1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GelflingWaldo, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

2. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

What do you think made LTS feel like a motion picture?
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

LTS seemed to have a "film look" by way of slightly desaturated colors, quality composition, movie-esque sets and real life locations. But then again so did VMX, but LTS had that Kermit-Fozzie-Gonzo trio and an appearance that brought me back to the golden age of GMC with them dancing down the hallway singing together. That is what I hope for the next Muppet movie. By the way, should we give it a working abbreviation for now of NMM (new Muppet movie)?
  4. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I hear you loud and clear. When you brought up the three of them together in that hallway doing the song. That is something we Muppet fans have not seen in years. WOW - Very good point.
  5. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Kermit's Swamp Years doesn't actually look too bad. There's a lot of location shooting, and the DVD (surprisingly) comes with the widescreen version (I've never even watched it in pan-and-scan). It kind of reminds me of how Elmo in Grouchland was filmed. Sort of.

Honestly, my only real issue with that movie is the actor playing the bad guy. BLECH! He's a terrible actor who goes for the typical I-don't-have-to-be-any-good-because-this-thing-is-just-for-kids performance. It really irritates me. Otherwise, it's not my least favorite Muppet project.

I'd like to see the new Muppet Movie have the same sort of feel that The Great Muppet Caper had. It could be gritty at times (the Happiness Hotel) or absolutely breathtakingly beautiful ("The First Time it Happens" number). Jim Henson really knew how to make a certain mood with his films. And it'd be great to see Kermit, Fozzie and Gonzo working as a team again. And maybe they'll try to bring Scooter back up to the "number five" character.
  6. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Watched VMMC last ight and that felt like a Motion Picture to me. It was also so nice to see The Muppet Theatre
  7. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Member

I think Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie is a good example for the new upcoming muppet movie.
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I really liked seeing the world outside the theater like the exterior shots or the Muppet Theater and the park with Kermit's statue.

I wasn't keen on the theater interior not matching up with the Muppet Show, but they did kind of write that line in about needing renovations.
  9. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

It is thirty years later. It cant look exactly the same. There have to be some changes
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Not that amount unless the place burned down and was rebuilt.

There appeared to be too many changes to the basic architecture, not just the artifice. Even the placement and shape of the balconies were vastly different. It really appeared to be a completely different theater dressed up to look like the Muppet Theater. But I was just glad to have some sort of Muppet Theater setting. The backstage is where all the classic action took place in the old days and that looked right.
  11. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Okay. I actually thought your complaint was with the backstage.
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I thought that was beautiful. It was a bit different, but not as different as it appeared from season to season.

The VMX theater seats were even placed and divided in an odd way. Also the steps leading up to the back balcony just shouldn't have been there. We see the whole theater in all 5 season opening credits so everyone has a feeling of what it should look like. I don't have the DVD with me or I'd compare screen grabs of the VMX version. I was a little disappointed in it, but that really is nit-picky. However, I'd really like to see Disney create a good and permanent approximation of the set.
  13. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I agree I am not a huge fan of the actual house (sorry I am a actor, that is the correct terminology) of the theatre myself. I especially agree ot the stairs leading up to the balcony
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I think LTS is a pretty good sign they can get back on that track. And the writers pledged to keep this in tune with GMC and the like, so there is no doubt in my mind they can pull it off. I mean, sure... I see a lot of it resting on Disney's hands whether they'll let the writers do what they want or not... MFS is sure a good example of studio meddling, as they pressured the heck out of them to change a perfectly good script with subtlety. But, once again, LTS didn't have much of the pandering to any real group that VMX or (worse) Oz had.
  15. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Films are a long production. I think that both films will get done.
  16. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I think it remains to be seen how things will turn out, and for the moment I welcome all opinions, positive or negative. Either could be right at this point, heh.
  17. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

What was the last news of the movie we heard? Segel turned in the script draft to Disney, right? That's extremely exciting! I can't wait till we hear some more! :D
  18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

It appears this thread is beginning to calm down some now.

But, stop arguing and saying things too tough at one another. There are more civil ways to dispute and agree to disagree than to get feathers riled up. Keep in mind that when penguins' feathers rile up, they usually explode, and that also happens on message boards, gang.

I, too, have been guilty of being a naysayer and am stopping that if I can because it brings about negativity and I'd rather say positive things about what's going on, or how I think things could be made better (in a fan's opinion) and still be positive as then things that happen should be good.

Just remember: Respect each others' opinions, please, because you're all wrong! HA HA!

But, seriously: Respect each others' opinions, please. Now, everybody hug and make up. :)
  19. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Agreeing to disagree is a good thing. ;)

I do think there are legitimate concerns that should be brought up on occasion. Yet there's also nothing wrong with keeping a positive open mind. Really I'm in favor of both and don't see a conflict. ;)
  20. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi... This thread is going to be closed while we attempt to clean out some of the more, erm, controversial posts. Thanks for understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.