1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Classic SS Character Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by The Count, Jul 22, 2005.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Thanks. Will add these when I'm ready for new additions.
  2. The Count

Quick question... Heh, love these.
    What's the name of the song sung by Linda Ronstadt about charros, with Elmo and Parker dressed up in charro outfits?
  3. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

"La Charreada". Didn't you have a question about the mariachi Muppets in this?
  4. The Count

Thanks. Yes I did, but it seems it wasn't answered. No prob, after redoing the list I plan on going through some defusion questions and combing through this thread to organize what questions are left from the tapes.

Speaking of which...
    Just a couple of more quick ones.
    There's a sketch with Ernie and a snake named Sandy (formerly Sammy the Snake, the Rattlesnake from the list) in 3215.
    Should it be ammended to "Sandy the Snake"? Or "Sandy the Rattlesnake"?

And, if it's possible, how would it be best to add the Snuffleupaguses from the bus that picked up Snuffy in the tapes I sent you? Sorry, can't recall the episode number fright now.

Thanks, hope to hear from you guys soon.
  5. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

There's a sketch with Ernie and a snake named Sandy (formerly Sammy the Snake, the Rattlesnake from the list) in 3215.
    Should it be ammended to "Sandy the Snake"? Or "Sandy the Rattlesnake"?

That's in there, too?! You're killin' me here!!

I always thought it was Sammy, but I haven't seen the sketch in years (and hopefully that will change, my friend -->:zany: !).

And I'm not sure about the Snuffleupaguses; they don't look like puppets; they look more like patches of brown fur shaped like them.
  6. The Count

*Graphic: Big Grin. Yes you will, as soon as I can organize my room back home a bit.
    Reason I got 3215 is cause BG spoke off it, suggesting said episode because of the character for the list.

Will leave the Snuffles from the bus off the table for now, we can come back to that one later. Thake care.
  7. The Count

Quick question again... Is the song sung by The Monotones "Body Full Of Rhythm"? Or is it "A Body Full Of Rhythm"?
    Hope to hear from you guys soon.
  8. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

I always thought of it as "Body Full of Rhythm".
  9. The Count

Just bringing this one back up... Going through it to see what's been answered and what's left to answer.

Will be back after these commercial messages.
  10. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

"Friends, has your counting been a little dull lately? Try 15!"

"Wanna cup of Wilkins Coffee? (BOOM) How about now?"

"Buy 'Dinosaurs, Seasons 1 and 2', coming this May!"

"Try Rover's Royal Repast, fit for a canine king!"

"Would you like to buy an 'O'?"
  11. The Count

*Laughing... Can always count on you.
    BTW... You're a rookie, I'm an old hat at this stuff... Boom!
    *Mental explosion blows Kermit away. Heh, didn't even have time to show him my watch.
  12. The Count

OK... Gone through everything... Dang-blasted computer, had to do what I got done earlier yesterday a second time.
    Oh well... Will be going over all that's still unanswered to my satisfaction with my fine-toothed accountant.
    Hope to get this and what's left from MT polished off, and then start on the rull motherload of Muppet List questions to get V16 ready for posting.
    Take care everybodddeeeeeeeeeeee!
  13. The Count

Hi guys... Just posting this here in case I need to find it later.
    From Spaceship Surprise, The Next Generation:
    Captain Picard Muppet was a purple AM.
    Warf Muppet was a pumpkin AM
    Data Muppet was a green AM, the one with very light skin and eyes.
    Deeana Troy Muppet was a lavender AM with long brownish-black hair.
    From The Lost Monster sketch:
    The Lost And Found Clerk: A pointy-headed green AM who has gray hair, a round red nose, a gray mustache; and wears a blue-and-white striped shirt, a black bowtie, and a beige vest.
    Harvey Monster's Friend: A purple Anything Muppet man or monster (not sure which) who has black hair, purple eyelids, a big red nose; and wears a gray hat, a white shirt, a red bowtie with orange dots on it, and a black jacket. He's the one who mentions Harvey by name.
    From SS Cave People:
    Blue Cave Person: had shaggy black hair
    Pink Cave Person: had orange hair
    Lavender Cave Person: had tangled tan hair
    Tolousse was a pumpkin AM with shaggy white hair, a big pink nose, and small eyes.
    If anyone can help, I'd need to know what type of brush each of these got, as it would then help identify them by their respective jobs.
    Thanks, hope to hear from someone soon.
  14. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Did somebody say "hug"?

Did that sketch about the word HUG really exist? :flirt: It sounds like good material for my "Hugging Special" fanscript; could you send me a transcript by PM or e-mail, please? I'd appreciate that very, very much...
  15. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Children on Sesame Street almost always used their real names: as far as I know, the only two exceptions have been the people playing older versions of Miles and Gabi.
  16. The Count

Will see what I can do, got all five tapes back.
  17. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

*shakes her head at the memory of that one* I didn't even get a clue that the "bug wants a Z" sketch was going to be letter-related at all, until the Z was actually shown and mentioned at the end. (Cookie shrugged his gift off with some comment like "all me have left is this crummy letter Z...") I'd file that weirdness under "Only in the kidvid universe could THAT happen!" :D
  18. nickcoffee12

nickcoffee12 New Member

the cookie monster picnic skecth was on sprout today on sesame street