Disney Channel Preps for Muppet "Mini Movies"

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I think they did well in scrubs. XD

Anyway, I agree to MuppetsRule XD...

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
in some cases I'd rather see the muppets doing nothing them at all rather them being waterd down former shells of themselves.:sympathy:
But nobody knows what they are going to do yet or seen anything about this project and it is being torn apart. Let's give them a chance. How can we, as fans of the Muppets, expect more Muppet shows and movies or merchandise, if before they even come out, we are tearing them apart. I would think that's gotta be pretty discouraging to anybody thinking about new Muppet releases.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
But nobody knows what they are going to do yet or seen anything about this project and it is being torn apart. Let's give them a chance. How can we, as fans of the Muppets, expect more Muppet shows and movies or merchandise, if before they even come out, we are tearing them apart. I would think that's gotta be pretty discouraging to anybody thinking about new Muppet releases.
Um no ones tearing down the project. What they are doing is speaking up about their concerns on how this could be and how moroni and cheesy other disney programing has become.
I've never been much of a Disney fan besides it old movies and cartoons.
All these tweenager shows are horrid and feature z list celebs.
The Muppet have always been shown with Stars bigger than them and that is the way it needs to be still in my opinion you don't have to agree.
But I'm saying for the magic to really work thats what it needs.
Besides the use of other muppet characters besides the regular cast and whatnot muppets.
And honestly you know I hop it does discorage them from making horrid products and seeing what peope really want.
I pass on so many Muppet things because they keep making very cheap merch for them.
Any time I see something nice like the stickers, electric mayhem shirt, or the new greeting card I by them up. I'm trying to show them what to do and what not to do by sales figures.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, prat of the problem with having people bigger than that are is that they became such big names themselves! But pert of the problem with Disney is that that have to be tied into everything Disney and mostly only Disney.:smirk:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Choosy Company

Yes, I have seen the criticism, particularly concerning who the Muppets team up with.Does it really matter who the Muppets team up with? Even if some of you think the shows that the Guests come from are lame, I am sure that the Muppets personalities will shine through and that even if the guests are morrons, the Muppets can use it to their advantage and show it up and make it comical.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Yes, I have seen the criticism, particularly concerning who the Muppets team up with.Does it really matter who the Muppets team up with? Even if some of you think the shows that the Guests come from are lame, I am sure that the Muppets personalities will shine through and that even if the guests are morrons, the Muppets can use it to their advantage and show it up and make it comical.

I'm not so sure it is the stars of these shows either that are disappointing. I think it might be more of a case of poor writing. The stars just deliver the lines. With some creative writing for the Muppet mini-movies the spots could be very good. Maybe these stars will shine with a good script and their popularity will give the Muppets a new audience.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Actully yes it has allot to do with who guest stars along side the muppets, who performs the muppets, who writes the muppets.
Every single one of those things fall into place here when making the muppets a success not a suckfest..
And see your excuse there falls flat because these are not the muppets we knew and loved growing up.
These are the muppets that are told what to do and say now and thats also another part of the problem the ad-lib is gone these days.
The Muppets are also hardly comical anymore besides the new characters like Pepe'.
I'm some one who actully liked the muppets wizard of oz and a very merry muppet christmas even more so even if the human guest stars where lame.
I don't mind my muppets being adults because they always have been thats the way Jim intended them to be Rowlf has always made adult jokes even the straight laced Sam the Eagle has had jokes put upon him that where adult.
So many people deny the fact that the muppets that have been for not just kids but adults as well.
But I'll give Disney that they haven't they realize this and to me it's pretty much they only thing they are doing right with the muppets besides some of the nice merch they bring out.
I'm not so sure it is the stars of these shows either that are disappointing. I think it might be more of a case of poor writing. The stars just deliver the lines. With some creative writing for the Muppet mini-movies the spots could be very good. Maybe these stars will shine with a good script and their popularity will give the Muppets a new audience.
Who knows really and the point I've been trying to make this entire time is that a good star can make anything work I'm not dissing Disney I'm saying todays movie & tv stars just don't have that flair anymore that they did in the olden days of the old muppet show.
Some bands still do though as well as comedians so I'd rather see the muppets doing those sort of things than rather being on other peoples water down boring stereo typial care bare mushy tv.
But who knows like I said it really could give them a new generation of fans but why try so hard to keep the old ones away by making new fans by making the muppets waterd down sesame street versions of themselves.
And I am not juding anything before it comes out I'm voicing my concerns.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yea i really think the muppets will be great.