Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker

Reaction score
Interesting article at Aint It Cool News today on this project.

Makes me all the more excited to see Muppets Take Manhattan at my local cineplex next month^^(Man, I remember seeing that movie when it came out 24 years ago)

I hope they don't go so traditional, that they leave out Pepe and other newerish characters who are intregal. But I am definitely liking this.

Man...new Muppet movie, debut Fraggle Rock theatrical film,
Power of the Dark Crystal movie, Henson Alternative brand,
Pajanimals, etc...the Muppet/JHC legacy is revving back into high gear!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
He does? I've never heard him do link at all ever.
Anyone have a clip of him as link?
But yes I agree he's pretty dang good as the News Man.
If you watch KSY on the bouns featuers Steve does a Link voice.It was preety cool he was just messing around on the shot but sounded almost dead on to Link.

EDIT
Here is part of it, this is not really what I was looking for but close to the end you can hear it. It sounds here more like Kermit in MTM when he and the rats are doing there wispering campain at that restuaunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYJG5tyWnCc&feature=related

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
If you watch KSY on the bouns featuers Steve does a Link voice.It was preety cool he was just messing around on the shot but sounded almost dead on to Link.

EDIT
Here is part of it, this is not really what I was looking for but close to the end you can hear it. It sounds here more like Kermit in MTM when he and the rats are doing there wispering campain at that restuaunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYJG5tyWnCc&feature=related
Oh I didn't even think of that, I always took that as smug kermit from muppets take manhatten, links slighty differnt than that.
Oh well doesn't matter I'm not going to say how good I am at it, i'll just get bla bla bla steve.
But let me say I'd like to ee each character be played by differnt people so we can have them all interacting.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Oh I didn't even think of that, I always took that as smug kermit from muppets take manhatten, links slighty differnt than that.
Oh well doesn't matter I'm not going to say how good I am at it, i'll just get bla bla bla steve.
But let me say I'd like to ee each character be played by differnt people so we can have them all interacting.
Well like I said i could not find the part I wanted to show you.
With a movie though you can get a lot of Muppet interaction even by the ones prefromed by the same person. Like in the Muppet Movie that wonderful secne with Kermit and Rowlf. Two Muppets I would really love to see interact more would be Fozziie and Piggy. I think that Piggy would just get so annyoed with Fozzie.
Now that I think about it if you play the video game Muppet Party Cruise, you can hear Steve do Link. That game is really the last time we hear from some of our favorit Muppets that have not talked in a long time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope they don't go so traditional, that they leave out Pepe and other newerish characters who are intregal. But I am definitely liking this.
Exactly. I want to see Pepe and Johnny and Sal just as much as I want to see Rowlf, Beau, and the rest. It'd be great to see all the weird monsters and Frackles everyone mentioned too.

I'm glad it's getting all this internet buzz. that way, Disney pretty much HAS to make the film now.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ya know even if the fisrt draft is something Disney just does not want to get behind. I don't think that is going to stop Jason Seagel. He really wants to re - launch the Muppet franchish and if he can get Disney to see the same way he is then I think it will be a great movie. I would not even be to suprised if he didn't send a script to JHC. I think betewen the two of them they would work something out.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
He does? I've never heard him do link at all ever.
Anyone have a clip of him as link?
But yes I agree he's pretty dang good as the News Man.
Steve Whitmire performs the voice of Link on the "Muppet Party Cruise" video game. He might do him in some other games, too, but I'm not sure.

KermieBaby47 said:
When what they should really do is just leave it alone and let Jason do his thing.
While it's great news that the first draft is in, I'm sure even Jason Segel's not one-hundred percent ready to say that this is the script that should be filmed. Just look at the scipt for The Muppet Movie (actually, an overview of the script) that came out a year before it was released, and only a short time before they started filming. The differences are incredible, and while some of the stuff in it would have been neat to see, The Muppet Movie ended up so much better than this early draft.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
The point of the first draft is to cement your idea and get the job!

Once accepted there will be many re-writes and changes even while filming:

A good example would be "Casablanca" - the screenwriters were typing & handing the actors bits of dialogue as they were shooting the scenes.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
A good example would be "Casablanca" - the screenwriters were typing & handing the actors bits of dialogue as they were shooting the scenes.
They didn't really have an entire script at all during that, though, did they? At least it worked out for the film

I think it's usually better to have a complete script, and then do rewrites during the filming as it progresses. Bowfinger was like that. Steve Martin was constantly doing rewrites on it during filming (I think he said he usually does that with any of the stuff he writes).

Barry Lee

Reaction score
The fact is i'm stoked about this film. And the interview with Fozzie & Kermit, you have to realize the puppeteers couldnt spill much out, so it made the muppets look clueless. Its not out in the open, the whole 411 with the script and production itself. I am truly expecting something good to come out of this (not great then im setting my hopes high) and its nice they are taking time to make a good product. I can't wait to see what other developments arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.