Classic SS Character Questions

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
The Count said:
No... Because Farley is a green pointy-headed boy kid AM. Hope this helps.
According to "Rock and Roll", there was another Farley in "40 Blocks From My Home". He was a lavender live-hand AM wearing a black jacket and red hat.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
He's right; both the video and the album release (Sing-Along Travel Songs) call him Farley.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, then I'll add the three of them that way, making reference to the song of course.

Wanted to clear up a few things from the story of The Turtle Who Wanted to Make Friends.
1 Sheldon the Turtle, as voiced by Jim Henson should be added as a separate entry?
2 Harriet Hare, or Harriet the Hare, which would be best for this entry and should it be added as a separate entry?
3 Just to make sure I have it complete, and cause I don't have the video on hand at the moment, what are all the other animals/characters that show up? Should they be added individually?
4 What type of animal is Casey, also from this story, and should it be added individually?

Moving on...
Cassette V.
Episode 3021: The Counting Flu.
1 Dr. Edwin, who diagnoses the Count's malady, should he be added?
2 There's a sketch with Noel Cowherd and Billy the Grown-Up.
Should Billy be added?
3 Would appreciate help in distinguishing the other cowboys who appear in this sketch, and if they should be added as a group or individually.

Episode 3038: Pineapple Dentist.
4 and 5 Samantha and Alexis. These are two kids who appear when Prairie calls them to explain to Monty that pineapples don't have teeth.
Originally got this episode cause I thought it had a character named The Pineapple Dentist. It doesn't, but it does have a truly classic clip... Me and My Llama.
6 There's a country song "Circle Round the Girl That I Love".
Would appreciate help distinguishing the characters in the song and whether they should be added as a group or individually.
7 There's a clip where the Two-Headed Monster plays around with a newspaper. The guy who owned the newspaper comes in at the end and reads the Dick Tracy cartoon.
Should this guy be added? As "The Newspaper Reader"?
Hope to hear from you guys soon, and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
First of all, *drooldrooldrool*

Second...

1 Sheldon the Turtle, as voiced by Jim Henson should be added as a separate entry?

Yes.

2 Harriet Hare, or Harriet the Hare, which would be best for this entry and should it be added as a separate entry?

Harriet Hare is her name.

3 Just to make sure I have it complete, and cause I don't have the video on hand at the moment, what are all the other animals/characters that show up? Should they be added individually?

I believe I've already listed them.

4 What type of animal is Casey, also from this story, and should it be added individually?

She's a rabbit, and looks just like Harriet. I forgot what her name was earlier, but it's the same likeness.

Episode 3021: The Counting Flu.
1 Dr. Edwin, who diagnoses the Count's malady, should he be added?

I remember the episode, but not the puppet. I think he had Herbert Birdsfoot glasses.

2 There's a sketch with Noel Cowherd and Billy the Grown-Up.
Should Billy be added?

Yes. But I thought he was already listed. He was a fat blue live-hand AM with brown hair and moustache, blue nose, and lidless eyes.

3 Would appreciate help in distinguishing the other cowboys who appear in this sketch, and if they should be added as a group or individually.

One was a green woman with blond braids, and I think the bartender was orange with sleepy eyes and black hair and moustache.

Episode 3038: Pineapple Dentist.
4 and 5 Samantha and Alexis. These are two kids who appear when Prairie calls them to explain to Monty that pineapples don't have teeth.
Originally got this episode cause I thought it had a character named The Pineapple Dentist. It doesn't, but it does have a truly classic clip... Me and My Llama.

Hmm, never seen that clip. Hopefully soon I'll find out what all the hubub is about.

6 There's a country song "Circle Round the Girl That I Love".
Would appreciate help distinguishing the characters in the song and whether they should be added as a group or individually.

*Drooldrooldrool* I think the lead singer was green with a pink nose and brown hair and 'stache. And the girl may have been lavendar with blond hair and light bloe nose.

7 There's a clip where the Two-Headed Monster plays around with a newspaper. The guy who owned the newspaper comes in at the end and reads the Dick Tracy cartoon.
Should this guy be added? As "The Newspaper Reader"?

This is the same puppet that sells shoes to the Two-Headed Monster, but wearing a hat. Interestingly, both appearances were played by Marty Robinson, but he has a lower voice in the shoe salesman sketch. I think he should be ID'd more by his salesman guise since that's a profession.

Plus, Farley's dog was animated, but his mother wasn't.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Will be making some additions.
MuppetDude my friend, Me and My Llama is one of those film segments that's cherished by all. At least, it is to me, rully takes me back to when I was younger and had better sight and watched the show non-stop.
Billy the Grown-Up wasn't on the list before, cause I never knew of him till this episode.
BTW: How would it be best to add the cowboys from that Fastest Square Drawer in the West sketch?
And how would it be best to add the singers from the song "Circle Round the Girl That I Love"?
Also... You mentioned another AM character I've been meaning to ask about.
The Shoe Salesman is the same puppet as this "Newspaper Reader" eh. So should they be listed individually or as just the "Shoe Salesman"?

Will watch some more and come back to post.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
BTW: How would it be best to add the cowboys from that Fastest Square Drawer in the West sketch?
And how would it be best to add the singers from the song "Circle Round the Girl That I Love"?

I don't know.

Also... You mentioned another AM character I've been meaning to ask about.
The Shoe Salesman is the same puppet as this "Newspaper Reader" eh. So should they be listed individually or as just the "Shoe Salesman"?

Probably just as "The Shoe Salesman".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Gotcha... Will be retooling the list, darn totals miskewing again.
Will post after I'm ready.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... Went through the episode, and yes, it's Mona as one of Miss M's backup singers.

There's something that's troubling me. As I redo the list all over again, I've stumbled over an obstacle.
You know the song "Ask Some Questions" sung by Randy Travis? Well, in the third verse he sings about the guy who called Samantha Sue to invite a "few" friends without specifying how many there were.
The Original Sesame Street Lyrics Archive websie, which I'm using for the song titles, states this guy's name as "B-A-R-R-Y", my mom says she noticed a lip movement indicating a "B" sound... But when I keep hearing it over and over, I'm not convinced and still think it's "H-A-R-R-Y" with an "H".
So, which is it? Rully hope to hear from someone soon, since the recalibration would be better served now I'm in the B's rather than do it when I'm in the H's.
Thanks and have a good weekend.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Another quick question. Like I said, redoing the whole list, and building up my comp's internal dictionary as well to help pronounce some names correctly.

In the C's, I have an entry for "The Chicken Singer" from SS. My original source said this chracter is from the song "Clucky Clucky Chicken", propably from Seasons 30-33, not sure though. However, The Original SS Lyrichs Archive or OSSLA for short, states the song as being sung by I pressume a musical act known as "Fowl Play". It says these three were voiced/performed by Peter Lynns, Kevin Clash, and Julia Buesschar (SP?).
So, should I keep the Chicken Singer as it currently appears on the list? Or change its entry to one for the band "Fowl Play"?
Hope to hear from you guys soon, need some answers to move on and keep redoing the dang thing.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The song was originally sung by "Fowl Play", but I can't remember seeing that segment. I do have it on the "Hot! Hot! Hot!" album. They remade it for seasons 33 and 35. I'd guess that the original group was three chickens in cowboy outfits.