Do you want a Palisades Muppet Babies Playset?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Still if key sets from the Muppet show aren't selling i don't think they would movie's, if it's not going to sell well and there is going to be a cut back in playsets you might as well make what would sell with the fan's and collectors and what they would like more, then just to shove something out because of the license, there are pentley of figures and PVC's that can and will be used for that, i don't even think MCC shouldbe part of the action figure line and just stick with PVC'S for them.

more people would just think of them as chirstmas decorations and maybe just put them up once a year, or just by pass them, besides for fan's and collectors, i could see this with the PVC'S, but that's okay, i don't think a playset for MCC would be useful at all. Penguin's are great, but they can be put out some other way,plus i'm sure people would rather have the penguins nekkid then there MCC outfits :eek: but it's true:big_grin:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
It might be fun, and more cost effective, to make the deluxe Muppet boarding house playset for the PVCs.

The playset has to be at least two stories. Personally, I'd like to see a main floor with the living room and kitchen (I think we could drop the dining room and put a table in the kitchen-- yes, I know we have chef's kitchen but you can't have much of a house without a kitchen) than the second floor has the bathroom and at least one bedroom (Gonzo and Rizzo's room). We could have one small attic room on the top of the house (I'm thinking about a sort of Edwardian look with one square-ish room centered on the top of the house). A little dramatic license would allow Palisades to move the lab from the basement to that attic room. On the side, by the living room, we could have the front porch.

The whole thing could even be designed to hang on the wall as a display for the PVCs. We could put Gonzo with Balloons on the top of the attic room, Mahna Mahna and the Snowths could be dancing on the kitchen table.....

The boarding house would have to be awfully large to work for the figures. The scale of the PVCs allows for multiple stories while keeping the overall size down. The PVCs don't have the play value of the articulated figures (I would love to see a boarding house for the figures-- but that's pretty close to a doll house which is expensive to produce-- now, if the line *really* catches on we might be able to get a figure-scale boarding house in snap together levels with each story sold individually). I've always liked the idea of some sort of hangable display for the PVCs.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
As for MCC, I think the Christmas tie-in could work really well. Sure, some people will only put them out one month of the year-- but it opens up an entirely new market. Lots of people will invest in holiday decorations but not in collectible toys. If the MCC stuff could be marketed to that group I think it would do really well. Look at all the Dickensian scene stuff that sells like crazy in the fall. The Muppets are more wimsical than that and because they are plastic they would appeal to people with kids and pets. I can easily imagine MCC villages around trees and on tables....

Luke

Reaction score
I really like Muppetquilters idea - if the PVC's do sell well and Palisades can get them widely distributed it'd be fantastic to see a display like that and for them to become a very long running series. Even if the outcome doesn't lead to anything quite so major, maybe it'll be possible anyway for Palisades to at least put out some kind of method for display, even if it's just a modular version of the arches made cheaply and sold through the mail or the website.

I also get where Jamie is coming from - Paliasades paid for the movie license so it's pretty much certain that they'll make sure they get some mileage out of it. That said, although i agree that younger people probably remember the Muppets more for later films like MTI, MCC and MFS i'm not so sure that'd make them more likely to buy a Hispaniola or a set of MCC PVC's - it seems like the main market for the line is hardcore collectors and hardcore Muppet fans who will probably have got a grip on the entire Muppet history, people inbetween don't seem to want to pony up the money for a playset but will cough up for a inexpensive figure or two and there's a good mix of both classic Muppet and Muppet Movie stuff coming up. It'll be interesting to see how popular the movie stuff is once it gets into stores.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
playset wise, after chef's kitchen and swine trek, I'd say for sure the backstage muppet theatre and then main stage area of muppet theatre are the best choices. After that, Vet's hospital...personally, those are the only real playsets I think are worthwhile (although I'd buy them all anyway, as we all know I' an addict)....but anyway, yeah, the backstage is the #1 priority to me...

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Still, people don't look for Chirtmas decorations at EB games and such, sure if they were sold at the mall all set up in windows then that may work every well. I just think getting into the whole MCC with the action figures would be a waste. the PVC'S though are great for that i think. it doesn't mean the Movie license has to be part of everything....no one but muppet fan's whould buy a MCC MEGA Bunsen. i'm we are already getting MTI,MFS stuff planed in the action figure line, i'm sure there will be more including TGMC,TMM,TMTM. Gozno with the balloons is from TMM with the PVC, they are already making movie stuff.

I was afraid the movies would take over the reg part of the muppets including key or classic muppets, but after Beau and the newsman still stayed in simmalr spots,it was more conforting. They know what they are doing, i would just really dislike it if reg rowlf and/or reg Sam didn't get in on time because a MCC piggy or MTI Bunsen was made instead...

Fozzie bear from MTI and MCC were basicly the same with the wig on, i also feel Bunsen and Beaker will still a like from both movie, well not really but...i, i don't know what to say now...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Annika-

Wonderful idea! A mini boarding house for the PVC figures. Perfect.

Zach-

The MCC characters aren't dressed up in red and green or Santa costumes so they don't appear that seasonal. A lot of folks liked that movie (though it's not one of my faves) and the costumes and sets from that film are rich and interesting. I could go either way on that, but I think Palisades could do some amazing work on it.

Luke-

You are right. There's a balancing act that Palisades has to walk - between pleasing long-time fans and attracting a new fan base. And they really have to make use of that license. I feel they mainly purchased it so they could make Pepe and a newer version of Rizzo and possibly the bus, so it was mainly a figure thing.

I've always been skeptical of the sets. I always wanted the figures more, but as my collection grows, I want a place to put these guys. A setting rather than a blank shelf or a cardboard background. I guess the sets really are for the hardcore collectors. I really think a backstage should come out asap.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
about the MCC charcters though, they are already being made as PVC'S, at least most of the main one's. of coures the action figures would do more but it's kinda the same thing, look whatthey are doing with the Kermit PVC, he will be in a bathrobe, this being diffrent from all the other Kermit stuff made already.
not to say a reg Kermit PVC can't come out later on, i mean it's kermit, the world known frog.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I always wanted the figures more, but as my collection grows, I want a place to put these guys.
Yeah i also feel kinda the same way, and i'd think a lot of people who wouldn't usually buy the playsets would buy the Theatre for the reason you stated above - it'd just be the most recognisable centrepiece for the line. I love the Kitchen though and the P.I.S figures look so funky that people will (hopefully) want to buy the Swinetrek. The playsets are definitely moving up a gear - it's just the age old question of a fairly crappy consumer base that's the problem.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I'd prefer MTI action figures over MCC action figures anyday. Kids acan play pirate with MTI figures but who wants to play Dickens? MCC figures should only come out as exclusives or main stream if the line goes on for awhile. MCC is covered by the PVC line, which I haven't seen in my local stores yet, and we don't need action figures with the pvc at the same time. The PVC is best used for more animated poses that couldn't be done with figures, and movie stuff like MCC.