Mom who came for a visit, taking up the main episode story, with Preston Rabbit at Gordon and Susan's apartment.
Should they be added as well?

Will keep watching and posting, might take a break after finishing the fourth cassette to give you guys time to answer.
*Chuckles.