Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
ok OK, I want them all back even... breathe - Clifford. There I said it.

I hope that Segel is really serious about bringing back the 80's/90's greatness and when he says the whole gang that he means rare ones too! Maybe he just mean the central characters? Ah well, if we got Pigs in Space back that'd be a start!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So the first draft has been sent in. Well thats great news, but what's next for the script? I hope Disney doesn't have a great script and sit on it and not do anything with it.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Basically it works like this: Disney approved Segel to write the script. The first draft is all important because this is where Disney will decide whether or not to green light the making of this film.:embarrassed:

They could ask him to do re-writes before the decision or green light and then re-write/punch up...

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
When what they should really do is just leave it alone and let Jason do his thing.

Derp!

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
It's how it works kermibaby. Hollywood looks at scripts like property: How big is the mansion? What's it made of? How does it look? How will it sell?

Have faith - that was a very fast turn in on Segels part which is always a great sign. His ideas were firmly in place; they recognized that in the first meeting or he wouldn't have gotten the first green light.

ploobis

Reaction score
I would love to see not only the classic Muppet show characters in the new movie, But also some of the great Muppets Tonight characters as well! :smile:

I can see it now.......

THE NEW MUPPET MOVIE STARRING..........

Kermit The Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, The Great Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf The Dog, Rizzo The Rat, Pepe The King Prawn, Camilla The Chicken, Animal, Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, Janice, Zoot, The Swedish Chef, Sam The Eagle, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, Robin The Frog, Beauregard, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, Statler, Waldorf, Sweetums, Link Hogthrob, Juilius Strangepork, Pops, Annie Sue, Lips, Clifford, Bobo The Bear, Andy & Randy Pig, Johnny Fiama, Sal The Monkey, Zippity Zap, Dr. Phil van Neuter, The Newsman, Marvin Suggs, Lubbock Lou & his Jughuggers, Doglion, Thog, Mean Mamma, Fletcher Bird, Louis Kazagger, Nigel The Conductor, Baskerville, Uncle Deadly, Boppity, Gloat, Droop, Luncheon Counter Monster.........

And of course various Muppet Pigs, Dogs, Frogs, Chickens, Rats, Penguins, Whatnots, Monsters and Frackles! :wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well since they already bought the idea I'm sure they will like the script.

Erine81981

Reaction score
That is wonderful to see he wasnt's to get Paul Williams for the movie. That is so great to hear. I've been hoping to hear that and hope that it's true.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Steve Whitmire does a really good job with Link Hogthrob (and the Newsman), so I hope Link is in it. I hope the Newsman gets a small part, too. I hope all of the Muppets get a part in it!
He does? I've never heard him do link at all ever.
Anyone have a clip of him as link?
But yes I agree he's pretty dang good as the News Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.