Did anyone else wish that Miss. Piggy was cut out of Muppet Movie?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I like Piggy from the Muppet Show (she had so many looks), but Great Muppet Caper Miss Piggy is my favorite look. She really was only grotesque in the first Muppet Show season and hit her prime by the third season.
Yeah, I agree---why say she looked horrid during ALL of TMS? :confused:

She looked GREAT in the last few seasons, with the long, blonde hair with a little curl/wave in it---my sister also loves that look the most, and SOOO wanted her hair to look like that when she grew up (it doesn't---it's shorter and darker).

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
She looked a heckuva lot hotter than any other woman in that flick...except perhaps Diana Rigg, who's always been a hottie. But the three flatchested henchwomen of flowered sock man? Come on, Cory.....

Quinnnnnnnnnn
True. But man I dont wanna say this...but a couple weeks ago I rented Great Muppet Caper(one of only a few Muppet dvds I dont have) and I...wellll...you know that feeling some people have during KSY or most of MFS? Um...yeah....but I did love the Muppets in the double decker at night scene(WOW!!!!! Astonishing to say the least!) and the infamous bike ride scene. But the look of the early 80's high fashion thing in London makes me wanna puke. At least we finally got to see Kermit and fozzie's dad in Very Muppet Xmas(or was that Fozzie Grinch?) My main problem with GMC is that it basically just stars the main 4(Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzie, and Piggy), A LOT of human only scenes, that bumbling Grodin, and nary any real good screentime for the supporting cast. Plus all the 'hey, its only a movie!', 'hey, were in a movie', 'wink wink, nudge nudge, its just a film!' stuff...yikes.

Now, I hate to say...but nothing beats Modern Piggy.

http://www.action-performance.com/muppets/images/piggy.jpg

While Season One Fozzie isnt nearly as shabby as Season One Piggy, he comes in quite close. The thing with me is current, freshness with the Muppets. Like fine wine, they just seem to look better with age. That's why henson, palisades, and other promo related shots mostly tend to use the newest looks.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
and nary any real good screentime for the supporting cast.
That's funny, cause Janice has more screen-time and dialogue in this than any other Muppet film...

And I'm with Quinn---nothin' beats GMC.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
all the 'hey, its only a movie!', 'hey, were in a movie', 'wink wink, nudge nudge, its just a film!' stuff...yikes.
Um...did you miss a memo? They do that in ALL of their films. TMM - the kept speaking to the camera and referring to the screenplay. GMC (you already mentioned). MTM - Kermit gives a nod to the camera before he marries Piggy. MCC - Gonzo and Rizzo refer to the audience and speak directly to them throughout the film. Sam bumbles his line (in an incredibly funny moment) "It's the American way---British way" with an aside to the audience. MTI was filled with anachronisms and other such nods. Can't pinpoint exact scenes in MFS, but it was all about mugging for the camera - especially the opening song. That's all the film really had. Maybe you are seeing edited versions of these films. The Great Muppet Caper made the most use of it, but not really all that much more than the others. When you think about it - entire episodes of the Muppet Show don't make sense because musical numbers will take place partially or entirely off stage and out of view of the audience. The Muppets have always given a nod to the audience. They are all about mugging for the camera and I love it! :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Wow. I didn't notice we didn't have an official Piggy thread yet. We had Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rowlf, etc. Anyway, I can't really comment on the season 1 Piggy because I haven't seen any episodes with her so I don't know how she looked or what Richard's Piggy sounded like or anything like that. But I definately like her the way she is now. Definately the best female Muppet. Frank Oz has done a terrific job with her. I especially like her "Never Before, Never Again" song. I do have to agree with something Frogboy said though. I didn't care for how she looked in TMTM. That curly hair style didn't work for her.

Movies205

Reaction score
I have no problems with her a Look but certain times she just get real annoying like for example the whole kissy thing, I think kermit should of kick her out cuz she left him to do some commericial lol. While I thought she was pretty funny and cool in Muppet Caper(the part where she on a and some parts in Muppet Movie. Sometimes though I think she gets annoying and I think they made her overly annoying in Muppet Movie but that just my opinion.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
ya i like piggy but she can get annoying at times. i suppose thats why the rest of the muppets like to make fun of her especially the members of the electric mayhem. she does get old after awhile cause she wants the spot light to much. but thats how her character is. as far as piggys look, i never liked her perm in the 80's either. she kind of looks like sally struthers with that hair style..

for those of you who don't know who sally struthers is, she played gloria in all of the family, the archie bunker show.....

ryan

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Um...did you miss a memo? They do that in ALL of their films. TMM - the kept speaking to the camera and referring to the screenplay.
There is mugging for the camera, little winks to the audience...then there is just gag me with a rubber chicken.

Remember Elmo In Grouchland? How they would actually stop the film for Bert and Ernie to tell ther audience it is just a movie? Why must they insult people's intelligence?

Ive seen TMM and MTM too many times to count, but it doesnt come even close to the aggregiously nods to the audience that GMC does. Plus it is just an ugly film

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah a very opinionated thread....i personally liked piggy....just my opinion....man i think i got through this post without cynical remarks, better stop now....

Sarah

WHERE WOULD KERMIT BE WITHOUT PIGGY?????

sorry couldn't resist...sarah