1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GelflingWaldo, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Telly

Telly Active Member

Yeah I'm more of a fan of the Muppets in the human world, The Muppets Take Manhattan.

2. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

3. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Active Member

Hey I know a perfect title they should put on. I thought they should put The Muppet Show Movie. Okay...so it's not my best idea but let's hope they get the title soon.

4. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Alternatively, "Hey, a Movie!" (subtitled) "It's Gonna Be Terrific!"

5. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Hahahaha! Beautiful! I don't think anyone would be expecting that! :crazy:

6. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

*bows* thank you, thank you!

7. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Nah, go for the irony... call it "Muppets Underwater"

8. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

They can call it whatever they want as long as I get to see it in a theatre

9. MrOblivionRyte

MrOblivionRyte New Member

Regardless of what the movies called, I'd like to be in it. But first I've got to work on my abs, going for the Matt McCohnaghy look, might need some airbrushing:D

10. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

That's how you know it was bad. It was one of those repressed memories.

11. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I really don't see what was so wrong with AVMMXM. It really brought back so many things that long time Muppet fans missed, and I really thought the story itself had a lot of heart.

12. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Parts of it were good for me, like Kermit realizes he shouldn't have wished he was never born, that was inspiring. But it still had too much of the jaded and mean spiritedness for me.

I was surprised but the Oz movie wasn't as bad as I thought. Mainly because of Scooter, hehe.

13. dwayne1115

yea whoever did Scooter in Oz had it down cold. I really also liked hearing all of the EM band talk in that one on the DVD. I think I liked it better on DVD then I did on tv.

14. Leyla

Leyla Member

Oh! Well, let me restore it to your good graces then! She doesn't sayy anything about taking a pee... she says "Well, I guess I can eat..."

15. dwayne1115

Well I can tell you who has been doing the writeing of the new Muppet videos. That person would be Jim Lewis, and I aggree that he has done a great job. I personaly feel that Jim has taken some of the things we have talked about in the Ask Jim thread, and use it in these videos. Take Gonzo for an example, some of the questions where about why Gonzo has lost a lot of his chicken lovin weirdness, and became more of a straight "thing". Jim said (Not a direct quote) that he loved writeing Gozo acting weird and that he would work on him being even weirder. I really think we see that in these videos. Talking with Jim, he really seems to have a passion for bringing back the classic feel of TMS, but with a modern feel and for a modern audiance. Which I think is a preety hard thing to do. producing things that not just kids and not just Grown-ups can enjoy, but EVRYONE. That right there is the key and why the new videos are so succsesful. There is something for everyone, and that is what helped make the Muppet show what it was, it had something for everyone.

16. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

It had been a few days since I was able to look at this thread but there has been some great conversation going on. I just got caught up and read everything I missed. After reading everything, I just have one question. Is Jim Lewis going to be working on the new movie with Segel and Stoller? And if not why not? It sounds like he has a great grasp on what Muppet fans want.

17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

So, has their been any updates on this, or are we going to get way off topic about stuff we're just speculating at this point. I hope the lul in the news is a direct result of work being done on the script. Look how long we went without news on Fraggle Rock... it was all just about waiting for the distribution and other writers.

18. wherestheanykey

wherestheanykey New Member

Disney held a big preview of their upcoming production slate from 2008 to 2011 on Wednesday. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38488
    But there was no mention of the new muppet movie.
    eek.
    Hopefully it was only because it's still in its development/pre-production stage.

19. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Something I've noticed is that most of the time the Muppet Studios name has been kept entirely seperate from most of the Disney stuff. For example... in the most recent issue of Entertainment Weekly there's a huge two-page collage of stars spread across it. Among them are Kermit, Miss Piggy, Animal, Bunsen and Beaker, and Sweetums--along with Walt Disney. There are, however, two different copyrights for them: "The Muppets Studio, LLC" and "Disney Enterprises, Inc."

So... in essence, it wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to keep the announcements seperate. I highly doubt the movie has been canned or forgotten about. Read this if you don't believe me. :smirk:

20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

With all the publicity, if they don't make good on this promise, there's gonna be shell to pay. I could see these 2 hip and in demand writers vowing never to work with Disney again.

Of course, off topic, most of the movies listed sounded like pure garbage. Wild Hogs 2... yeah... like we needed that first one.

I AM interrested on what the new Lone Ranger will turn out to be...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.