Disney Channel Preps for Muppet "Mini Movies"

SSLFan

Reaction score
wow. i guess i can shut up about disney not exposing the muppets enough. this mini- movie idea just might work.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Actully yes it has allot to do with who guest stars along side the muppets, who performs the muppets, who writes the muppets.
I think the problem with being a Disney property it that it really limits who that can and can't work it! It has to be with in the Disney brand to such an extent, you know?

I Really Hope That Piggy Is In Alot Of Them.
I hope not. I want all the primary Muppet's to get equal air time

Yes, I have seen the criticism, particularly concerning who the Muppet's team up with.Does it really matter who the Muppets team up with? Even if some of you think the shows that the Guests come from are lame, I am sure that the Muppets personalities will shine through and that even if the guests are morrons, the Muppet's can use it to their advantage and show it up and make it comical.
Yeah, I wouldn't worry that the Muppet couldn't make anything entertaining. Their the highlight of the show anywhere that show up.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I think the problem with being a Disney property it that it really limits who that can and can't work it! It has to be with in the Disney brand to such an extent, you know?
And that right there is the biggest problem.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Would have to agree that that is a very big sort of stumbling block for them. But I'm really hoping for the best out of this.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Would have to agree that that is a very big sort of stumbling block for them. But I'm really hoping for the best out of this.
Don't anyone get me wrong here I am hoping for the best as well!:smile:
I just don't find Disneys "talent" to be very "real" or talented.
The Muppets need to be working with real talent again I mean for the love of Jim they worked with the likes of Sr. Elton John and many others now they're gonna be side kicks to a slew of talentless children.:frown:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't mind my muppets being adults because they always have been thats the way Jim intended them to be Rowlf has always made adult jokes even the straight laced Sam the Eagle has had jokes put upon him that where adult.
So many people deny the fact that the muppets that have been for not just kids but adults as well.
I don't mind them being adult either, definitely. It's amazing how many people still don't get that. Though, there is a difference between genuine adult humor and immature humor attempting to be adult.

Yeah, I still can't comment on this potential new project. The projects haven't been as good even before Disney. It's hard to recreate the standard Jim sent. Just have to wait and see. :smile:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Don't anyone get me wrong here I am hoping for the best as well!:smile:
I just don't find Disneys "talent" to be very "real" or talented.
The Muppets need to be working with real talent again I mean for the love of Jim they worked with the likes of Sr. Elton John and many others now they're gonna be side kicks to a slew of talentless children.:frown:
So who do you think they should work with that would be a possibility? During the Muppet Show's heyday it was cool to be a guest on the Muppet Show. Sadly, the Muppets no longer carry that same clout. They have to start somewhere and with Disney's current stars is as good a place to start as any. They may be talentless children but they are popular and carry Disney's marketing ability with them. Let's start there and work our way up. It's better than no start at all.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
So who do you think they should work with that would be a possibility? During the Muppet Show's heyday it was cool to be a guest on the Muppet Show. Sadly, the Muppets no longer carry that same clout. They have to start somewhere and with Disney's current stars is as good a place to start as any. They may be talentless children but they are popular and carry Disney's marketing ability with them. Let's start there and work our way up. It's better than no start at all.
See thats the thing Disney can get the big stars to do this heck they could even come back in support of the muppets have some sort of special to remind the public of what big stars the muppets themselves they are.
By doing such things are your saying Disney do they will be stuck in a talentless run forever. Mark my words they will be if it's not acted upon to do something.
I'd like to see tuns of people heck Weird Al isn't even that big of a star but he sure is a muppet fan and I'm sure they could get him to work with the muppets any one adult is better in my opinion then them working with little kids.
I'll wait and see but I really won't be able to stomach the Muppets next to Children...I don't like when the muppets are with children besides Sesame Street. I fear this is whats happening here but we'll see.
Oh I just so can't wait to see the Muppets in action with Hannah Montanna weeeeee.:rolleyes:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You make a good point. It certainly wouldn't attract people out age, but for a child to see a Muppet character with their favorite star, that might mean something to them. But I guess there just going to have to find a way to make them likable to everybody. Which shouldn't be hard to do sense their so darn likeable! But the material that they might be stuck with might be a different story though. So I do see what your saying.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
You raise some very good and valid points JimHensonHour. I guess my hope/wish is that they may be targeting children now with the Muppet-minis but those children watching will have some parents watching along with them. Those parents are about the age of those that watched the Muppets in their most popular days. Parents that forgot about them but remember fondly the Muppet Show. Hopefully, this should bring them back. And then as the popularity builds that will bring back the big name stars. I'm hoping this is just the beginning of a successful Muppet comeback.