Do you want a Palisades Muppet Babies Playset?

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Our license lasts through 05 though I believe. SO there are three years left in the license...two years unplanned as 03 is all wrapped up as far as line plan.
Oh, i thought it's like a four year license from the minute you sign it, didn't realise you get to release the whole of the last year. So if the playsets were to continue right to the end of the current license there'd be a possible 4 more unplanned i guess. I think the Chef's Kitchen and Swinetrek should hopefully do a lot better if quality and design has anything to do with it - they sound like such a step forward. Personally, I'd really like to see the Theatre stage made after that though if everything works out - it would be such a shame if that wasn't part of the line in some form.

I guess you guys already have tons of ideas and plans for future movie figures but is 'Afro Kermit' from MTM even on the radar ? I think that'd be a cool funky one like Vacation Fozzie. Dr Phil Van Neuter would also be another really visually good one to make, and i'm really looking forward to Pepe In A Tutu !

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Oh Goodie! i was thinking it ended right at the beging of 2005, that wwould be enough time to get all the main key muppets and then some out. 'Afro Kermit' from MTM would be a really great idea.

I would like a little more collectibles featuring kermit wering some type a outfit or clothing. there is stuff out there but not much, everytime i get a new Kermit plush or something my younger borther say it's all the same, you have one you have them all. Palisades is doing a great job, we have kermit in a tux, a PCV kermit in his pajamia's from MFS later on, and koozbane reporter kermit coming, and likey captin smolit from MTI.

maybe the afro kermit could come with disco stuff.

well anyways back to playsets, maybe 4, well then i'll stick with VH, backstage, Theater and then BOP. To me, I find them to be the most fun, and have the best display.

Zack,

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
LOL! I'd just love to see a Macho Man/Biker Link. :big_grin:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Rizzo and Pepe in a Jacuzzi would be cool, as would the Hispaniola, as would the Muppet Boarding House, as would maybe a Muppets Tonight TV studio, as would Pete's Diner (maybe recreating the rats cooking in the kitchen mechanism used by the puppeteers). Afro Kermit would make a great figure, as would MFS Tinfoil Gonzo and the list goes on. There are some really great ideas here - i guess there are just other big and stronger priorities first which might help increase sales and if that happened, anything could be possible.
I think more "mainstream" people remember The Muppet Babies (whether animated or puppet) than remember ANY of these scenes...

However, I agree that I wouldn't "waste" a playset on the Muppet Babies. I'd love to see what Palisades could do with them, but I wouldn't usurp a spot for something else down the pipe.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
LOL! I'd just love to see a Macho Man/Biker Link. :big_grin:
You could have a whole "leather" wave:

Biker Piggy
Macho Man/Biker Link
Cage Dancer Scooter

...I'm sure there are others...

:big_grin:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

GPrime1

Reaction score
Personally, I cringe at the idea of a MTI playset. To me, the largest appeal is those properties from the Muppet Show itself, such as the Backstage and Vet's Hospital ideas that have been floating around. I think to expand to broadly into some of the lesser known and lesser thought of projects (sorry, I know that's my opinion) such as MTI would spread the line too thin and would, I think, lessen the playablility factor. I mean, it would be really awkward to place Bunsen and Beaker aboard the Hispanolia compared to one of them being operated on in Vet's Hospital. I'm just thinking of the line as a whole and what it might look like in two to three years. I'd rather the Palisades team focus on projects that incorporate more of the line as a whole rather than a playset, for instance, that caters only to a select few characters such as Sam Arrow and Benjamina Gunn. (I'd still rather see Nurse Piggy rather than Benjamina Gunn).

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Personally, I cringe at the idea of a MTI playset. To me, the largest appeal is those properties from the Muppet Show itself, such as the Backstage and Vet's Hospital ideas that have been floating around. I think to expand to broadly into some of the lesser known and lesser thought of projects (sorry, I know that's my opinion) such as MTI would spread the line too thin and would, I think, lessen the playablility factor. I mean, it would be really awkward to place Bunsen and Beaker aboard the Hispanolia compared to one of them being operated on in Vet's Hospital. I'm just thinking of the line as a whole and what it might look like in two to three years. I'd rather the Palisades team focus on projects that incorporate more of the line as a whole rather than a playset, for instance, that caters only to a select few characters such as Sam Arrow and Benjamina Gunn. (I'd still rather see Nurse Piggy rather than Benjamina Gunn).
I like the way you think! this is how i feel,only you put it in a more understandable way;-)

reg bunsen and beaker would not go with the Hispanolia, and i really wouldn't want a MTI bunsen and beaker, it would be kind of a waste, yeah maybe if the line continues after 2005, but i say hold of on such little things like that,when Bobo, Bean Bunny, Robin,Sweetums and Dr. Phil need room, just the key or one's from MTI that would really look good as an action figure's, which kinda knock's out gonzo and rizzo from MTI because they were basicaly wearing rags compared to Sam Arrow or kermit as Captin Smolit.

BOP and VH would work with all the figures, weither you lock them up in the jail cell or put them on the oporation table. and we don't even need to explain the backstage and theater.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The truth is that much of the young public these days identifies with the last few Muppet films than the do the Muppet Show. A major section of the market remembers the Hispaniola, but not Vet's Hospital. Yeah, I'd like to see Vet's Hospital first, but it would not be wise just to focus on the show.

Now that Palisades has shelled out the cash for the movie license, they need to get a return for the investment. They are not planning to make every version of every film character. They are focusing on which characters make the strongest sculpts. I hope they can release more than 2 playsets a year. It would be great if at least 3 came out, but right now we're lucky if they don't disappear altogether.

Backstage, Bear on Patrol, Vet's Hospital, the Deluxe Theater Playset and possibly Miss Piggy's Dressing Room set are the only Muppet Show sets they really would need to make. Maybe biker Piggy with a motorcycle too.

Other ones I'd like to see would be a Deluxe Muppets From Space House Playset (fun to have such an environment for the characters), Electric Mayhem Bus (if they could figure out the issues), Happiness Hotel, Penguin skating pond and MCC houses and the Hispaniola. A studabaker for Fozzie would be a nice touch too, but I think it's hard to secure the rights to vehicles.

Can't think of too much else I'd have to buy - though I'll buy it all from them.