Disney Channel Preps for Muppet "Mini Movies"

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Thank you! It's like it's trying to hard to be funny ad it just falls flat every time.

This is true. But I was trying to say to TSF that they would not have Fraggles for this very reason, especially obscure ones.
I totally agree with the falling flat humor type of thing.
It's like--

Example:

Cody: Like, I am so dying for an ice-cream--let's ask the ice-cream man in the really really fast ice-cream truck!

*Truck passes them by*

Zack: Oh well! You should start ice-screaming.

Cody: Uh no.

The humor is rather silly and forced. You expressed the comedy style correctly.

Disney stars= Trying hard to be funny

MWoO

Reaction score
Very true. Actually it's very muppets tonighish. Muppets Tonight had a lot of good but the stand-by of humor became bad puns and poor delivery. Puns are great when used sparingly, but Disney does nothing but that with their shows and I think that might have been what infected Muppets Tonight.

Anyway, I will enjoy it if it happens. It's still an amazing bunch of performers even if they have to pander to the new teeny bopper audience.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Very true. Actually it's very muppets tonighish. Muppets Tonight had a lot of good but the stand-by of humor became bad puns and poor delivery. Puns are great when used sparingly, but Disney does nothing but that with their shows and I think that might have been what infected Muppets Tonight.

Anyway, I will enjoy it if it happens. It's still an amazing bunch of performers even if they have to pander to the new teeny bopper audience.
Yes. Atleast they will even be on a show so we can watch. :big_grin: I feel a little better. I would ignore the teens and listen to the muppet gang. XD That is my finest solution yet.

MWoO

Reaction score
I'd like the muppets to take on some issues like they use to. Like the anti-war stuff they use to do in the 70's. I think we could use some good old fashioned peace songs again. Same Eagle is the perfect character to use right now too. I mean, that is what I love about the muppet show. The occasional message that wasn't forced, made you think. I fear we won't see that again

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It's really not even that we dont have many good quality stars these days their all cookie cutter chop shop impressions of former stars and hack actors.
Yeah! the serious lack of talent is what really concerns me. It like look, gee... Their with someone famous.:stick_out_tongue:

And not Look! Their with someone very talented and/or funny!:excited:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Yeah! the serious lack of talent is what really concerns me. It like look, gee... Their with someone famous.:stick_out_tongue:

And not Look! Their with someone very talented and/or funny!:excited:
the issue to me is that the star needs to be bigger than the muppets in my eyes and in the publics eyes. Most of these people being shown with the muppets these days are like anywhere from b list to z list celebs.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
>_O Maybe it's from being gone so long that the muppets are put to these types of celebrities. Don't worry--perhaps it is but a test. They will rise little by little. We must remember that sometimes coming back after so long will make their fame go a little slower in sky rocketing. Once they are done with Disney channel stars then hey may go to the big ones! Angelina Joliee...ect.

I mean they are a magnet to celebrities. Look at these big time stars they were with!

Tony Bennet
Vincent Price (I love him)
Sandra Bullock
Julie Andrews
Dick Van Dyke

*goes on and on*

: )

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
the issue to me is that the star needs to be bigger than the muppets in my eyes and in the publics eyes. Most of these people being shown with the muppets these days are like anywhere from b list to z list celebs.
Good point! the have been with some not so big people for quite a while now with the exception of sesame Street.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
could be a whole lot worst they could be doing stuff with abc family shows like kyle xy uggg.